Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Let's Build A Region Together! Empty Let's Build A Region Together! 2010-09-16, 22:31

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I was thinking if it was possible that all the Simmania community get together and build a region!

Now I have taken some hurdles into consideration and worked a solution.

1: We can set a limit on how many mods we can have, and each member has to have them. To make it easy we can only choose the "essential mods"

2: Sites.google.com, if you create a webpage there, they allow yoo to create "file cabinets" we could compress the region to a .ZIP, and put it there. I can give a link to download the files. Once a person's time is up, he compresses the modified region, and reupload it. I will tweak it so that people are able to edit the site.

Since I don't have SC4 avalible right now (computer crashed) we may have to have someone else decide the starter region.

If anyone has questions leave a reply.

Sounds like a good idea?

K50  

K50
Admin
I am not interested and not willing to do collaborative regions, so if this goes through, you can count me out.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
K50 wrote:You can count me out.

I'm so sorry you won't join us, but yes we have lives outside of SimMania. Wink

I would like to join you Josh, although I will not be able to host because I need to get away from the computer for a while.

I would like the host to use NAM & SAM goodies (obviously). The CAM might also be needed. I don't know what essential mods are, I will have to look that up later. Until I find some essential mods and find out what it means, someone else please post a comment or something!

I will be back.

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
By the way.... Head over to Simcitymultiplayer.com, we've started to build one at september 9th.

(As you might have noticed) Very Happy

Everyone who wants to play with us is welcome every time. Smile

The most common language is german but we can speak english too.
(No worry, all the moderators can speak (and write) in english)

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

Simarillion  

Simarillion
Visitor
Visitor
Sounds like a fantastic idea and I may even know where to do it without having to create a new site...

As already mentioned by Skimbo, we started two new Multiplayers only 10 days ago.
The Forum is here: SimCityMultiplayer

The most common language, so far, is indeed german, but that is mostly due to the lack of english-speaking Players.
The MP Admins (one happens to be me...) would be happy to change this and large parts of the description and the initial tenders are already available in English now.

The Journal of one of the Multiplayers is hosted right on this site by the way: Andera Islands

All Simmania Members are, obviously, invited to join!

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
To all who intend on participating, here are the mods that everyone must have

NAM
SAM

No BATs. Sound good? I will create the site on Google next.

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
No bats?

Damn it, that's boaring... I don't wanna play an unmoddesd sc4 anymore......

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Skimbo wrote:No bats?

Damn it, that's boaring... I don't wanna play an unmoddesd sc4 anymore......

OK let's decide on some BATs by request. What ones did you have in mind?

K50  

K50
Admin
Skimbo, remember the rules, that can be considered profane.

I'm going to say something Josh, if you only have the NAM and SAM this will be a dud. You should have at least some BAT's, people with journals aren't willing to give up the BATS to do this, after all, can you give links to ten vanilla journals that have updated more than once or twice?

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
OK

NAM
SAM
NWM
RHW

What BATs do we want?

Simarillion  

Simarillion
Visitor
Visitor
Instead of trying to figure out what might be needed, why don't you just register on some other site that has some experience to see what they are doing?
Believe me, running a MP sounds like some simple fun, but it ain't (fun yes, simple no...)

bounce

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Simarillion wrote:Instead of trying to figure out what might be needed, why don't you just register on some other site that has some experience to see what they are doing?
Believe me, running a MP sounds like some simple fun, but it ain't (fun yes, simple no...)

bounce
I like challenges. Besides, we have to decide on BATs, and then pick a region, thats it. We then begin. However I can't participate, cause I have to play vanilla. Let's Build A Region Together! Icon_sad

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I suggest some HK/Asian BAT Team stuff.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=24862

There's a starter! Razz

I saw the SimCity Box on sale for $15 at Wal-Mart here in Vegas, though i will not get it now, but maybe near the sale's end. Good deal, huh? You think I should get it?

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Guess so and I will hunt the STEX for good BATs.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Joshriddle_1234 wrote:I have to play vanilla.

Sad I'm so sorry, at least you still have a copy of the original game. Smile

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I think this is a good idea, but I think that it might be difficult to manage that. Over several months to a year, this might be possible, but I can't spend all day on Simmania, so I'm not sure if how well I could help. I might be able to help a little, however. Probably not much since I haven't even developed a full region of my own yet.

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
That's allright. I'm sure we could make it.

I'm still deciding on BATs though. I'm only picking the best ones.

EDIT: Found 15 so far, we probably will need way more.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Well, I can't install too many mods, Josh. I already get a lot of CTDs, but I guess I could afford a few.

Again, I can't spend all day at the computer to work on this, so I don't think that I'll be able to do very much.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum