Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Cheeseguy wrote:

that would leave them with no yard Razz
of course that's actually realistic in a way. the rich always have houses that take up the entire lot.

lol!

One thing I really hate is that the largest city size allowed is 256 by 256 tiles. That's only a few square miles, and we can somehow manage to stuff millions of people in there?

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
just remember that a single family home in SC4 has 12 people living in it..
the length of one tile is 10m so that's about a bit over 2.5km across.. which is about 1.5 miles.. so eh

Towncrafter  

Towncrafter
Dreams of reaching Cheeseguy status
Dreams of reaching Cheeseguy status
I hate how any zone or any road network will mess up the terrain by lowering or raising what I just worked so hard to get just right.

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
My current frustration, and this probably doesn't count, is how hard it is to use RHW through a developed city...

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Cheeseguy wrote:My current frustration, and this probably doesn't count, is how hard it is to use RHW through a developed city...

Haha- I highly dought that counts- Thats why I build the highways before I get to that part

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

K50  

K50
Admin
If you don't have RHW planned out way in advance it's not very fun Razz

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
yeah, I tried converting some of my maxis highway segments to RHW

not very fun

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
As you probably know from my DD, I don't plan far ahead (although I have been doing some planned communities within another region)

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I find that whenever I plan communities, they don't ever work out. I always have to let them grow organically. One of the hardest struggles I always come up against is setting up better transportation systems. I haven't always been the best at being mindful of the fact that once a small town grows to 500,000+ residents, that it will need something better than roads and avenues to hold it together. Razz

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
blakesterville wrote:I find that whenever I plan communities, they don't ever work out. I always have to let them grow organically. One of the hardest struggles I always come up against is setting up better transportation systems. I haven't always been the best at being mindful of the fact that once a small town grows to 500,000+ residents, that it will need something better than roads and avenues to hold it together. Razz

I neverplan ahead- I have in my mind a layot and if it looks right I use it- If not I find that I use the bulldozer a lot

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I already have a storyline of construction for my (currently) non-existent city journal. Razz

http://simopsis.com

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum