Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 15]

276New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-07, 01:41

K50  

K50
Admin
It's been a pretty lousy week, between K50's academic workload, Sandy on the east coast, and Obama and Crazy Joe staying in office. I do have this teaser for you though. I'm not going to say much about it because I should be writing an essay right now, so enjoy Razz

New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50teaser3

277New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-07, 05:18

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Night shots nice!! Smile

278New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-17, 01:43

forthwall  

forthwall
Visitor
Visitor
Nice nightshot!

279New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-21, 22:47

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks you two Smile

I recommend you view these pictures full size by the way.
-----------------

I wasn't expecting to ever get to the 50 Update milestone, but here I am. And what better way to celebrate it then driving through New Chandler City, as half of the previous updates have focused on the general area of New Chandler City. That hasn't been a trend that has carried over to New Chandler III (NCIII is Update 30 and forward if you're wondering) but I figured it's fitting to focus on some highways in the biggest city of the journal.

By the way, for all of you who have commented from my journal from the beginning, like Mithrik, TekindusT, Benedict, Mastof, ggamus, Kj3400, and everyone else who I didn't mention (my apologies), I commend you all big-time. If you've just found me recently or even today, thanks for visiting as well.

Regarding this update, I want to stress that about 95% of New Chandler City, including what you see in this update, is grown by the game. The only places that I used "buildingplop" on that you'll see here are parts of Tamolitch's Addition and the McLeavy District. Despite all my commuters my sims like creating hell for themselves on surface streets than taking the highways though. In the Lafayette District area with all the housing projects, route query says I have about 5,000 people travelling east toward 5E on the highway, and about 7,000 on the avenue to the south of it. Pretty stupid. But I do have about 15,000 people taking public transportation in that area though, so that seems to be working okay Razz

Alright, with all of that business out of the way, here's to another 50 updates!
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50header

We ended at the entrance to Cameron State Route 8 on Burlesque Avenue from the previous update. We're going to head eastbound on Cameron State Route 8 toward National Road 5E.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic1

Merging onto the freeway now...
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic2

We'll now pass through a large interchange with NE 18th Avenue in the Sorianas District. This is a messy interchange, which looks something between a cloverleaf and a parclo, with other ramps to Civic Avenue in the middle of it all.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic3

A better view of it, coming toward the end of this mess. The signs in the top left corner reflect those on 18th Avenue (Typo by the way, it should be Céspedes City). The white is the edge of this city tile.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic4

We're coming toward the Jiquipilco District now and the 13th Avenue exit. The WinterDome indoor ski area, one of two of these on the continent, is visible; it has its own access ramp from the freeway.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic5

Exit 2b is 9th Avenue, a major thoroughfare through the Central Core, about 3 miles south of Highway 8.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic6

Exit 2a serves Ardea Avenue. This is a heavily traveled street serving a great deal of the Central Core crowd. Metro line 9 visibly passes above the highway here as well.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic7

We're now ascending over an overpass. We're in the middle lane.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic8

Passing the final exit before we merge down onto Highway 5E Southbound, the bisector of New Chandler City.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic9

Now heading down onto the empty freeway (this is only empty because I haven't worked on anything above it... there's going to be a lot of suburbs north of here, so the freeway is ready for it). The sign faces the downhill ramp and is mounted on the Cienfuegos Avenue overpass.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic10

We now take the next exit onto National Road 880 now. The sign at the top left reflects what you would've seen right before this exit, not visible here. On a side note, the interchange with 880 and 5E will be the first thing that will get gutted when the new RHW, which will hopefully make that a little more clean. That's why I'm not showing it now.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic11

We now pass under Imperial Avenue. North of the freeway, Imperial Avenue divides housing projects with part of the affluent Lafayette District.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic12

Now approaching what is probably the biggest traffic mess of our drive, the exit with Lafayette Avenue. Near the freeway, the Lafayette Avenue does not pose its regular height restrictions, and developers have "rose" to the occasion. The New Chandler Thunderbirds of the SBL play at the stadium at the bottom.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic13

Another major avenue is Don Carman Avenue, continuing to serve freeway access nearly a hundred thousand people in the housing projects.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic14

The other direction of freeway has an exit to Tamolitch's Addition, at the bottom right corner. Our direction has an onramp from the grounds of an industrial area and chemical plant. If your a tourist, you might want to keep driving (or stay on Metro Line 2 or 4) through Tamolitch's Addition; it's not a good part of town.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic15

We now go through the McLeavy District, approaching Don Berkeley Parkway. When New Chandler FC or the Natoinal Team plays at D'Egiralamo National Stadium, this exit is pandemonium for drivers. (yes, the grid is on...)
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic16

We now go through an interchange with National Road 817, a short freeway built to serve the Simlympic Complex when New Chandler City hosted in 2011.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic17

Coming out the other side now. Drivers can now see the Simlympic Stadium rising out of the trees, which marks the end of our drive.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic18

Ending the journey through New Chandler City is Exit 7, which drops us off at a national treasure of New Chandler, the Simlympic Stadium. Galanos nearly won the rights this summer, but couldn't make the cut; New Chandler City dreams of one day bringing new life to the now quiet Simlympic Park.
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup50pic19

Well that's 50 updates folks. My next update will show an overview of this on a region view (you'll see where we went in update 49 and 47 too, along with other location information). I'll be going in-depth of how I planned New Chandler City out, and what four cities inspired me to make each part like I did. I'll use real-world pictures next to pictures of New Chandler City so you can get the general idea easily.

Until then, leave a comment, follow the New Chandler journal, and stay tuned for what's coming in the future Smile Thanks for your support again.

280New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-21, 22:50

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow Mega Update!

Super Cute Smile

281New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-21, 22:57

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Woah Nice update! Whats that tall thing in the 5th pic? Razz

282New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-27, 23:21

K50  

K50
Admin
I'm glad you thought it was cute 30

And RM that's an indoor ski resort Smile

I said in the last entry that I'd be showing some real-life comparisons of New Chandler City and its real-world inspirations.....

...well, I accidentally deleted the region New Chandler City is in... so that's not going to happen Razz

The good news is that New Chandler City had its own region, so it was the only city that got wiped out. Rockaway, Galanos, Darlington City, San Clemente City, Lake Martinazzi, and Phoebe (the other NC III places so far) are okay because they share three or four separate regions between them. I'm not going to rebuild New Chandler City until the new NAM Team release is out but once that happens I'll rebuild it for the fourth time.

In the meantime, I'm starting on a banana republic-type island called Ankeny Atoll. I haven't done this kind of thing for a while, so tell me what you think at a first glance Smile
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncup51teaser

283New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-28, 00:54

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
"y u go wid da delete button!!"
Can I have a link to the Indoor Ski?

284New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-28, 03:07

K50  

K50
Admin
It's on Bripizza's site, here: http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/skitower/skitower.html

Explore his site. It's very well worth it. he IS my #1 favorite custom content creator and has been since I discovered the site.

285New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-28, 19:06

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Bananas! You accidentally removed New Chandler City! Razz

286New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-11-29, 01:31

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Thanks K50, Yes I agree great site!

287New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-01, 14:11

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Super updates, congratulations on reaching 50!

*stupid question here*

Can you... Can you not look in your recycle bin?

Or did you... did you delete it in-game?

288New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-01, 23:44

K50  

K50
Admin
Nope, I deleted it in-game. Once I realized that I did, I went straight to the recycle bin, and then the Regions folder, and it wasn't in either.

NC City's growth was kind of stagnant and my road network was to capacity so I don't really care that it got deleted, I actually laughed at how stupid I was to delete it when I did Razz

289New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-22, 18:26

K50  

K50
Admin
Not sure where I'm going to go with my CJ next.... I'm honestly bored with everything right now.

Until then, here's a mosaic from Rockaway to let you know I'm still alive...
New Chandler III - Page 12 Ncxmasmosaic

290New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-22, 18:49

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
Looks really nice! Sorry you're feeling uninspired, maybe try something completely new? Congrats on the award as well!

291New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-22, 20:56

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Nice lights! Bring back NC Razz

292New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-22, 22:08

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very nice! I don't understand how your bored with cities as nice as that Smile

293New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-23, 02:26

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks for the comments... Mayorm to answer your question, everything is starting to look the same. It's the same old Heblem, Kamencia, and Somy content with some skyscrapers thrown in a blocky street setup. It's all kind of boring. Plus (in Rockaway's case, that's what's above) it's all plopped, and there's no traffic. In New Chandler City's case (last update), it all kind of grew out of control and I got things I didn't intend, in an effort to get people using the RHW and the train system.

Anyway, I'm working on a new project now that is not like anything I've done in the past (isn't that a cliche... but it's true this time), and is more or less what I've always wanted to do with New Chandler since I started two and a half years ago. I'd probably say San Clemente City is the closest to what I'll end up doing, but even there, it's still going to be a big mix-up that I think I'll have a lot of fun with, and nothing remotely close to what I've previously done or tried to do.

Granted, it might take a while... but I do have Winter Break on my side right now Razz

294New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-23, 08:35

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
I'm very excited by what you're going to come up with, and hope it does inspire you, because your updates are lovely. I tried to persuade people onto my RHW before in Vittoria and it didn't end well.

I had similar problems with plopping, traffic and life in the earlier incarnation of Cattala and I know how depressing that can be. But now I've restarted with a clean canvas it's a whole lot better and it all works well for the moment. So I wish you the best of luck with this new New Chandler!

295New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-26, 21:37

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
I read through this, it is awesome! Smile

Can't wait to read more. Smile

296New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-27, 03:44

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks for all of your comments Smile

Here's about half of Doherty-East Pelham International Airport. This is subject to change and it already looks different from when you're seeing it. It's a pretty big panorama (4980x768) so it will probably take a while to load, even on the better connections, so I'm giving all of the forums a link to it instead of putting it in [ img ] tags.

I promise, I'll have the regular 1366x768 HD pictures in the [ img ] tags when Update 51 rolls around, so you don't have to suffer through this process again Razz

Click me!

297New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-27, 04:14

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Ooooh Very Nice! Good Airport Very Happy

298New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-27, 10:16

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
That's an amazing airport - I wouldn't know where to begin to make one, let alone a good one! One thing you may want to change is the bmi plane - that's now been taken over by British Airways, and the brand doesn't exist anymore. But that's just a tiny, tiny thing!

299New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-27, 10:26

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
Really Really Nice airport!!!!!

300New Chandler III - Page 12 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2012-12-27, 18:35

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Airports!

Very Nice Smile

Sponsored content