Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

101The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-01-12, 04:14

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Comment #100, congrats =)

I like Seina, it's a nice village.

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

102The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-01-12, 12:57

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Wow, thank you for all the comments guys. And I'm glad you liked Seina Skimbo. Smile

103The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-01-12, 14:38

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-01

Welcome to Vecchio in the city of Calora, where today we will be looking at some more of the old town of the city.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-02

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-03

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-04

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-05

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-06

Vecchio is also home to the old Provincial Parliament, which is now a monument to the city’s historic prominence as a port. The building remains a regional Government office.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-07

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-08

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Calora-ent09-09

104The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-01-12, 19:22

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Once again, a flawless update. I like how these pics have a spanish feel to them.

105The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-01-20, 14:36

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Rootandbranch

Due to major faults with my SimCity 4 game, it's with deep sadness that I have to announce the end of the current Cattala city journal. Many of my city tiles are struggling to cope with the development and image taking process that I do to produce images for this journal. Over the coming weeks I hope to re-assess the situation, and attempt to make some small updates of working cities like Brunswick, and Seina. If this does not work, then I will have to consider the future of this city journal.

I am incredibly sorry to have to make this announcement, but I hope to continue working on fixing this issue. If I can return with some optimistic news then I will do so as soon as possible, to keep you all up to date.

Thomas Simpson
Creator of the Royal and Holy Kingdom of Cattala

106The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-01-20, 16:44

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Crying or Very sad I can't believe what I'm reading. I think a lot of people are coming across problems with SC4, as our disks get older and older. I hope you can get everything fixed, or start a new region and CJ and get that working Smile

107The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-05, 07:54

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-02

Work is still ongoing on all of my other cities, but I thought I’d better keep you updated on what’s been happening in Seina.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-03

And a lot has – the eastern expansion is now finished, with a pond area now the centre of the communal area. Wildlife has flocked to the area, and the village school recently went on a nature trip to the pond to see some of the fish and duck species that live there.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-04

A new farm has also been built just north of the pond, and uses the water from the stream to produce high-quality, organic olives.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-05

New high-technology industrial buildings and offices have also been constructed, and the average income in the village has risen sharply due to the new investment.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-06

The pond is served by a freshwater stream that comes down from the northern hills, which villagers recently cleaned out and dredged, to increase water flow and reduce the risk of mild flooding.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-07

Construction on the new building to the north of Seina is still ongoing, but the central parts of the new building are complete, and soar over the rest of the village. There’s still a lot of external construction needed though – only the eastern frame of the building is complete.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-08

Landscaping work is nearly complete on the land, with fences and walkways nearly completed.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent08-09

To end with, an overview of Seina. Where do you suggest we build next, and what do you think the building is?

108The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-05, 19:33

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very Happy Do I see a modern skyscraper being built? Anyway great update

109The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-12, 16:37

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Welcome back to the capital, and my biggest ever project in Cattala. Over the past month I have been working on a huge district in Celeste that will dominate the skyline and economy of the affluent city. So, here's a glance at what you'll be seeing over the next few weeks.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-07-01
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-07-02
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-07-03

110The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-12, 18:32

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
That would be one interesting place to live, lol! Nice job. It's very historic and well-detailed as usual. Very Happy You have a very unique style, and that's a great thing when it comes to DDs.

111The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-13, 12:55

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Shocked Oh my it looks amazing and very colonial. I can't wait to see more Very Happy

112The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-18, 17:40

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U8-01

Welcome to a new look, fresh and spritely Cattala. And of course, in a new era for Cattala, we have to look at the capital city first. So now it's time for one of my most time-consuming mosaics ever. Here is Franogei, flowing alongside one of Celeste's many canals.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U8-02
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U8-03a
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U8-04b
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U8-05
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U8-06

Where would you like to go next? Seina? Calora? Somewhere new? You choose, and we'll go there.

113The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-20, 12:37

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
I love that beautiful canal with all those buildings. Beautiful. I love your unique style. Keep it up. I'd love to stay where we you are now Very Happy

114The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-20, 15:18

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Brunswickent401

Now time for (another) one of my mosaics. This one however, is the biggest single image I have ever shown. So be careful when opening it and I really hope you enjoy it. Thanks go to Marsh for helping me with this.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Brunswickent402

Direct Link: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img14/4230/brunswickent402.jpg

115The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-21, 11:54

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
great mosaic. I like how you put in black and white, it seems to fit that rural setting Smile idk I think it does

for my vote to where we go next, I like Sienna. Wink

116The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-23, 11:30

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-01

Welcome to Eurellia, a village in Ionia Province.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-02

This is our first visit to this northern province, which consists of two islands, the largest of which is Ionia Island. Eurellia is a small village in the central plains of the island.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-03

Today we're seeing for the first time a natural river. You'll remember that in Calora and Celeste that both of the rivers there have been canalized.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-04

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-05

Local agriculture benefits greatly from this river, which led to vast areas of forest being cut down for farmland over the past 200 years.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-06

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-07

This is the main motorway in Ionia, and runs through most of the towns and villages of the island. It extends from the north of the island right to the centre of the southern city that is named after the island.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Eurellia-ent1-08

Now many of you requested that we go to Calora next, so here's a new shot from Vecchio in the south of Calora. I hope you enjoyed this update.

117The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-24, 19:44

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Applause wonderful update, this seems to be a more modern version of sienna. Keep up your great work. my only suggestion is maybe scaling down the size of the main road, because to me it seems far to rural for four lanes. Thumbs Up Great work

118The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-02-26, 15:01

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thanks mayorm! Initially it was meant to be built on a main route between Calora and Seina, but I decided it'd be more suited to Ionia. So the road will probably be downgraded now. Smile

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U9-01

Welcome back to Celeste, and today we're leaving the mosaics behind and going for a full update. You may even see a couple of AIN nations featured...

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U9-02

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U9-03

What's this we see... Lower Columbia and Illu'a flags?

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U9-04

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U9-05

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U9-06

Thank you for visiting Franogei, and I hope you liked the images. Smile

119The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-05, 05:44

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent09-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent09-02

Welcome to Seina, where construction has continued since we last visited. Let’s take a brief look around, shall we?

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent09-03

One of the first things I’d like to mention is that I have changed the pond into Diggis’ style. I’ve found it’s much nicer and more fitting in Cattala, and means that natural waterways, like we saw in the Eurellia update, will now all be from the same style.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent09-04

Along the eastern border of Seina, a new farm has been opened by a wealthy landowner. It is fed by a small stream that also serves the pond to the north of this location.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent09-05

To the south of Seina’s town centre, a small hamlet of also been built to house workers in the new farms that border the main road through the village.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Seina-ent09-06

And to end this short update, we’ll see an overview of the expanded Seina… Where should it grow next?

120The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-05, 17:43

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
great updates. Sadly I didn't get a chance to comment on your previous one so I'll do that now:

I love the embassies and especially those colonial looking buildings. It seems as though Lower Columbia has alot of activity in that city.

I just keep loving these updates on Siena, the changes to pond look good.

121The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-06, 04:38

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Mayorm: Thank you, I'm very glad that you liked both of the updates. Lower Columbia is a close ally of Cattala - they supported us recently during a diplomatic conflict with the Hiigaran Confederacy.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-02

Welcome to a storm-soaked Franogei, where it’s been raining continuously for the past few days. But that won’t stop us taking a look around one of the most historic districts of the capital, will it?

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-03a

This is my first time trying a blurred background, so please feel free to be as critical as you like. I’m definitely going to keep trying things like this in the future, so any tips or hints would be appreciated.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-04

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-05

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-06

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-07

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-08

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Celeste-U10-09

To end with, a glance at a small park in Franogei.

122The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-07, 23:08

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I love the views of the city in the rain. Usually i think that having rain in pictures takes away from what is being shown in th pic, but these pictures are great. I love your european style buildings

123The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-20, 09:23

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Mayorm: Thank you, it's great to hear that you like the rain effect. I'm probably going to use it more often during Spring.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-02

Welcome back to Aldoak, in North Ontano. You can see how much Aldoak has changed since we last visited, because I’ve decided to rebuild all of North Ontano into more a Seina-esque, rural, village feel. I hope you like it.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-03

Today we’re starting off in the south-west of Aldoak, in the small farming community to the south of the main village.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-04

The land around the Fiume Ontano is fertile and ripe, and historically, Aldoak has been an important area for food production.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-05

In recent years farmland has been sold off for property construction, which has been highly profitable since the turn of the century.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-06

The Fiume Ontano flows through the centre of Aldoak and is the reason that the village was initially built. It flows from a source in the mountains north of Brunswick.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-07

The village centre is dominated by apartments and traditional Mediterranean homes, which are seen across Almae-Ontano Province.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent04-08

Much of the village has been built around the Fiume Ontano, and the series of streams that flow from it. To end with, an overview of Aldoak.

124The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-20, 11:58

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice update again. I think that I enjoy seeing these farming communities more than the bigger cities you've shown. (not that those are not great as well) Very Happy

125The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-25, 15:34

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Mayorm: Thanks! I'm glad you still follow Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-02

Welcome back to Aldoak, in North Ontano. Today we’re taking another look at the village of Aldoak, although mainly the north of the village.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-03

Here we see Aldoak’s central railway station – it’s small, but it does the job well and is one of the more efficient stations in Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-04

In the western fringes of the village, many homes are suburban and were constructed after the liberation of Cattala. This part of the village housed British servicemen after the 1943 attack on Sicily and Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-05

The main road through Aldoak traverses from the northern coast of Ontano, and heads through hundreds of acres of land to the far southern town of Brunswick.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-06

Along the railway line, many industrial complexes have been built and are the largest employer in Aldoak. The railway link to the mainland means land rental is cheap, and transportation is as well.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 5 Aldoak-ent5-07

To end with, a wide shot of the border between the village, the river and the vineyards that traverse the eastern side of the Ontano river.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum