Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-19, 12:05

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
I like the stadium and the Bass Pro Shops! Thumbs Up

77Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-23, 18:51

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Skimbo- Thank you. Yes but more skyscrapers replaced those homes after I took the picture.
Wacky32- Yes I found the Bass Pro Shop unique so I downloaded it off the STEX and plopped it in.

News Update:

Here is a news article for you to read.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Newspaper5

78Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-23, 18:55

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
I see you won your election. YAY!! cheers

79Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-23, 23:54

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
That is some heat wave!

Very nice paper. Smile

80Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-24, 07:12

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Oops, a heatwave. As long as people can stay at the promenade and do not have to fight for a place in a community pool.....

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

81Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-24, 19:10

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Ha, it's about that hot here too.

82Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-05, 00:16

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Wacky32- Yes I did Very Happy
dcmetro2834- Yes, I got the idea for the article since it has been really hot across the eastern US and now St. Louis.
Skimbo- LOL yes, those crazy are always killing each other to get into the pool.

Update 17- Urban Upcomings:

Today we are looking into a couple upcoming areas around the Quad Cities.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 AppleGrove-Apr24911280962701

A lot has changed since we last took a look at what used to be the small quiet community of Apple Grrove. Still a holding to its many agricultural areas, the town is expanding rapidly. With over 4,000 residents, Apple Grove has been forced to change its police force which used to cover the town on foot, to add brand new police cars.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 AppleGrove-Jun9911280963247
Picture of the Apple Grove Railroad Station, and downtown.

Apple Grove's downtown has expanded and grown, and is now planning to build a new parking garage for its railroad station. Amtrak's regional service which takes passengers to other stations in the metro area now runs seven trains to Apple Grove.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 AppleGrove-Dec15701280956050

The Quad County Fair now comes to the Apple Grove area, with the completion of the County Fairgrounds. And the local farmers have finally been able to set up a farmers market in downtown Apple Grove

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 AppleGrove-May4911280962736
Picture of the downtown farmers market.

Moving 20 miles west of Apple Grove further into the farm country, is a town of 500 people known as Crawville. Crawville is another town at the point what Apple Grove looked like a few years ago. Crawville sits along the same east west rail line that runs through Apple Grove, it is the terminus for Amtrak Regional Rail, having a small passenger station, only 2 trains make the trip to Crawville during both morning and afternoon rushour.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Crawville-Nov14041280963474
[/i]A picture of Crawville's Main St. and railroad station.[/i]

Next we visit two areas closer to the hustle and bustle of New Chatham. First we visit the newly formed Saint District in New Chatham.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 NewChatham-Aug193841280792406
Picture of apartments in the Saint District.

Filled with tall apartments, many well over 100 stories, this area is named for the many churches that can be found in the district. This is also the worst area for traffic, with the two local QCTA lines running thousands of trains a day to this area a lone and a highway that is a parking lot at rush hour.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 NewChatham-Aug253841280792440

The Saint District Strip is full of many offices and resturants and other entertainment amenities.

Next we are heading over to the suburb of Fern Woods. Fern Woods is a storied community of middle and upper class citizens. It is home to the SLB AAA level club the Fern Woods Flyers.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 FernWoods-Mar14301280964684
A neighborhood in Fern Woods, Fern Woods Volenteer Fire Department can be seen in the picture.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 FernWoods-Mar19301280964709
Fern Woods Community Stadium home of the Fern Woods Flyers.

more soon please comment
Also some news I have completely filled the New Chatham City tile so I will now begin working on the third main city in the Quad Cities region.

Last edited by mayorm on 2010-08-08, 00:32; edited 1 time in total

83Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-05, 06:47

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Nice. Very nice.

The only thing that disturbes me a bit is the passenger rail line: no electrification.

I know that this isn't so common in us.

84Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-05, 12:14

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
I like the stadium! Very Happy

85Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-08, 00:26

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Skimbo- Thank you. It isn't electrified because it is a regular railroad line that uses diesel engines.
Wacky32- Thanks, it is the risemdale park stadium by scba I found it on the STEX.

Update 18- QCTA Improvements:

Today we will look at some of the things that the QCTA (Quad Cities Transportation Authority) is improving.

First commuters that ride the Haven Line can expect delays around the North District Station, the portion of the line is being rebuilt as a subway. Buses will run passengers around the contruction starting August 17.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 NewChatham-Oct193991281028910
The Haven Line portion shown here will be rebuilt as a subway.

Other projects include redesigning the Stations in the Nyhaven District. Subway Stations in the Nyhaven Station will be designed to look like the following picture.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 399520955_037c1ae176
Plans for Nyhaven District subway stations.

All elevated rail stations in the Nyhaven District will be redsigned to look modern and will have more shelters on the platform. Currently they are the standard blue metal roof stations.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 NewChatham-Jul73991281028723
Current Nyhaven District Elevated Rail Stations.

The new designs will be a slightly modified version of the stations in the real Nyhaven metro area. They will have new gray metal roofs and all new elevators, and escalators.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Skidmore,+Owings+and+Merrill+Metra+Station+Chicago
New design will be more like the stations in Nyhaven.

The Industrial interchange will be redesigned as well. It is an old run down open subway station where the New Chatham Industrial Line interchanges with the Matson/ Dardenell Connector. It is located in high crime area so Graffitte is a big problem, it is also overused which has made it delapdated. It will be redone, it will include a Quad County PD branch inside to help cut the graffitti problem.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 NewChatham-Feb143991281028307
Current view of the interchange station.

A preview of the new design is shown below:

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 2009483659

QCTA is also contructing the rest of the Waterfront Line.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Parapet-forms-001-wm

more soon, please comment

86Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-08, 00:38

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Love the trains! Very Happy

87Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-08, 06:59

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
hey Majorm

Sorry I havent commented in your city thread here for awhile..
Im at the peak of my work season and doing a lot in the community right now..
So time for me to catch up a bit here..

as Whacky commented before me , i really love the trains and transit.
But I also feel you have a good balance with the other city aspects as well.
I love the area especially where you have a triple overpass set up
(el train, road , rail). That looks quite nice there Surprised

88Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-17, 18:17

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Wacky32- Thanks for your comment
bben- No problem, And thank you for commenting, and as to the overpasses the Elevated rail overpas is going to be put into a subway.

Update 19- Renoir:

Today we are gonna look at the third main city of the four Quad Cities. Renior is currently around 150,000 people, it is mainly English speaking, but their is some Itailian influence.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Jan5321281642640
A picture of the West Banks district.

This area of the city is run down, but being slowly rebuilt with nicer apartments and condos. Known to residents as the West Banks District it is home to many Itailian immigrants who came over when Italy got involved in WWI. It is called the west banks because it is on the western banks of the River Renior.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Sep10391281646262
Some newer and nicer buildings in the West Banks.

Most people either work Downtown Renior or commute to New Chatham or its surrounding suburbs.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Apr9321281642947
A picture of downtown Renoir.

As you can see downtown is still recovering from a small recession that happened a few years ago. But most of the abandoned buildings have been re built or renovated.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Aug7731282005896
The University City area is a nice area full of many rich buildings.

The Renior University is a great engineering institution in the area. It also offers many degrees in business, finance and health care.

more soon please comment

Last edited by mayorm on 2011-01-24, 19:40; edited 2 times in total

89Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-08-17, 18:41

K50  

K50
Admin
The island looks sweet, nice job Smile

90Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-09-05, 19:18

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

K50 Dude- Thanks, however that isn't an island it is basically a large point where two rivers come together. I'll show an overview of the area to clarify it further.

News Update:

While I work on Renior here is a news update.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Newspaper7

91Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-09-09, 15:17

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
Wow..! Great news website! The city looks great!

92Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-09-21, 19:24

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Sorry for the delay between updates, with school and hockey being a major part of my life I haven't found time for SC4 much lately Crying or Very sad but rest assured I will find time!

93Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-09-22, 11:37

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Mayorm, I always love your work w/modifying the newspaper articles, and of course the city looks awesome too Very Happy

94Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-09-26, 17:53

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Samerton- Thank you, I tried to get a realistic look for the newspaper, so I'm glad you like it.
brenn21- Thank you, and where would I be without your use of RHW.

Update 20- Areas Around Renior:

Today we will be taking a look at more pictures from around Renior. Hopefully I'll have Renior to the point where I can actually explain some areas in more detail.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Mar27801285186481
Downtown Renior is on that little Peninsula.

First we will start with an overview of Downtown Renior, as you can see downtown is situated on a peninsula where the Chatham River (left on the picture) joins with a tributary known as the Francois River, which is named after Renior's founder Francois Renior. You can also see two sports venues in the picture, in downtown you can see the Rose Stadium, which is home to the Renior Rockers baseball club. On the East Banks you can see the Renior University Arena home to Renior U basketball, and hockey.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Jul21961285528479
Mcknight Park provides great relaxation and fun for many Renior citizens.

Mcknight Park is a small peice of land with a great amount of fun. It boasts some baseball and soccer fields, many picnic areas, basketball courts and areas to walk around and enjoy the fresh air. It also is where the Renior Memorial Zoo is located.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Oct17961285528750
Townsend Community Country Club.

Just blocks away from Mcknight Park is the Townsend Community Country Club. If your rich enough to pay the hundreds of dollars in fees every month, this is a great place to relax, have a drink, play a game of golf, play tennis or swim in the pool. The club has over a thousand members.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-Jan221031285530070
The Frederickson Comunity Center.

If you don't want to pay hundreds of dollars in membership fees for the country club, then why not pay $30 a month for membership to the community Center. Members here have tennis, basketball, swimming, an excersise room, and even an Ice rink. Although the Ice rink is open to the public as well.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Renoir-May15791285185540
A picture of part of the East Banks District.

The East Banks district is an area of apartments and condos near Renior University. The area is being restored as many people decided to leave the area when the University was established a few years ago, which left many buildings dilapidated. but now some old condos have been fixed up and turned into dorms, and more rich apartments are being built and renovated.

More soon please comment

95Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-09-26, 18:02

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
The first pc is nice, I also like the park on the second one.

but the golf course.... they can play pitch&putt there, but not golf....

96Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-10-01, 16:46

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:
Skimbo- Thank you.

Update 21- Hockey is back in Town!:

Today we will look at the top hockey league in the Quad Cities.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Newspaper8

History:
For those who don't know about the ICHA (Intercollegiant Hockey Association) it is the premire hockey league in the Quad Cities. Before the 1980s hockey was thriving in the region with the reigning hockey league being the QCJHL (Quad Cities Junior Hockey League) it was a major junior hockey league similar to what Canada has. In the 1980s however the QCJHL lost its teams in Port Charlotte, New Chatham, Renior, and Kane River, which happened to be its four strongest teams.After the loss of those four the league lost its fan base and with more players going to play hockey in a newly formed college league, the QCJHL folded. Leaving the referees without a job, they became the referees for the new QCCHA (Quad Cities College Hockey Association) wich consisted of four teams, Port Charlotte University, Hanes State, New Chatham Tech, and Georges Brown College. Through out the 90sa the league expanded to include eight teams and in 2004 was renamed the ICHA.

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 ICHATeams
All 12 team logos and the divisions.

more soon please comment

97Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-10-01, 17:50

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Nice idea with the hockey leaque Smile

98Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-10-05, 19:59

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Skimbo- Thanks, I love hockey so I try to incorporate it as much as possible into my CJs along with other sports.

News Update:

here is some news for you

Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Newspaper9

99Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-10-25, 23:16

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Ok I'm going to take a poll here: What would you like to see in the next update?
A. take a drive through the region
B. ride the QCTA
C. Show more Renior
D. I don't care

please vote, and comments on the last update are always aprreciated Smile

100Quad Cities Region - Page 4 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-10-26, 00:43

K50  

K50
Admin
city journal suggestion - the most popular entries are transit based. (ask skimbo)

I vote B

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum