Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

201Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-22, 01:48

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very Nice Amusement Park Razz

Also... Soon there will be a rain of... Refrigerators! Razz

202Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-23, 19:02

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
I am amused! Great Amusement park Very Happy

203Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-25, 22:03

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Sign me up for a season pass Very Happy

204Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-26, 15:16

saathoff  

saathoff
Spectator
Spectator
Amusement Park :O Ohhh how I wish it was summer!

205Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-26, 22:01

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
2 season passes please

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

206Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-27, 21:57

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 CENSUS_TEASER_zps281312ba

And of course, it just wouldn't be an advertisement for the next census without an obscure region view!

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 CENSUS_TEASER_REGIONVIEW_zpsba916c63

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HoltDistrict_WEBSITEclick_zps558ef146Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HoltDistrict_boldnewhdclick_zpsf5da4771Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HoltDistrict_hdtwitterclick_zps77e01c3b

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9

http://simopsis.com

207Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-27, 22:25

K50  

K50
Admin
.....that's a region view? Razz

208Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-28, 22:52

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
So much dots Razz

209Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-30, 23:56

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_mainbannerheadimg_zps33e64097

MARCH 2013 CENSUS

It's that time again! Another quarter has passed which means it is time for another census here in Holt District. A lot has happened this most recent quarter: the region has been booming under BoldNewHD, faced its first significant natural disaster in years and faced some, shall we say, "interesting" political mess formed. As usual, this census will feature update population figures for all municipalities for the region, including commercial and industrial statistics, and an updated region view. Growth boomed again this quarter, and the region hit a pretty massive milestone this time. Let's scroll down to see what it might be...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_UPDATE21BANNER_zpsc7b2e548

If you've never seen a census before, the data below is presented in a pretty format, since I like doing things that way. As mentioned, a major milestone was reached this past quarter - and furthermore there was a shakeup in the order of municipality size in terms of population. Manatee has fallen from second place after sitting there for its entire existence, and the regions existence. 2 towns are dueling for growth rate supremacy while the remainder of the list saw significant shake ups as well. This text blurb is also here so you get to see the pretty banner for the census, in addition to the pretty normal banners. Seriously. Razz

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_MARCH2013CENSUSBANNER_zps0c641689

We begin the census with statistics for the overall region. Holt District passed a major milestone this census - it surpassed the 1 000 000 in population mark for the first time. Overall the region grew by approximately 30% due in large part to suburban sprawl in the western parts of the region.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_REGION_zps73a1ca78

We move to the first municipality: Sherkston, which holds on to the title of largest city in Holt District. More condominium construction and several new single-family housing developments kept Sherkston on the growth train for yet another quarter.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_SHERKSTON_zpsa8531117

Moving into second place after unseating Manatee is Kuhan. Kuhan more than doubled in size again this quarter. The town has grown thanks to huge amounts of single-family homes constructed and several condominiums near Everest Peaks. Kuhan did not, however, win the growth rate supremacy contest this quarter...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_KUHAN_zpse601e455

Falling to third place is Manatee. Manatee grew by a tiny 0.9% this quarter. This is a fair grwoth rate, especially after the destruction caused by the tornado which left approximately 5000 homeless.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_MANATEE_zps1d38f900

Booming up to 4th place is the former Township of Saltfield - now the Town of Flynn! Flynn was the fastest growing municipality in Holt District this past quarter. The construction scene in the background is the new large-format arena being constructed as part of BoldNewHD.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_FLYNN_zpsdf8037f7

Dofino put up solid numbers again this quarter, due in large part because of lower land price and new, affordable condos available close to its charming downtown core.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_DOFINO_zps4937f968

Shorecoast is reaching for 100 000 in population with these 2 large residential towers. The increase in population in the town is due nearly in all part from these towers. They provide excellent photo-taking opportunities...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_SHORECOAST_zpsf2cbfec3

Midport continues to grow after a modest decline in the first census that was published here. Growing by 25% the town continues to be a hotbed for single family homes and condominiums over looking the water.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_MIDPORT_zpsa9c86dc1

To Norecount, we go! Norecount is facing sprawl, pushing its population up nearly 8%. In the background photo you can see the sprawl meeting an established neighbourhood.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_NORECOUNT_zps924e78f4

We finish the statistical portion of this quarter's census update in Old Port which grew very modestly this quarter. With the developer of the planned community pre-occupied with sprawl in Kuhan and Flynn only a section of phase 3 was completed this quarter.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_OLDPORT_zpsff36a8c2

Of course, that's not the only part of this census update. It's time for an updated region view! Below are 2 region views - one displaying the region in all its awesomeness (Wink) and another with labels highlighting projects under construction as part of BoldNewHD. You will notice the region continues to sprawl out at a rapid pace. Especially in the west, where Everest Peaks and the surrounding development now grace the landscape. In the more developed portions of the region surrounding Manatee and Sherkston the region continues to fill out nicely.

Region View #1

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_regionview_zpsf381b41d

Region View #2

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDMA2013CENSUS_regionviewBOLDNEWHD_zps7d36ae12

That's it for this quarter's census! I hope you enjoyed the census and looking at the conitnuing growth of Holt District. Come back in late-June for another census update! What will happen this quarter? Nobody knows yet, but guessing continued growth wouldn't be a bad start. Wink

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_repliesbannerimg_zpsbfe9cf31

Blake
Thanks! I like doing 1x1 developments, really represents sprawl well. Razz Also glad you like the park! Very Happy

I did hear there was a shortage of fridges in Holt District. Maybe the residents will go out and catch one, and hopefully not go splat. Razz

Republicmaster
Glad you like it! Very Happy

mayorm
Will do! Look for it in your fake mail soon! Very Happy

saathoff
You and me both! Razz

titanicbuff
Will do - they'll be delivered soon!

Republicmaster
Glad you like it! Very Happy

K50
As the post says, an abstract one. Razz

Who doesn't love dots? Razz

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_thanksforvisitingbannerimg_zps316ca0a8

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HoltDistrict_WEBSITEclick_zps558ef146Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HoltDistrict_boldnewhdclick_zpsf5da4771Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HoltDistrict_hdtwitterclick_zps77e01c3b

210Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-31, 01:51

K50  

K50
Admin
Nice udpate as always SL... but I have a strange feeling you did not grow those skyscrapers in Kuhan, just saying Razz

211Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-31, 19:43

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
love the town of Old Port

212Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-03-31, 20:17

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I love your waterfronts and your residential neighborhoods. It looks great! Very Happy

213Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-11, 21:59

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Hdcirclelogo_zps2fb0410a

HOLT UNIVERSITY TEASER

Holt District has been quiet recently, and will continue to be as I wrap up another semester.
So what could be more appropriate than a sneak peek of the future Holt University? Smile

This is a memorial marker on the future campus, dedicated to the Holt Family who largely built this region in the beginning.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_HoltUTeaserApril11-1_zpsc10dec78

This is one of the many lecture hall complexes. Soon these will be filled with students glaring at their professors as they ramble on about... something.
Nobody quite knows what. Razz

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_HoltUTeaserApril11-2_zps0c09a5d6

This is another complex, consisting of smaller classrooms for tutorials, seminars as well as several faculty offices. There are also, again, some lecture halls.
Currently the faculties of the Sciences, Engineering and Business School are being considered for this space as the major tenant.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD_HoltUTeaserApril11-3_zps279901a9

...how many more quiet nights this campus will see remains unseen. But with students arriving this coming fall...
...and that's all we have for now. Thanks for sticking with Holt District during this quiet period. I hope to have activity pick up once again in a few weeks!

214Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-11, 22:20

K50  

K50
Admin
I'll be looking forward to this Smile

215Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-12, 00:05

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Looking Forward!

I heard the university is having a near absolute zero fridge! Razz

216Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-25, 14:10

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HdWILLBERIGHTBACK_zpsbbb6c621

Thanks for putting up with the sporadic activity here recently!
RL has been hitting me hard the past few months. School has been crazy busy and other things have been falling on me like a bag of bricks. Things have let up enough though that Holt District full updates will finally be returning - and I'm not talking just teasers. Full updates are finally on their way back! Finals these past 2 weeks and the midterms saga at school have limited my time in SimCity to 0 hours, so I have a few things to do before getting an update out. But they're coming, and this is your notice that they are. So thanks to all of you for being patient with me, but RL has been a tad crazy. I'm super excited to get back to updating and to showing of Holt District to all of you again!

217Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-25, 19:31

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Seeing the teasers has me champing at the bit- -snort- Naaaahhhhhh

218Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-27, 20:21

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

Holt Stadium Project

I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Razz
After a long absence these past 3 months (I think there were only 2 full updates) things are finally returning to normal-ish for me (for now anyways Razz) so I finally have a new update to share! Today's update focuses on the new Holt Stadium project being constructed in Flynn, the former Township of Saltfield. Part of BoldNewHD, this project includes a brand new stadium, transit line to Kuhan and Sherkston and some new office space. In the future there will also be residential development. A lot is happening in the area, and several new projects are heard to be in the planning process. So let's go have a look and see what's happening in Holt District after an update drought. Smile

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_zps531777da

22.1 | The new stadium area is polluted with cranes. With so many things under construction residents now enjoy "count the cranes" more than monopoly. You never know when a new one will crop up. This photo displays where the arena will eventually site. The arena itself will seat 50000 in various configurations. There is rumoured to be a football (ed. note: Canadian Football) franchise to opening up shop in the region, with this likely being its new home. There is also a rumour the arena will be convertible to hockey, though no official word on a franchise locating to the region yet. Rumours do point to one being housed in the Toyota Centre or Spengler Arena in Sherkston...

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn1_zps3b2abeb6

22.2 | Just to the north is a dual-tower office complex under construction. Someone had the hair-brained idea of doing the landscaping prior to building completion. Needless to say the walkways will need replacing by the finishing of construction.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn2_zps1f07749d

22.3 | Over this way we find the home of more future office building. These will be medium-rise buildings. The developer of this complex is currently designing the next phases which will fill much of the grasslands around this section of the development.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn3_zps8a380e42

22.4 | Here we see the construction of the future Embassy Suites hotel and parking garages for the arena and office buildings. To the left construction on the arena station will begin soon, once construction on the arena progresses a little further.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn4_zps959b17e7

22.5 | With all this change on the horizon some people will undoubtedly be unhappy. Several residents of Flynn near the development are unhappy with the dust and noise of construction and the traffic the complex will bring once it begins to open. But change isn't easy to swallow for more people, and there is more on the horizon for these people.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn5_zps138769d3

22.6 | To the south of the arena a proposal has been approved, by Flynn town council and under BoldNewHD, for a new mega-regional shopping centre. Some residents, of course, were up in arms about this decision. However there is a chronic lack of retail in the region as it has not kept up with demand and residential development in recent time.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn6_zps2efd57c4

22.7 | And this arena project and mall are just the tip of the iceburg as it is. A zoomed out view of the arena construction gives you an idea of how little is currently underway. Sooner or later, all that land will be developed as mid to high density status. Change is coming, and some residents are unhappy. But, you take a risk when moving to Holt District. And that risk is your quiet neighbourhood will soon be neighbouting skyscrapers.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn7_zpsb4802a73

22.8| The change will continue, too. Holt District council, in association with Sherkston, Kuhan, Flynn and Manatee municipal councils have approved an intensification development zone. This zone encompasses the outer edges of the current municipalities, with key developments already in planning or underway making up the boundaries of this zone. This zone will be only allowed to develop as mid to high density construction going forward, with an emphasis of "cove" developments, with each "cove" being surrounded by new, man-made lakes and lush vegetation. Developers are drooling at the thought... this land is very much in demand and this planning amendment has opened up new, affordable and attractive development styles.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD22_Flynn8_zps2e3d4711

K50
Grow skyscrapers? Me? Not often. Razz Though demand was high enough to allow towers of that size to grow, but then I'd have to wait for the right ones show up at the right times. Razz

titanicbuff
It's a nice little place, for sure. Smile

Blake
Thanks - it's one of my favourite features of the map!

K50
Glad you are - a little while longer for HoltU update, but lots to show until it's ready!

It just may have one - you never know when those will come in handy!

titanicbuff
Hope it was worth the wait! Smile

219Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-04-27, 20:31

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
beautiful.

220Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-05-09, 00:59

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

[size=14pt]Manatee Rebuilding[/size]

After a damaging tornado, parts of Manatee are finally recovering. After being embroiled in a scandal, many rebuilding projects were delayed but have since gotten back on track. Some however, remained delayed. Some residents have finally started rebuilding their lives, thanks to the Government of Orchidsen getting involved in the insurance scandal. Today we take a look back to the destruction and where some of the rebuilding projects stand today, and how the community was affected.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Banner_zps396c7ba9

23.1 | A strip-mall of big-boxes once stood here. After the tornado only Dick's Sporting Goods remained. The store, which required only minor repairs, opened 2 weeks after the tornado, only to liquidate. The owner of the land eventually bought out their lease. Stores on either side were destroyed.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee1_zps23c8dbc7

23.2 | This residential area was greatly affected by the twister with a large swath of houses being destoyed. The tornado delayed the road extension to Norecount project, one estimated to reduce congestion on other arterial roads and within the residential neighbourhood.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee2_zpsabef0ca1

23.3 | An industrial park was destroyed as well, this one housing several high-tech industries and manufacturers. The lush forest in the area were uprooted. Condos were destroyed, with the neighbouring buildings that weren't flattened later condemned.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee3_zps37a737aa

23.4 | Today, though, rebuilding has started. Houses are under construction. The first phase of the Norecount avenue extension has also been completed, though sounds walls, landscaping and another project are to come.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee4_zps1400c45f

23.5 | A closeup of the reconstruction. Houses are at varying stages, with many sharing a common design. Several developers have offered their services for discounted rates, with designs similar to houses which once stood.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee5_zps9d60ab8c

23.6 | What this image shows is something that continues to startle residents. While some houses sate perfectly fine, ones just metres away were destroyed and are now being rebuilt.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee6_zps6bdb7d40

23.7 | And to finish off: X... marks the spot? But what does it mark, exactly? Do my earlier tweets (@HoltDistrict) have anything to do with it?

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HD23_Manatee7_zps871de4e1

Titanicbuff
Thanks! Smile

221Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-05-13, 21:34

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi

The evolution of Holt District is taking another step forward today, with the announcement the region will begin rolling out a new LRT system. The new system is part of the BoldNewHD transit segment of initiatives. This segment is meant to improve traffic flow throughout the region. Today's presentation outlines a few key features of the new system and some of the steps it will be taking in improving regional transit as a whole. The new system will, when completed, span the entire region. Using a mix of urban, suburban and rural lines in addition to road-top and non-road-top lines, the system will begin as a new piece of the transit puzzle in Holt District. It will also be phasing out the EL-Rail system, gradually replacing that particular system. The region expects this to be a viable alternative to the automobile when used in tandem with planned bus service expansions.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDLRTINTRO_zpsa2fea17a

Neighbourhood stations will icrease the access to transit in residential areas and increase the easibility to traverse the entire region.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDLRT_235_zps4876595c

Road-top routing will allow transit lines to get closer to your final destination and increase the areas served without consuming valuable real-estate in urban areas.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDLRT2_zps7d380bdc

The new LRT system will replace the existing EL-rail system. In most cases the LRT system will take the existing footprint, but in some cases the system will take the closest available road-top routing in urban areas and where practical.

Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 HDLRT3_zps81d5e2ed

That's it for today's announcement about the Holt District LRT system. We will definitely be seeing more LRT construction as time goes on.

222Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-05-13, 22:48

K50  

K50
Admin
.... you just built the el-rail system though! Razz

223Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-05-13, 23:14

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
K50 wrote:.... you just built the el-rail system though! Razz

Only some of it though. Parts of it are old.
Besides, in HD monies is plentiful. Razz

224Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-05-14, 01:27

K50  

K50
Admin
simLink wrote:
K50 wrote:.... you just built the el-rail system though! Razz

Only some of it though. Parts of it are old.
Besides, in HD monies is plentiful. Razz
I guess... Razz

EDIT: wait, OLD??? How old, a few months? Razz

225Holt District (DDOTM!) - Page 9 Empty Re: Holt District (DDOTM!) 2013-05-14, 11:27

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Time is ambiguous in Holt District, so although they were developed a few months ago RL time, it could be longer HD time. The only thing that is done in true real-time are the census, which are done quarterly in real time. Those also show real-time growth. Select events (Nov 2012 referendums, etc.) are also done in real time. So yea... Razz

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum