Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-02-19, 09:14

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
congrats

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

77MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-02-19, 16:34

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
About the image, normally K50 would have done that (he's the SSS image editor) but he hasn't been here for some time, so me and Cheeseguy worked on it together to fill in this month. Cheeseguy did most of the cool stuff, though.

About the guitars, I thought the stratocaster was a good fit because just about every guitarist knows about it. I personally play one and I love it. I generally prefer fender guitars because they have the single coil pickups. I like the sharp cutting sound of them better, but then again, in music, it isn't as wide of a sound, even through a bunch of amps. With me, that doesn't really matter as much. I tend to make it sound like there are two guitars with neat tricks anyway, so that helps to fill up my music a little more. I'm not really a very good guitarist, though.

Anyway, congratulations! It's a well deserved MOTM.

78MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-02-19, 17:17

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
I'm not picky, its a great award to recieve, which I still find hard to believe I got. Its all about style preference. I wish I'd gotten that Xplorer with the kill switch whitch would've sounded pretty cool. I'm not that good really either, sounds like your better than me.

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

79MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-01, 18:13

SSS  

SSS
Head of the SSS status
Guitarmansuperstar: It's always suprising to recieve an award like that. Very Happy Congrats again!

BTW we REALLY need nominations for the February 2011 MOTMs. None have come yet and it's already March, so please send them in! We really need them.

Remember, send them in to to the SSS account. Don't forget to say why you've nominated them, too. Smile (It's not a requirement, but we really appreciate it when people take the time to do that sort of thing. When they do, we usually include the reasons in the announement of the MOTM results, so it really does matter and we won't put good reasons to waste. )

Also, I want to give people a little heads up about this. I (blakesterville) probably wont be doing too many more MOTMs after this one. I've already told Mayorm about this in detail so he already knows. Replacements for the position will be decided soon. Please do not ask for the position, however. Whoever we feel fits best for the position will get it. I'll tell you more on this matter later on. Anyway, please send in nominations! We really do need them!

Thank you,
-SSS

80MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-15, 17:37

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I wanted to let you guys know that due to a lack of nominations the February 2011 MOTMs are being extended into the March 2011 MOTMs. We're already half way through the month so I feel it's the best way to do it. If we were to do an MOTM this month for February we would need another one in half a month so I think we need to catch up there. Please send in nominations, though. We still have none.

Also, this will likely be my last MOTM here. After that someone else will take over on MOTMs and the SSS. I just started talking with Mayorm about it recently. As already mentioned, please don't ask for the position. We will pick whom we feel is best for the position.

-blakesterville

81MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-25, 16:42

K50  

K50
Admin
Congratulations!

MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 582540a8

82MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-25, 16:50

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
Congratulations wacky, when I won mine I thought, If I deserve one, so does wacky, congrats dude Smile

83MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-25, 22:10

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Thanks man! Very Happy

84MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-26, 01:32

K50  

K50
Admin
not man, it's "people who nominated me" Razz

But congratulations!

85MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-26, 01:49

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
congrats wacky Smile

86MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-26, 16:21

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
It's a very well deserved award. Smile Congratulations!

87MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-26, 19:49

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Thanks guys for nominating me! Very Happy
(Better? Razz)

88MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-27, 15:34

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
Congratulations Wacky! Very Happy

89MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-27, 16:48

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Way to go Wacky! You deserve it cheers

I really need to look at your leagues and see how my teams are doing... Neutral

90MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-03-27, 17:13

SSS  

SSS
Head of the SSS status
Also folks make sure to send in nominations for next month Smile It's pretty simple, just click that fancy "mp" button below the SSS profile information and type in a name Razz

91MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-06, 10:46

SSS  

SSS
Head of the SSS status
I didn't really advertise much for the previous MOTM, since I didn't get any nominations Razz But for May, send in some names please Smile

92MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-06, 21:26

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I sent mine in to the SSS account.

Also, I forgot to announce it to everyone, but K50 has taken over the SSS account, although he won't re-establish the SSS until July 2nd. Just wanted to go ahead and clear that up for everyone. Smile Also, nice job on the avatar there K50. Smile

93MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-06, 21:31

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
Things seem pretty slow round these parts recently it seems :\

94MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-06, 21:39

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
@guitarman: That's part of why Mayorm and I felt it to be a good idea to close the SSS down for a few months. It's been inactive, and the community needs to see a break from it. Not to mention I had brought problems into it (I did things inefficiently), some of the members were inactive, etc... and I think it's better to suppress it to give K50 a chance to truly do the SSS his way instead of having to rebuild it over my model. Mayorm is a genius for bringing that up from the beginning.

95MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-06, 21:41

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
I wasn't specifically talking the sss, more the site itself, with k50's first post this page.

96MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-06, 22:09

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
The site can pick back up. All that has to happen is for people to start more threads or post on every other forum game. I've seen that happen before. Smile

97MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-05-15, 14:19

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
First: I love the new SSS avatar. Much better than the original one I had made Smile
Second: this an obvious opinion, but I believe the site's activity will pick up after people get through final exams and things.

98MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-07-02, 13:49

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
This thread has been moved back to the SSS board. (It was moved to the SImmania News board when the SSS board went down. The SSS is now officially back, so the thread is moving with it. )

-blakesterville

99MOTM Winners! [old thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: MOTM Winners! [old thread] 2011-07-02, 15:07

K50  

K50
Admin
And by the way, we are accepting nominations for this year's MOTM. Send your nominations to the e-mail (k50dudeSC4@gmail.com) or PM me. Don't PM the SSS account, I won't be using it Razz

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum