Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26What Frustrates you about SC4? - Page 2 Empty Reply 2010-08-19, 20:57

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Oh, 1.3 GB

Last edited by Joshriddle_1234 on 2010-08-19, 21:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misunderstood Poster above me)

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Joshriddle_1234 wrote:RAM (Random Access Memory) is your virtual memory. It is a form of memory that isn't written to the hard drive. I couldn't tell you what it does though. It should be on Wikipedia if anything.

lol! This post was like if the Google bot came and looked it up.

K50  

K50
Admin
Joshriddle_1234 wrote:Oh, 1.3 GB
In that case, a bigger computer would make a big difference in load speed

29What Frustrates you about SC4? - Page 2 Empty I am 2010-08-21, 13:17

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I am going to get a bigger computer, once I have the resources to do so. Anyway, before this veers off topic, my frustration is why you can't build any higher than past 200,000 residents!

K50  

K50
Admin
oh that sucks! I have my region at about 800,000 Smile And thats only on four large region tiles Razz One of them will eventually be 350,000, hopefully...

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
My 5 largest are:

New City (I didn't know bout the name change cheat): 300K
Stone City: 80-120,000
Davis Park: 110,000
Hillsburgh: 100,000
Pot: 80,000

Don't have any strange ideas about my names Neutral I don't know what it has to do with.

What frustrates me is actually the NAM, I know alot goes into it but some WR Curves get to me.

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Here are the names of some of my cities:

Burger King (50K?)
New Moderdonoville (350K?)
The City of Grey Beards (a few thousand people)
Bigsmallcity (75K)
New Morter city (200K) I don't know why I used "morter" in it, but I'm refering to tar.

And that's to name a few of my weird city names.

The NAM also bugs me with weird features, but I rarely, if ever, use them.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
My largest city ever was 45,000. My PC has a city capacity of 40K each, so this one was 5000 over the top. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture, my game crashed and I could not restart the game after that day. I built this city in 2008, when I used all Maxis with not even a thought about mods or fansites. I didn't even know about cheats yet! That was my greatest achievement.

*Edit* City name was Sagavoy.

Last edited by Aldini10 on 2010-08-22, 06:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot the city name. =D)

34What Frustrates you about SC4? - Page 2 Empty My biggest 2010-08-22, 21:53

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
My biggest cities are:

Riverside: 145,000
Beaumont: 84,000
Alvarado: 31,000
Beech Bridge: 4,000

Of course I have many many others. These are my favorites.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I'm sorry, but this thread is called "What frustrates you about SC4?". Please stick with the topic.

New frustration: The game is just way too complex. I also hate how it's such a CPU hog. This game has the most problems than any other game I know of.

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
I can agree with that, sorry for doin that Smile Its a compromise though as is life.

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

37What Frustrates you about SC4? - Page 2 Empty I don't know what to call this! 2010-08-23, 09:36

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Aldini10 wrote:I'm sorry, but this thread is called "What frustrates you about SC4?". Please stick with the topic.

New frustration: The game is just way too complex. I also hate how it's such a CPU hog. This game has the most problems than any other game I know of.

I agree with it being a CPU hog. Especially with my processor being nothing more than a 1.65 GHZ AMD Athlon XP.

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
*cough bump cough*

New frustration: The fact being it is an 8 yr old game, and it not that suitable with the newest technology. Evil or Very Mad Even with this one being slightly out of date, and not caught up with the newest technology, I still can't count how many times I've reinstalled the game. Crying or Very sad

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I've reinstalled the game several times. I have almost as many licenses (ehh... what I mean is I've bought the game quite a few times) . lol! Don't lose disc two. lol!

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Liscenses?

Oh and I recently reinstalled SC4 due to the game not saving. This helped out a ton.

Now I just have to fix Windows XP (screwed that up too)

Well, recently my frustration is how hard it is to work the the rhw at times.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
About licensing? If you buy the game once, you have bought it for one user -- one license for one user. Buy the game twice, and it is for two people, and so on... This is a part of the way that licensing works. I've got several licenses. I've had to buy the game so many times, each for another reason, well, ehh... you get the idea.

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Oh.

I don't ever read up on eluas or liscenses

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
It's hard to read them because they are so big. You just want to install a program quickly and you spend several minutes reading about this. It isn't fun to read this stuff. Sad

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
blakesterville wrote:It's hard to read them because they are so big. You just want to install a program quickly and you spend several minutes reading about this. It isn't fun to read this stuff. Sad

Well, I read the first paragraph and then move on. lol!

Also they all say the same thing.

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Several things come to mind- CTD and Maxis Buildings

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
not all maxis buildings are bad.. in fact I like most except for that one that has a hole in and that damn st. ritzys...

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Buildings are not right on Maxis only- either to big or to small. Anyone notice that the people are to big?

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
every sprite in every simcity game is off-scale
if you think SC4 is bad then play SC3K

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
titanicbuff wrote:Several things come to mind- CTD and Maxis Buildings

I agree with you completely about CTD. Always annoying, especially when you are about to save. :/ I don't mind most Maxis buildings. The ones that annoy me are mostly the industrial buildings for ID and IM. That and the lots for R$$$. The buildings themselves aren't awful, but the lot sizes usually sure are.

http://simopsis.com

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
simLink wrote:
titanicbuff wrote:Several things come to mind- CTD and Maxis Buildings
The buildings themselves aren't awful, but the lot sizes usually sure are.

that would leave them with no yard Razz
of course that's actually realistic in a way. the rich always have houses that take up the entire lot.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum