Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-04, 02:45

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very nice! The website is great too! I can't wait to see how everything changes Very Happy

127Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-05, 04:19

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Amazing Stuff! Lots of work put in Very Happy

128Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-07, 17:11

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdmainbanner

It's Teaser Time!

As I begin to prepare the December 2012 Census for publication I have for you more teasers! I wanted a full update, but with all the work that goes into the census a teaser is what I wound up with instead. But trust me, it's worth it. Smile So today we are in an unknown location of the region, looking at something that has risen due to the new planning guidelines set out by BoldNewHD. Let's have a looksee at what could possibly going on...

Teaser 1: Believe it or not, we're in the middle of an industrial park. This man made pond was one of the requirements set out by BoldNewHD, that within industrial developments should be beautification. While some don't understand it, others appreciate the fact that some land in the industry-designated zones is occupied by nature.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_jan072013teaser1_zps16f9003c

Teaser 2: With the massive influx of jobs thanks to a rapidly expanding industrial sector comes an increase in residents. Here we see a brand new neighbourhood with brand new houses, brand new Jr. and Sr. high schools and brand new communications towers... the theme really here is "new, new, new." That theme is playing out across the region, which you will soon see in the census.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_jan072013teaser2_zps29250cfd

Stay tuned for the December 2012 Census results... the region has had another quarter of stellar growth.
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 9827318_orig

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdtwitter Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdmaps Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdwebsite

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6

Check out the newly remodelled HD Official Website at holtdistrict.weebly.com!

http://simopsis.com

129Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-07, 17:24

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great short update! Very Happy Glad to see your region expanding

130Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-07, 17:31

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Looks great! Very Happy

131Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-07, 18:26

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I like it Smile

132Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-07, 22:59

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Moar Steamroller factories! Razz

Very nice Smile

133Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-12, 10:56

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Wonderful pictures, I really like the colour tones in that update.

134Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-12, 14:15

forthwall  

forthwall
Visitor
Visitor
Excellent update, love the lake Very Happy

135Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-12, 23:55

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

Well, this is a little embarrassing I originally intended to be publishing the census right now, but I suppose I was a little scatterbrained yesterday. To make a long story short, I'm away from my computer that has SC4 on it this weekend, so I grabbed all the pictures and stats needed for the census update prep and publication and put them on a USB. Of course, I forgot to bring that USB stick with me. So... the census update has had to be delayed to January 15. Hopefully I actually get it up. So, enjoy this pretty image advertising the delayed census.

Any guesses to which city this is? First correct guess (across all 5 versions) may just get a cool prize. Maybe. Razz

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD-Dec2012Census-Announce_zps096a1943

To make up for the delay, I'm finally doing applies. Razz
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdreplies

mayorm
Thanks, it's only just beginning to boom - it should be fun to explore with updates! Smile

Republicmaster
They do, more midrises will be developed to blend them into a little more. Smile

thomas
Wait and you shall see. Though you've probably seen by now. Razz

K50
That might possibly be the case... but would that be so bad? Razz

Yes, yes I am. The story clarifies that development was to occur there, didn't, and is now scheduled to go on again. Plame changing governments. Razz

cheeseguy
Thanks, glad you think so!

Glad you think so, numbers!

mayorm
Thanks! A lot of work has gone into this project, so I'm glad you like the plan so far. I hope you like some of the upcoming projects... the region will definitely go through giant changes!

Republicmaster
Lots of work has gone in so far, with a lot more to come. But I'm excited! Very Happy

mayorm
Glad you like it - hope you enjoyed today's teaser as well!

Blake
Thanks! Smile

[cheeseguy/b]
Thanks Smile

[b]111222333444

You bet! The steamrollers from the steamroller factory may just steamroll the fridge factory. Razz

thomas
Thanks, I'm experimenting with colour changes for the photos to capture the feel the cities would in RL. The colours of the game sometimes seem washed-out to me.

forthwall
Thanks, glad you think so!

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdtwitter Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdmaps Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdwebsite

136Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-13, 00:33

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
Is it Kuhan maybe? I know that was being reincorporated to a town, so maybe that's it XD Good job on these teasers and the past few updates!

137Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-15, 15:30

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012censusbanner_zpsd579a411

WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER 2012 CENSUS IN HD!

The moment is finally here! After several delays (unintentional and intentional) the December 2012 Census in HD is here! Although yes, it is January, this is the December census as this alligns with the census schedule. A census will be done quarterly (every 3 months) - meaning they occur at the end of March, June, September and December. 2012's December census was delayed in part because of OSITM and in part because of RL and forgetting a USB stick on my part. But enough blabbering about what the census is, and more info about this quarter's census.

Q4 in Holt District was a quarter of significant growth. If you thought the last census showed significant growth, be prepared to be astonished this time! Thanks to relaxed planning regulations, super high demand and other various factors (including BOLDNEWHD) growth has taken off in Holt District. A condo boom continues through many of the major cities in the region, and sprawl is making inroads in the western portion of the region. Holt District is becoming a leading region in Orchidsen (the province it resides in) and could soon be considered a world-class place to live and work. While residential growth has been astounding, so had the increase in the number of jobs. The commercial sector continues to dominate commerce in the region, however industrial sector is picking up steam thanks to new designated industrial development areas throughout the region. Of course with massive growth comes some people who are unhappy, the "traditionalists" so to speak - those who want development to stop. But they are few and far between. As the region continues to boom there are still no signs of a bubble - supply is still well-below demand, jobs are keeping up and although prices are continuing to rise, they are not rising at a worrying pace.

So let's go on and take a look at population figures and something many may be waiting for - an updated region view. Note that unlike the last census update, this update does not have a "major development" section - there are so many that instead regular updates will continue to show off new developments. Smile

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_populationdatabanner_zpse6eea75f

We begin with the overall region population. Holt District's growth has been astonishing this quarter thanks to a region-wide construction boom. How astonishing was growth? Just scroll down... the number may surprise you. Remember, last census period the population was below 485 000...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_regionpopulation_zps6ffcb39c

As you can see, these new projects have really driven growth. And also take note: this data is real-time quarters. As in from Seember 29, 2012 to data retrieval day. Not SimCity time.

The first of the municipalities brings us to The City of Sherkston:

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_sherkston_zps8f6f0f96

The ongoing condo boom in the city continued, fuelled by the influx of jobs to the city.

Next we arrive in the City of Manatee which has experienced its own boom along with Sherkston...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_manatee_zpsdb00336c

Jobs growth, along with residents choosing to live in quieter Manatee over Sherkston fuelled a 30% population gain.

We arrive in the first of Holt District's towns, heading north to The Town of Dofino. Dofino was the biggest %gainer this census period.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_dofino_zps36725a13

It's proximity to Sherkston and low land costs fuelled an over 300% swell in population.

Next we find us in Shorecoast. Shorecoast was the slowest grower this quarter.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_shorecoast_zpsfb9ebb63

Waterfront development was focused in Midport, which meant slower growth in Shorecoast this census period.

We move west to the Town of Kuhan, formerly The Township of Northwest Holt.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_kuhan_zpsb7a46939

Suburban sprawl continue this census period, lifting Kuhan to one of the largest municipalities in the region.

This picture should look fammilar. Nobody correctly guessed this as Norecount, Manatee's southern neighbour.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_norecount_zpsb6764590

Industrial expansion in the town, along with increased jobs available in Manatee, fuelled growth in this once sleepy town.

After being the only municipality with a population decrease last census period, Midport is now booming.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_midport_zpsa87b9de9

Waterfront development has lifted Midport's population, almost doubling it in the most recent quarter.

The Township of Saltfield continues to boom, and will soon be reincorporated as a town...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_saltfield_zps102dfc9b

Suburban sprawl and suburban condominiums have lifted Saltfield's population. Industrial development is also on the rise.

We arrive now to Old Port, our last community to look at.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_oldport_zps4bcab251

Old Port's population was lifted by the ongoing expansion of the large planned community in the town.

For reference, here is the population data as you would have seen it during the Seember 2012 Census:

Holt District (Entire Region): 483 539
Sherkston: 151 690
Manatee: 119 330
Shorecoast: 74 783
Midport: 33 103
Norecount: 18 044
Dofino: 26 824
Old Port: 17 331
Northwest Holt (Now Kuhan): 20 565
Saltfield: 21 869
Just a bit different, eh?

And that does it for population figures! As you can see, this has been another stellar quarter of growth in Holt District!

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_regionviewbanner_zps6bca5f49
REGION VIEW TIME!

This first region view is the current look of the region, as of the collection of data. The region has significantly filled in and as you will notice, we've yet to see alot of what has developed. Development in the west has taken off, as has it in the north (Dofino). Also note the increased density of Sherkston's CBD.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_currentregionview_zps2c2beeed

For reference, here is Holt District's region view at the time of the last census (in late Seember) - a very big difference.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_dec2012_regionviewold_zpsbf01f4ba

AND THAT DOES IT FOR THE DECEMBER 2012 CENSUS IN HD!
Thanks to everyone for your patience in its delay. I hope you enjoyed it, and enjoyed a little more detail into what the population is doing in Holt District! Be on the lookout for the next census, which is scheduled to happen at the end of March! Will it be another quarter of stellar growth? Stay tuned...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Hdreplies

CoastRunner
Sorry - none of the above! Razz

Note: If you see "pt" missing from words, I just ran notepad to remove all "pt" from the bbcode, and forgot about it in normal words. Oopsies.

Last edited by simLink on 2013-01-15, 15:59; edited 2 times in total

138Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-15, 15:53

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Wow, there has definitely been some significant growth. Nice work!

139Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-15, 16:08

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
Magnifico! You do awesome work on this, man Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 455393

140Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-15, 21:19

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Lots and lots of growth Razz

141Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-16, 19:07

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Yay census Razz
Lots of growth Very Happy

142Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-17, 00:36

K50  

K50
Admin
Interesting Smile

Just curious, are those the actual SC4 numbers, or are those numbers for the DD?

143Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-17, 13:31

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
K50 wrote:Interesting Smile

Just curious, are those the actual SC4 numbers, or are those numbers for the DD?

Those are the actual SC4 numbers, not the DD numbers. The quarter is also in real time, from September 29, 2012 to end of December 2012. Smile
Some municipalities (Saltfield and Kuhan) are made up of multiple city tiles. The other municipalities are a single large SC4 tile.

144Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-20, 23:07

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

"WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS..."
TEASER

It's looking a little bit wet outside in Holt District today.
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_teaserJan201_zps8ae1e541

Maybe I'll take my boat to work today...
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 HD_teaserJan202_zps5d901755

That's it for today. Replies next update.

145Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-20, 23:11

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
let me guess, flooding? Razz

146Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-21, 00:42

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
LOL The Jupiter Mod is in Full Swing! XD

Very nice I like it and I'm guessing couple of streets to be water filled because of poor planning jkjk Razz

147Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-21, 11:44

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Watch out for flash floods

148Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-21, 15:48

K50  

K50
Admin
Hey it's Portland Razz

149Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-23, 22:30

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Darknessarrives_banner_zps30c37de0

Many have wondered how Holt District can always be happy. Today is the answer: it isn't.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 171_darknessarrives_zpsc1324551

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 172_darknessarrives_zps4e375916

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 173_darknessarrives_zpsc7b9d7fa

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 174_darknessarrives_zps968f43bd

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 175_darknessarrives_zps1cffcf0b

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 176_darknessarrives_zpsed1c9bc3

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 177_darknessarrives_zpsf66ee25a

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 178_darknessarrives_zpsc158937b

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 179_darknessarrives_zps6aefac7a

Replies next update.

150Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-01-23, 22:32

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Booo whoo very dark

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum