Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-04-06, 14:53

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
It's really nice that you've put a lot of detail into your cities while still using the grid layout. It seems to be a great use of space while still having that suburban feel. Nice work on the transportation as well. Very Happy

352New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-04-07, 21:30

K50  

K50
Admin
Blake wrote:It's really nice that you've put a lot of detail into your cities while still using the grid layout. It seems to be a great use of space while still having that suburban feel. Nice work on the transportation as well. Very Happy
Thanks Blake Smile

353New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-04-09, 00:38

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow, that's a very diverse layout! Very Happy

354New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-04-14, 03:05

K50  

K50
Admin
My last update was my most viewed update EVER in my many years of city journalism at Simtropolis, with over 1200 hits as I'm writing this one. And for the second time in a row, there's no teaser before the new update!

It's not as big as my previous update but it does have two mosaics so it might take a little while to load. As always thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy this update! I think it's going to be my last one for a while because I've FINALLY exhausted Murray City and Carla Vista of content to show in the journal Smile

New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56header

Oriental Heights, looking over Don Alvano Avenue.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic1

Foothills Parkway and Highway 19.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic3

New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic4

More of Foothills Parkway.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic2

A few onramps and offramps on the south side of Highway 19.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic5

Diagonal Avenue.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic6

The border between Oriental Heights of Murray City and East Doherty... the wealth difference between the two cities, one supporting commerce and one supporting industry, shows here.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic7

Highway 220, as it heads under the hills.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56pic8

Two mosaics for you here. The first one is a north to south one along the National Avenue and Bonanza Street Corridors (the two networks that cross Highway 19). You might recognize that metro station from Update 55 Wink
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup56mosaic1

The last one is an west to east one from Bocanegra Avenue through Downtown Murray City. The mosaic went sideways (hence that black corner) but it was pretty big already Razz Also, this nearly 6000-pixel tall mosaic is NOT EDITED except for the black corner and the text. What you see here is what is in my game:

#noedit for you instragamers out there Razz
New Chandler III - Page 15 Nc_up56mosaic2_by_k50-d61nr2q

You can see why I digitally tweak my images after seeing the dullness of that mosaic, but I thought it would be nice to kind of show you how it makes it better.

As always leave a comment, thanks for your time viewing guys... sorry about how long it took this to load with the mosaics Razz

355New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-04-14, 03:22

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Amazingly Long Mosiacs! Razz

356New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-05-22, 02:23

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks 30 Very Happy

The last update was over a month ago, and I've been working hard on developing the entire city tile to the west of Murray City. Now, there are three in a row (Carla Vista, Murray City, and this one). Once it's done I'll have content for at least three updates to power this journal into the summer, so that will be nice after being off for so long!

Until then, here's a little teaser. I know there is not a lot to see here except some mattb325 and maxis houses but hopefully you enjoy it anyway Smile
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57teaser

357New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-05-26, 03:52

K50  

K50
Admin
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57header

Here's a quick glimpse at the eastern part of the Doherty city proper. The previous two suburbs, Carla Vista and Murray City, were also to the east, but we are now in the city proper.

We'll start in the southwest and move toward the east from there. This is part of White Harbor, a small port on a river (rare, because Doherty is on a peninsula - most open out toward the sea).
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic1

Industrial area above White Harbor.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic2

Continuing upriver.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic3

There's some condos here...
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic4

St. Francis University is a small private college that is nestled between Highway 19, some giant mountains, and the river. Here are some new dorms, the hospital, and surrounding area.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic5

The stadium and the west end of campus.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic6

And the east end...
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic7

Here's another baseball stadium across the river, in an industrial area. This is directly across the river from White Harbor.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic8

Over a mountain range now (there's a lot in the Doherty area if you haven't noticed Razz) to the Foothills Shopping Center.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic9

The North Foothills District. This road is brutal during the evening rush hour, as Highway 19 only has partial interchanges through here. As a result, most who take the freeway in the morning take the road you see here at night (there's no rush hour going on right now though).
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic10

National Highway 19
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic12

And it's interchange with Highway 701.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic13

Upper St. Clair District, an affluent and dense area of town.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic11

Central St. Clair District. Metro Line 3 runs through here.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic14

Most of Central St. Clair is off-the-grid and dense - it's the densest area of Doherty outside of the CBD that is not on the coast.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic15

And finally, South St. Clair District.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup57pic16

That's all for now, if you enjoyed this update or have a question, leave a comment, and I'll reply to you as always! Thank you for taking time to visit my journal!

358New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-05-27, 14:45

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
It's so beautiful! In every scene the buildings have been grown perfectly. Superb.
I love that glass tower in the last picture a lot, do you happen to know where I could find it? Smile

359New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-05-27, 16:39

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
I really love you cities! Where did you get most of your plugins? Smile

360New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-05-28, 23:29

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Looks awesome! Your updates are always something to look forward to. Very Happy

http://simopsis.com

361New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-05-30, 23:18

forthwall  

forthwall
Visitor
Visitor
Excellent coasts, I especially like the tone of the second image. The color with the greens makes it pop!

362New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-06-02, 19:47

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow all your latest updates have been fantastic! Very Happy Great RHW work I must add!

363New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-06-06, 05:43

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Another great update K50! Razz

364New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-06-12, 19:54

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
Awesome update K50! Very Happy

365New Chandler III - Page 15 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-06-13, 02:33

K50  

K50
Admin
Some really late replies first of all Razz
thomas: Thank you very much my friend! That building I think is called "resort hotel" or something - I am pretty sure it is on Simtropolis or CapitalSimCities, but I really have no idea, sorry!
Ceafus 88: Thanks for the praise! I get my plugins from all over the place - all of the big name sites, plus a plethora of other smaller ones that would take me at least an hour to list here. If you have specific questions about a building though I might be able to answer about where I got it... but I don't remember all of them (as in thomas's case)
SimLink: I'm glad you think so, thank you!
forthwall: Thank you forth, glad you liked that one!
mayorm: Thank's boss, glad you liked the RHW Smile
Republicmaster: I'm glad you thought so, thanks man!
Ceafus 88: It was so good you had to comment twice! Thanks! Razz

New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58banner

It's been a while since we've driven around a city in New Chandler. Let's get on Highway 19 at Athens Avenue eastbound, toward Murray City. (we will be driving from the right of your screen to the left)
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic1

Going under Laurelhusrt Park Avenue here. A Doherty Metro line goes by here too.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic2

Knott Street was frequently traveled last week as St. Francis University hosted some Simlympic quailfying matches. You saw the college on the last update.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic3

We cross the river now and go over a large hill and back down again. On the way down one can see the dense Central St. Clair District.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic4

New Chandler City Avenue crosses over at a gnarly turn in the freeway. This exit often gets jammed because it is the only access to Highway 420 coming from the west like we are... on top of having to deal with the already bad traffic in St. Clair. Plus the name confuses plenty of people because New Chandler City is across the entire nation, several thousand miles away.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic5

The eastbound freeway has an offramp onto 23rd Street here.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic6

A partial interchange-esque exit onto Golconda Avenue. This road goes alongside the freeway all the way through Murray City, almost to Carla Vista, several miles away.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic7

The freeway turns again here back in the due east direction. Part of the interchange the westbound direction has with Highway 420 is visible at the bottom here. Instead, we hit Clatsop Street, the third exit going to relatively the same place in a row Razz
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic8

Two more two-lane streets are serviced here. Golconda Avenue is at the top right corner here, and Bocanegra Avenue (where we started the metro line a few update back) crosses over the freeway.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic9

One of the most heavily traversed (and crime-ridden) arteries of the Doherty Metro area, National Avenue, is serviced by this giant exit. The detailed sign, especially in regard to the Doherty - East Pelham International Airport, can pass by drivers pretty quickly.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic10

The National Avenue onramp also has it's own access to the Bonanza Street Viaduct, which crosses over Golconda Avenue and proceeds diagonally toward Murray City (this was also a metro station - the metro line is about six blocks to the south - it won't be seen in this update).
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic11

Holland Street, the last simple exit before things get unbelievably complicated.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic12

Murray Avenue, the old way into Murray City before Highway 220 was integrated, has an exit... right before Highway 220. This is where we're going to have a pause on our drive.
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58pic13

And now you can vote! Please do vote! There's two ugly arrows on that above image, and they correlate to the colors you see on this below... the next update will be another driving one, the question is, where do you want to go? Do you want to go to Carla Vista and into the outskirts of San Clemente City, or take the exit and whiz by Murray City into the mountains toward Sapphire Bay and the DEP Airport?
New Chandler III - Page 15 Ncup58picvote

Also, the next update will have a region view of Doherty... so far :)Until then, vote, comment, and I'll get back to you all soon! As always I couldn't thank you all enough for the support you give!

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum