Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Another release of Simcity has been long awaited for many years in the community as a whole. It is finally here with SC 2013, but many believe it was not what the community was truly looking for. Is it worthy to be called Simcity 5, or is it another spin-off release of Simcity that ends in failure?

Personally, my thought is that it had a good concept, but the development was very poorly executed. The pathfinding mechanism is disappointingly primitive, region play is disjunct, the servers are unstable, city sizes are hardly larger than a neighborhood in real cities, etc... Leaving much to be wanted for the new game. I still feel that it could be redeemed with a full-scale update from Maxis, so I haven't given up hope for the game. What are your thoughts?

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
It is not a worthy successor. Razz

There are a lot of good concepts and I can see what they are thinking about, but as you said, they were poorly executed.

A+ for Creativity
F- for execution.

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
The online component aside, I think it's a great game. It has an in-depth simulation that goes miles beyond any other SimCity game. (Like really, the simulation measures wind speed AND wind direction - that's insane).

I hope that the content comes along eventually, and I'm certain it will. How much I play depends on whether I can modd, modd, modd!! Razz

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Well IMO simulating that seems pointless in a City Simulator. And the Glassbox engine has serious pathing problems and the Sims are all homeless, they travel to the nearest house that fits their wealth type and then in the morning they travel to the nearest job that fits their wealth type. Razz

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum