Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-18, 14:07

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
for the first time that you use RHW its good,but it gets better when you have more experience,but its a great start Smile

52Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-18, 14:11

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Nice pics Very Happy

53Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-18, 17:48

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Nice work on the RHW, looks great! Very Happy

54Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-21, 16:45

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

reaper88: Thanks, I'm glad it looks good. I tried to make simple layouts for the exits.
Wacky32: Thank you, I try to find the best areas of my city to show.
dcmetro2834: Thank you, I spent a lot of time on the RHW, probably if hadn't used RHW I would have had two suburbs to show.

Update 12- Tourism Takes Over

As part of urban renewal projects, and with influence from thee increase in tourism, Port Charlotte has recently completed its latest upgrades. Today we will visit Port Charlotte and see thier latest urban renew

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Jan162161276901605
Picture of what was left of the Port District.

The industrial area around the port has been shrinking over the years giving way to medium wealth commercial. The port has also been shrinking becoming less and less active, with industries using rail, trucks, and planes to ship thier products. As a part of urban renewal the city of Port Charlotte decided it was time to push out the industrial area in the Port District, and demolish the old port, and docks. And with an increase in tourism and local environmentalists who were tired of seeing the waters black (look at picture above the city finally started buying the land.

After the land was bought up, all of the land was cleared except for some small warehouses, that were converted into a shoping plaza. Even roads, and the local QCTA metro rail line were demolished.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Nov32161277068560
Picture of the cleared land.

The land sat empty, for months except for a little part of the QCTA line, and Harbor Blvd. The water around the old industrial area was pumped clean and boaters started to use it. Eventually in April the land was sold by the city to an unknown developer, and the land was zoned to be medium wealth commercial and residential. Now the project has been completed. The area is still called th Port District, but local residents of the apartments and condos like to call it Port Point.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Mar32281277072768
Picture of some of the Apartments and Condos along the water.

Harbor Blvd. has been renamed Port Point Blvd. and was reconfigured to have the QCTA Water line to run down the middle like a street car line. Developers left a small part of the old rail line that served the port (seen in above) and an old steam engine is to be placed on that section of track. The developers also built a new habor and small boardwalk where the port, and docks used to be.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Mar122281277072799
The new boardwalk, with condos and hotels overlooking it on the bluffs.

The boardwalk also doubles as a marina used by local fishermen who use the docks, a new ferry stop was also built. Condos in the Port Point area range from around 700k to 1.3 million dollars. The developers also converted the old Shipping records, and Port Operations Building into a museum. Named appropriately the Museum of Shipping and Oceanography.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Aug152231277072070
Picture of the museum which sits right on the edge of the bluffs.

More soon please comment
Comments and criticism welcome Exclamation

55Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-21, 16:56

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
nice pics and i wanted to say that simple layouts for RHW can look great too
i'd like to see more RHW in the future Very Happy

56Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-23, 00:36

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Reaper88- Thank you, I try to take the best pictures I can get. And I'm sure you will be seeing more RHW soon Wink

Update 12 continued

while I work on update 13, I think that it is a good time to show some more of the waterfront area. Which has been redesigned (after only 12 hours) it now includes a few more waterfront downloads which I will point out in these pics.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Oct42321277260090
a current overview of the waterfront.

Now let me describe a couplee new attractions, and ammenities. A new Fire Station has been built, it has two trucks and 3 boats, the ferry terminal has been moved and redesigned, and some shops have been rebuilt and made into Seaside Sam's Seafood Resturant. All the locations are shown below in the exact same overview: I have labled the buildings for your convience.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Waterfrontwithlabels
Labeled buildings new to the waterfront.

Now I will show a close up picture of the Ferry Terminal, (apparently because I took this pic instead of the fire station)

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Dec302301277255965
Picture of the ferry terminal, with a display of the next ferry time.

The ferry terminal is now next to the Fisherman's Warf, on the left. And on the right is a new shop (on floor 1) that sells Port Charlotte Sports jerseys, and other fan gear. And on the second and third floors are the rental office for the shops along the boardwalk.

Plans for the waterfront include a new Fishing pier, and more shops are to be added. Also I will have a new overview of the region soon.

more soon please comment.
Comments/ criticism welcome

57Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-23, 00:39

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
i really enjoy the water front areas a lot..

in fact it may be my favorite aspect..

This is nicely done..

it reminds me really i should do more with my own

waterfronts.. as many of my cities do have them..to develope

on.. thanks a lot for the nice update..

Brian

58Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-23, 06:27

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
i like the waterfront,nicely done Wink

59Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-23, 11:24

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Wow, reinds me of Louisvilles beautiful Waterfront.

60Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-23, 19:54

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Awesome waterfront, very realistic! Congrats on being in the Top 10 for the second week in a row! Very Happy

61Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-24, 23:37

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

bben: Thank you, I like how the area turned out to.
reaper88: Thank you
Wacky32: Wow, I didn't base it off any real location, so its impressive to resemble a real location.
dcmetro2834: Thank you, I tried to get the most realistic look possible, and thanks again I am happy to have made it again.

Update 13- Work Week:

Today I will show what happens during a typical work day in the Quad Cities.

Morning, commuters fill the transit parking lots, pack the stations. Trying to avoid the massive rush hour traffic.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 NewChatham-Aug242341277412411
Cars fill up the Nyhaven Woods train station.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 NewChatham-Aug32341277412310
The busiest ferry dock in the metro area (literally)

Elsewhere many commuters are stuck in traffic, and try to cram thier cars onto the ferry docks. You need to leave very early to avoid rush hour traffic.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Dec232331277426141
A QCTA train in Port Charlotte.

Throughout the day QCTA and passenger trains take local citizens and tourists around and outside the metro area.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 NewChatham-Mar272391277427435
An Amtrak train crosses over the highway in the suburb of Nyhaven Woods.

After rush hour clears up, and everyone settles into thier jobs, the metro areas activities change from commuting to working, big businesses run thier offices, industries produce thier products. And mass transit continues throughout the day.

Down at the ship docks, many cargo ships come and go and are loaded and unloaded with different goods.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortHope-May13181277412554
A ship waits at the docks while it is loaded with containers.

Meanwhile, frieght trains carry, pickup, drop off, and move goods, and products around the metro area.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortHope-Mar14221277412923
Down by the ship docks a frieght train is setting cars for other trains to take in this small railyard.

Throughout the day tourists visit local attractions in the metro area, like the Port Charlotte Waterfront, where fishermen prepare thier boats to head out to make thier catch.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Oct42321277260090
A picture of the waterfront.

more soon
please comment/ critque

62Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-24, 23:44

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Ahh, i know, but nice pics! Very Happy

63Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-25, 15:47

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Best pics I've seen yet! Very Happy

64Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-29, 14:42

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:
Wacky32- Thank you
dcmetro2834- Thank you, I always try to get the best pictures the game allows me to take.

Update 14- RHW Showcase:

Before I start the update i have a few notes to give you. First off my region's population has now passed over 1 million. Also if you take a look at the first post of this CJ you will see an updated picture of the region, which shows the population. Right now I am working on converting some of my maxis highways into RHW. So this update is to show some of my RHW that I have so far. So mostly this just a few pictures.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 NewChatham-Mar313101277766582
a picture of the interchange between Rt. 45 and River Highway.

One thing I would like to point out about this interchange is the exit ramp. for the avenue that passes just north of the interchange, and how the exit for that avenue splits off of thee interchange ramp.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 NewChatham-Nov53101277766679

Just east of that interchange is this exit in the suburb of Aire Crest. As you can see in this picture Aire Crest has some trouble with its estates being rundown.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Apr162361277588049

This is an exit in Port Charlotte that I decided to make to alleviate some congestion on the access roads. This highway passes close to many educational establishments, like Oliver Sunden Elementary School.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Jul102501277767530

And it passes by Port Charlotte University. Close to the bottom of the picture is University Hospital, one of the oldest hospitals in the region.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Apr112361277586719
Picture of the Harbor Highway exit for Beverly Ave. after an interchange with I-430.

After converting these maxis highways to RHW I realized that it takes up a lot more space than the maxis highways do. In this next pic both the avenue and road had exits. However I could only make an exit for the avenue and had to make the road as an overpass.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-Jan152521277767767
Some of the exit ramps for Astralede Ave. and the new overpass for Fudrucker Rd.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 PortCharlotte-May162501277767473
Another compact interchange between I-403 and Country Club Highway.

This interchange is the first interchange I made with RHW. If you have any ideas on how to improve it, that would be helpful. As a note it doesn't have much room because of the railroad line that passes under I-403.

more updates soon please comment.
Ideas and tips on how to improve the interchange in the last picture will be accepted.

65Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-29, 15:19

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Nice pics

66Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-29, 19:40

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
great improvment i see also with your RHW construction

nice job !

67Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-03, 02:47

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

bben- Thank you, yes my RHW skills are improving, but I am still learning more and more.
Wacky32- Thank you.

Update 15- Building the Burbs:

Today we will be taking a look at some the growing suburbs around the Quad Cities. We will start off in Bel-Guarde.

Sandwhiched in between Port Charlotte and New Chatham, Bel-Guarde is the worst area in all of the metro area. With lots of crime, and pollution from the large industrial area, it also has a corrupt government. Unless you are one of the unlucky people who live in Bel-Guarde, the only place you want to be in the town is on I-203 which passes through the eastern city limits.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Jul13061278123880
Some really run down and abandoned homes along I-203.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Aug4061278123955
A picture of the dirty industrial area that spans most of the city.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Apr30081278124061
The downtown of Bel-Guarde.

Bel-Guarde is so crime infested that PCPD (Port Charlotte Police Dept.) and Vista River Police have branch stations in the city limits, and all police cars in Bel-Guarde have bullet proof windows. County officials have plans to reform all of Bel-Guarde to make it a rich and safe community.

Next we will move outside of the metro area, to the town of Apple Grove. An hours drive east of downtown New Chatham on Rt. 870 will lead you out into the country.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 AppleGrove-Apr14451278126265
Some farms and small farm roads.

Driving further on Rt. 870 will lead you into downtown Apple Grove. A small little community of about 741 people. Apple grove is a fast growing town despite its distance from the rest of the metro area. In fact just last year Amtrak extended its local passenger service to Apple Grove, allowing commuters to take the train into the metro area.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 AppleGrove-Apr9451278126231
Downtown Apple Grove, Pictured is City Hall, and the local Amtrak station.

Many nice single family homes are available for around $200k, many new neighborhoods are springing up around Apple Grove. Apple Grove also has a thriving tourist industry, with many of the farms around town being Amish operated, some small motels have been built. City Hall is also home to the Apple Grove Police Department, which has no patrol cars as of right now, because of the closeness of the community.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 AppleGrove-Jan3451278126056
Apple Grove City Hall and Police HQ.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 AppleGrove-Jan17451278126094
A neighborhood in Apple Grove, pictured in the bottom left is the new mayors house.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 AppleGrove-Jun1461278126706

With the new Amtrak service many commuters can take one of 7 daily trains into New Chatham, and connect to another train operated by local service. And the Amtrak service allows many tourists to take the train into Apple Grove.

more soon please comment...

68Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-03, 09:16

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Good job! Very Happy

69Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-13, 22:20

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Sorry everyone, I am working on an update which should come out sometime next week

70Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-13, 23:11

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Thats ok take your time! Very Happy

71Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-15, 22:07

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Wacky32- Thank you.

News Update

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Newspaper4

72Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-15, 22:13

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Very nice and informative newspaper. A great read!

-DC

73Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-16, 14:39

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
I like your cities and the way you show them to us.

I will follow this CJ... if I have time to.

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

74Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-18, 17:33

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

dcmetro2834- Thank you.
Skimbo- Thank you. I am still one of those people that shows pictures of the city and tells about them.

Update 16- Bel-Guarde Finishes Renewal Projects:

The suburb of Bel-Guarde has been known for being the most dangerous and worst area to live in, has finally finished half of its urban renewal projects. Projects that are finished include puhing out most of the dirty industries, improving downtown, and training Bel-Guarde Police better. With these projects finished crime rates have dropped by over 70%, and wealthier residents have started to move into local neighborhoods.

The new Downtown Bel-Guarde features many shops and resturants along Main St. These buildings also have apartments built on the floors above them. City Hall has been re-designed as well.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Jan14181279345380
A look at part of the new downtown area. Main St. can be seen as well.

In adddition some local tourist attractions have been built. Including a new A level baseball stadium.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Aug1181279345466
The brand new Kahnman Stadium.

and a new Bass Pro Shop has been built. Tracker boat sales have immediately taken off with all the waterways and marinas in surrounding towns.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Dec22121279344433
Bass Pro Shop, Tracker boats are being sold the most.

many high tech industrial jobs are bringing in wealthier residents.

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Apr27161279344989

Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Bel-Guarde-Nov2121279344290
Some wealthyapartments are starting to be built around town.

more soon, please comment

75Quad Cities Region - Page 3 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-07-19, 11:39

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Another nice update.... But the skyscraper in construction on the last picture destroys the beauty of this neighbourhood.

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum