Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

76Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-11-28, 00:48

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Woah Nice Update!

77Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-11-28, 19:15

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I like how linkie's update has a "green theme" on it Razz

78Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-05, 23:20

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
IT'S COMING
#BOLDNEWHD

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 BOLDNEWHD

Some wonder what this trailer is doing in the middle of nowhere.
Some wonder what's going on inside.
Others wonder why the people who installed the trailer didn't move the rocks that are out front...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 BOLDNEWTEASER1

But know this: That trailer... is completely innocent.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdtwitter Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdmaps Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdwebsite

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4

http://simopsis.com

79Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-06, 01:45

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I know what you will do Razz

Blow it up? Razz (Typical Trope)

80Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-06, 22:26

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
None of Your links work...
Look forward to see what happens to that trailer!

81Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-06, 23:11

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
lol!

That trailer is not innocent! They used the wrong color of bricks! Razz

82Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-07, 05:54

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Why not just ask the people who have parked outside? :p

83Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-09, 22:11

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdmainbanner

TEASERS ARE FUN.
SO HERE ARE SOME MORE WHILE YOU WAIT...

Teaser 1: Sprawl is really taking root in Holt District. With new restrictions of lots needing to be only 1x1 tile, developments like this have begun showing up:

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_SPRAWLTEASER_DEC8

...now. Which house is mine?

Teaser 2: As requested by SimCoug, here's a region view. Sort of, anyways.
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_REGIONVIEWTEASER_DEC8

...Hey, I think I can see my house from here! Razz

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdtwitter Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdmaps Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdwebsite

...more teasers and innocence to come before the next update!

84Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-09, 22:22

K50  

K50
Admin
What kind of a region view is that? Razz

85Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-09, 23:27

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I'm guessing you like to print those in your t-shirt Razz

86Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-10, 01:26

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
LOL fail!
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 1zh5Y
You need to fix that Razz

87Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-10, 20:33

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Fail Linkie Razz

88Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-12, 02:17

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I think it's fine. Wonder what you're hiding though with the region view Razz
I'll change the tune and say that's really nice.

89Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-12, 15:01

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
None of those poor people have gardens... What kind of civilisation are you building eh?

The region view is very er... black and white though. But I wouldn't call it clear. Razz

90Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-13, 00:12

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Interesting region view Very Happy

Remind me not to buy a house in one of those newer neighborhoods lol

91Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-21, 18:31

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

WELCOME TO ANOTHER UPDATE OF HD!

Well, RL has finally decided to calm down a enough for me to be once again able to play SimCity and get to publishing full Holt District updates. I thank everyone for your patience during the update drought, and I'm glad you all enjoyed the teasers. But enough of reviewing, let's get on with the show! Today's update is a continuation of update 12 - examining some major changes in the Sherkston CBD area. Development has really taken off, so much so I still haven't showcased everything. But, we'll get back to it eventually, there's lots to see in the rest of the region. Smile

So let's go see the ever-changing skyline of Sherkston...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston_update13banner_zpsa3f182f3

TOURING SHERKSTON CBD - PART 2

13.1 | Picking up where we left off - this complex has transformed the area. The terrain around the area was raised for its construction, creating a distinct new office/hotel area near the interchange of highways 82 and 182.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston131_zps7850a4f2

13.2 | A further out view of the area, one can see how much development in the area has transformed the skyline. The city council is plotting what to do with the empty grass surrounding the area.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston132_zpsa247d647

13.3 | Moving from the outskirts to the heart of the CBD, the changes continue. Equity Tower is a new addition to the skyline, housing Bank Orchidsen's new HQ. It is the building with a diamond glass pattern on the edge of the building.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston133_zpsdd188cce

13.4 | The "heart" of the CBD is growing outwards towards Highway 182. The Sherkston Complexe, as it is currently known, is a 2-tower office complex housing nearly 20,000 workers. The naming rights are currently going through a bidding process with the developer, and the winner should be announced soon.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston134_zps05d98585

13.5 | Accross town, the same developer constructed 2 other towers of a simmilar design. This complex, the OrCable Centre, was completed at the same time. This complex also houses around 20 000 workers. These 2 developments alone have created further strain on the housing market, which can't keep up with the pace of demand...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston135_zps8000b77d

13.6 | Elsewhere, Hogan Companies, Ltd. - a large franchise operator - was recently completed. The pink marble/brick building towers in the CBD, filling in a previously paved over lot. The lot was at once time a parking lot, but sold to a developer 10 years ago.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston136_zps819f780c

13.7 | ...and to finish off a large swath the heart of Sherkston's CBD. This is the first time a view this large of Sherkston has been provided. Don't expect this view to stay the same for long... developers are salivating at the thought of developing upwards in many areas around the CBD, and possibly developing the Toyota Centre's parking lot...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_Sherkston137_zps6f554268

Holt District continues to explode in terms of development. All signs point to it not stopping, but is that realistic? I can answer that question for you... it sure can. Holt District shows no signs of crumbling, and even the most conservative of analysts expect the boom to continue. Stay tuned to find out more about #BOLDNEWHD

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdreplies

K50
One of these days I'll actually use the GLR, I've yet to yet, though. Razz Even though that's a new development, that el-rail line was already there, so that's why it isn't GLR. Smile

Blake
Tell me about it. I just compared my in-game region view to the last census region view... wow. That's all I will say:P

Republicmaster
Thanks, glad you like it!

Might be because green is my favourite colour. Razz

111222333444 (2)
Well, it has since blown up/been demolished. Razz

Republicmaster
Oops. That seems to happen to me alot, I always mess it up transferring from WYSIWYG at ST to bbcode. Razz

Blake
Yes, that's totally why. Laughing

thomas
Where's the fun in that? Then there are no wild rumours. Razz

K50
I said sort of. Razz

Not a bad idea...

Republicmaster
-10 points for you! I obviously did that on purpose *coughcough* Razz

I'm human, what can I say? lol

cheese
Thanks, glad you like it. Smile ...and obviously I'm hiding nothing. Completely innocent...

thomas
Some areas around me are like that... they have next to no yard. Probably couldn't fit more than 3 people. Razz

mayorm
Glad you liked the region view. Very Happy I'll try to remember that, but hey. At least you don't need to mow a lawn. Razz

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdthanksforvisiting

Hope you enjoyed the second part of the Sherkston CBD tour. Next update we will be moving on to elsewhere in the region... Stay tuned! Smile

#BOLDNEWHD

92Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-21, 19:30

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow your CbD is really looking great Very Happy

Keep up the great work!

93Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-22, 00:28

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
THANKS, EVERYONE!! Very Happy

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_SMPCAWINNER_zpsdc308c5e

94Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-22, 02:52

K50  

K50
Admin
You earned it Link Smile

Now post here before you post on (God forbid) Simtropolis Razz

95Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-22, 03:02

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Congradulations Link!

96Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-22, 03:06

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Well deserved, you're the best CJer that I know!

97Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-22, 09:15

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Congratulations my friend! Very well deserved.

98Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-22, 21:01

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Well deserved! Very Happy

99Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-24, 01:22

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

WELCOME TO THE SPECIAL HOLIDAY HD UPDATE!

Today's update takes a look at what's happening throughout Holt District in the rush leading up to Christmas Day. We visit several cities and examine the lives of what is currently happening amongst many Holt District families. Let's go take a look at the holiday festivities...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_update14_zps462b2884

'Twas 2 Nights Before Christmas...

14.1 | 'Twas 2 nights before Christmas... and all through the region, not a creature was stirring .. okay... that's a lie. Let's start from the beginning, shall we? 'Twas 2 nights before Christmas, and all through Holt District, the malls they were packed, the lines they were long. Residents everywhere were busy purchasing, things from toys and clothing to maybe even a diamond ring.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee141_zps5a946528

14.2 | The malls they were busy, but not just them. For you see, the sims needed food too. The Walmarts and the Sobeys' busy they were, as sims hurried for the cocoa that was forgotten. Eggs they were popular, for the Christmas baking, and forgotten often did it seem they were.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee142_zps65c77e17

14.3 | All the children lying in bed were they. Excitement was building as Santa neared. Some hoped for snow, a White Christmas indeed. Rare is it though, for snow in Holt District.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee143_zps1f12ad2d

14.4 | Especially joyous were some. Many residents, you see, were celebrating their first Holidays' in Holt District. This neighbourhood, filled it is, with residents anew.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee144_zps50f19d12

14.5 | With the holidays arriving, winter break did begin. School students on vacation for 2 weeks they were. Some were filled with glee, not because of the holidays, but the break from the grind of education.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee145_zpsd2ba7bcc

14.6 | Adults in bliss, were they. For since Christmas falls on a Tuesday, Monday the offices are closed. And many offices offered Wednesday off as well, for productivity was skyrocketing. An extra-long break, for the adults it is. Offices like this will be silent for days.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee146_zpse3cd02e8

14.7 | Into the city, we head. Sherkston is bustling with an influx of people. At the Toyota Centre, Christmas concert does it blast. The Holt Orchestra and other bands play, serenading the crows with a mix of modern and traditional.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee147_zpse6b72bdd

14.8 ...and while many drop from a long day of shopping, partying are many more at the Annual Christmas party. Laughter and finger foods fill the room, as do a few drunken fools... perhaps the eggnog was a little less nog than the previous year.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee148_zps9a98bf3d

14.9 | The parties continued into the wee hours of the morning. Many left early, dreading more shopping at the last-minute. Many others partied all night long, forgetting to go home...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_manatee149_zps1bcf1644

'Twas 2 nights before Christmas, and all through the region... many creatures were stirring, perhaps even some mice...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 HD_happyholidays_zps16bd5bae

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE! HOPE YOU ARE/HAVE ENJOYED YOUR HOLIDAY SEASON.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdreplies

mayorm
Thanks! Took me enough tries to get right... Razz

K50
​Thanks, K50. Smile ST will still get updates first, though, easier to go WYSIWYG to BBCode, at least for me. Razz

mayorm
​Thanks mayorm!

cheeseguy
Ahh shucks, thanks. Embarassed

thomas
​Thank you, and congratulations on your award as well! Smile

republicmaster
​Thanks RM!

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Hdthanksforvisiting

Coming Soon: December 2012 Census! This census, ironically, will be published in January.
#BOLDEWHD may also soon make an appearance...

100Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2012-12-24, 01:30

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
...awesome!

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum