Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-28, 12:23

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Blue agave? Razz

http://simopsis.com

327New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-28, 17:10

K50  

K50
Admin
30: I wouldn't say Californian (just because it has "San" in front of it doesn't mean anything Razz)
RM: You might be thinking too literally, but you're on the right track.
SL: ...wut? Razz

328New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-28, 17:36

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!

329New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-28, 18:09

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
K50 wrote:
SL: ...wut? Razz

It makes tequila. Razz
Though obviously that isn't it... wonder what it could be. Razz

330New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-28, 18:20

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
lol I am stuck Razz

331New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-28, 20:57

K50  

K50
Admin
Oh yes, I almost forgot, that lake is filled with tequilla (that is magically blue)....

Party! Razz

332New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-29, 00:57

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Yay let's party! (Then I flame the Mojito Lake Razz)

LOL K50 Razz

333New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-01-29, 14:26

Halen of Denmarke  

Halen of Denmarke
Passerby
Passerby
Skimbo wrote:I fully agree with mayorm but want to add some things:

Mattb325's houses look best if there are no houses of other creators and Maxis between them, try it Wink

And the secound thing I want to add is that I like your idea with the ISC.

You bring up a good point. Not everything goes in hand like bread and butter (even in videogames). It looks nice thought regardless, it has it's own unique style that is interesting but it's not's everybody's cup of tea! Great updates man. I really looking forward to the next update of this CJ!!

May the force be with you! Starwars

334New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-02-14, 22:39

K50  

K50
Admin
Yes! I'm still alive!

This update should've been ready a month ago, but you all know how it is. This is my first small town in a while so hopefully you enjoy Smile

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53header

San Urbano is the name of a town surrounding what is probably the largest oasis in the Nahazzan Desert, a massive dusty plain going across the north of the country, and extending far north beyond that. Saint Pope Urban is the namesake of this town; his life is mysterious, similar to the life of the oasis that the town depends on.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53mosaic

The Old Town, as well as the town lawn and church.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic1

The high school and athletics complex are to the south of the Old Town.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic3

Outside are many agricultural areas, utilizing the water of the large oasis.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic2

New developments to the south of the oasis.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic4

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic5

New Chandlerites have always lived in dense areas, new apartments and condos spring up with oasis and desert dune views, even though San Urbano is a small town.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic6

Congestion on the main road.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic7

A glimpse of the lake.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic8

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic9

More farms, and National Highway 1, a new and expensive road that connects all the way back to the people in New Chandler City who planned it halfway across the country.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic10

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic11

Night shots. Not my forte by any means, but hopefully you enjoy them anyway!
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic12

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic13

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic14

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup53pic15

Hopefully you enjoyed this update! Sorry I've been out so long, but until next time, leave a comment and tell me what you thought Smile

335New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-02-14, 23:11

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Very Nice, I like it Very Happy

336New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-02-19, 01:59

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks RM Smile

337New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-02-19, 02:09

Greg24  

Passerby
Passerby
one of the best regions since I seen so Far I ever seen very nice story line too it also .... again very nice indeed

338New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-06, 18:23

Logginin  

Visitor
Visitor
Great city indeed, I enjoyed the scenes and the environement very much Very Happy

339New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-11, 00:12

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Fanceh cities. The RL bug has bitten me recently too. It's been almost a month since the last "full" update I've published. Razz Looking good, K50! Smile

340New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-11, 00:17

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks for the belated comments Very Happy

341New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-26, 14:33

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks for all of you who left feedback on the San Urbano update. It was very different than what I'm known for being good at, the tropical theme, and some of you pointed that out, so we're going back to more tropical urban goodness in the next update.

Speaking of that tropical theme, I've had the goal of obtaining the "Best Tropical CJ" since Dream of a Summer Holiday won the inaugural award in that category two years ago. I finally got it this year after being runner-up the last, so I'd like to thank all of you who nominated New Chandler and who have left feedback the past year. I very strongly appreciate it Smile

I haven't posted a full update in over a month but I'm hoping to whip one out this week. I'm working on a new city, another suburb of Doherty. Here's the first look at it...
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54teaser

342New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-26, 14:37

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Congrats on the trixie, couldn't have thought a more tropical (and more deserving CJ!) for the award. Smile Heck, part of the description in the awards ceremony was my reason for nominating you. Razz This teaser looks awesome, love the different types of buildings you have in there. Smile

343New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-26, 14:38

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
The detail and diversity looks really nice. I like the great use of space, while still allowing room for flora. Very Happy

344New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-26, 15:25

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Ooh Nice Teaser K50! Razz

345New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-27, 00:40

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
That's a really nice teaser Razz

346New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-27, 22:25

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks to all of you guys Very Happy

I've got a lot done with Murray City, my latest project. It's nestled between Carla Vista (update 52) and the Doherty City Proper, which will probably be my next projcet. Honestly, I've got enough for probably three updates (one freeway update, one transit update, and one regular one like this), which will be enough to keep this journal active for most of the next month.

This city (except the downtown) is inspired by the Buckman and Hosford-Abernathy Districts of Portland. I'm shooting for a lot of concrete and mass transit usage while keeping it relatively green with a mix of residential and commercial. Those areas are also close to the city center like Murray City is.

With that said I hope you enjoy this VERY tardy update Smile
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54header

This is Murray City. A lot of concrete and a lot of houses. (edit: no idea what the deal is with the elevated rail, it'll be fixed ASAP)
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic1

Highway 19.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic2

Zaragoza Avenue.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic3

Martinias Circle.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic4

Continuing down Martinias Avenue...
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic5

Bocanegra District.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic6

The Grosvenor Park District separates Downtown Murray City from the rest.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic12

Downtown Murray City, for a suburb of a bigger city, boasts a very impressive commerce base.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic7

The north end of Downtown, near Highway 19's interchange with Highway 240.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic8

The south end, along Highway 240 (there's actually a lot of traffic here according to the route query, not sure why it's so dead right now Razz)
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic11

I'll end with Bonanza Heights; Highway 240 goes straight under the homes here (supposed to be like the Vista Ridge Tunnel; Doherty's craggy terrain will present a lot of these)
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic9

And one of Murray High School.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup54pic10

Thanks for viewing! I'm not sure whether or not I'll do an update along the freeway or the metro line next, if you have an opinion let me know. I'm grateful for all of your comments so leave one, thanks for the support as always Smile

347New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-28, 00:50

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
boy you gotta have 1 big plug ins folder- love what I'm seeing but man- never ending plug ins

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

348New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-28, 22:51

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Amazing!

Some automata problem maybe? Razz

349New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-03-29, 23:22

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Lovin' those burbs K50! Very Happy

350New Chandler III - Page 14 Empty Re: New Chandler III 2013-04-06, 05:18

K50  

K50
Admin
Thanks you guys Smile Titanic: It's pretty big if I say so myself Razz

Thanks for all of the great remarks on my last update! For the first time in God knows how long, I'm posting a new update without a teaser first! It's a transit update, and it covers three large city tiles! I don't have a transit map yet (the bus lines in Carla Vista's hill-based street layout aren't playing nice) but I will release one with Update 56, which might come sooner than you think Smile

Until then, enjoy Update 55 from Carla Vista and Murray City!

New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55header

The Doherty Metro Line 3 connects San Clemente City to the Doherty City Center, with a spur (Line 3A, you'll be on that later) connecting Carla Vista to the Doherty-East Pelham International Airport. We'll start on the outskirts of Murray City at Bocanegra Station. You'll notice the red ENG on the side: This means English. On some Doherty Metro publications and signs, a blue ESP is shown, proving it to be Spanish. This will make more sense when maps are released because it really doesn't now Razz
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic1

Next is the Martinias Transit Center, nearby private Catholic high school Notre Dame Prep. A few bus lines meet up here.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic2

Proceeding on to National Avenue, a road synonymous with low-income "sketchy" shops. Be careful here at night.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic3

In the Bonanza District now, right before the metro goes underground through Murray City's financial district. This is the site of a rare park-and-ride garage.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic4

Not much farther down the line, underground, is Grosvenor Park Station, an area with midrise condo towers separating the financial district of Murray City and the western suburbs.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic5

Crown Plaza, in the middle of Murray City, allows a connection to the 5 line. It's faster to get to the airport via the 5 line, but we're on a tour of Carla Vista too, so we'll stay on the 3.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic6

The metro cuts north a little bit to Santa Clara Avenue's meeting with Highway 220 here. This is a popular bus stop.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic7

Going a block south to hit a station on Diagonal Avenue, in east Murray City.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic8

A large transit station is on Don Alvano Avenue's meeting with Santa Clara Avenue at Foothills Transit Center. A plethora of bus lines go through here.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic9

A vibrant hillside neighborhood on the far west stretches of the city of Carla Vista, Trimalchio District is served by a station bearing the name.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic10

Going over the hill now, and dropping down to Corita Avenue, Masterson Street, and Santa Clara Avenue's meeting. If you're waiting for a red left turn arrow here, you won't have a good time Razz
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic11

Underground now under the typical Carla Vista Hill. Escondido Circus allows metro access with a connection to bus line 41, serving a tremendous population of northwest Carla Vista.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic12

At the bottom of the hill is Crown Point Road. This station also is a major bus stop as well, on top of being a block from a freeway junction.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic13

Beistegui Valley is two blocks north of the Beistegui Circus (traffic circles on the bottom, beneath the sign), the north end of the famous Beistegui Avenue shopping strip.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic14

Downtown Carla Vista appears just over the next small rolling hill. We're switching lines here to the 3A, connecting San Clemente City to the DEP Airport without having to backtrack through all of those Carla Vista and east Murray City stations to the 5 line.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic15

Down Carla Vista Avenue's first big hill is Carla Vista Cove... forgot to put that red circle around the station, my bad.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic16

Over the next hill is Bridgeview, a relatively run-down neighborhood.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic17

And over the next few hills, at the mouth of the Carla Vista River, is Doherty-East Pelham (DEP) Airport. Our line terminates here and this will end our ride.
New Chandler III - Page 14 Ncup55pic18

As I said at the top a map will be done in time. Until then, leave your comments, I'll reply as always, and I'll see you next time! Thanks for riding in New Chandler today Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum