Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
As far as we know at this time, large city tiles are not going to be in the game. Instead, they will be about the size of what's equivalent to a medium city tile in SC4. Cities XL was very generous with city sizes, but SC2013 as gone the other direction. In addition, new limitations may make region play more difficult. Maxis claims that this is due to limitations of the glassbox engine, as well as budget limitations on their servers. Personally, at $60-80 for the game, I'd think they should be able to allow for larger cities, but apparently this is not so. Razz

Personally, my biggest request to EA for SC2013 would be to build the offline component to the game, allowing for free modding, larger cities, regions, etc... Certainly having the online component available could be neat to see, but to make the game unplayable without it is a huge bummer for me. Is this a good decision from EA? What are your thoughts?

Lot_Creator  

Lot_Creator
Commoner
Commoner
Just another money hook from EA, nothing more, probably go down the drain just as Societies did when it was made. Its pretty evident that all the limitations done and advertised(FTW), that EA is on a... dislike streak onto Maxis, probably due to their "reckless" release of the modding tools for SC4. And this is their punishment for doing that.

Ideas?
Comment.
LC

http://truthandlies.forumotion.com/

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Sorry LC, but EA punishing Maxis for releasing modding content for SC4 by creating a lousy game is a bit melodramatic. It would have seemed that with the way SC4 was being rushed and was released incomplete and sub par that nobody would like it, and people loved it. It could be the same case with SC5. Just because a game isn't what you're looking for doesn't mean it's no good.

As for the city tile sizes, that'll be one setback, but as with anything else it has the potential to the modded down the road.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I hope that some kind of expansion pack or update is released to build the offline component. I think it sounds like a great game if they can build that part out. If enough people want it, since a lot of money is on the line for EA, we'll see what happens.

Lot_Creator  

Lot_Creator
Commoner
Commoner
Cheese, well it may be so, but we cannot be sure till its released, then we will know if it swims or skins like a rock. Then after we can comment if it will be any expansions that will make it better than its being advertised.

http://truthandlies.forumotion.com/

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum