Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Nice Town Very Happy

Halen of Denmarke  

Halen of Denmarke
Passerby
Passerby
Awesome stuff here towncrafter. Laughing

Towncrafter  

Towncrafter
Dreams of reaching Cheeseguy status
The city of Wickham is now messed up. I wanted to put seawalls on the rest of the shores and so I put the zerosealevel.dat file in the plugins and the city crashed. I removed all other files in the plugins and got no crash. Then I put in some more and discovered the italia terrain was causing the crash. I removed it, then fixed up the shore for the seawalls, saved, put in the zerosezlevel.dat again, did the seawalls, saved. Then I put every plugin back in except for the italia terrain. The spam farms and most of the lots are empty. So, I will not be recreating Wickham, because that's too much work. It was a good town. I'll still be working on the other tiles in the region and will continue to show you those. But as for Wickham? Wickham is dead now. Sad

UPDATE: Thanks to Cheesey's help, I was able to restore the city to an earlier save, and Wickham is now back. ) Thank you also to brian and tiger for your help.

Last edited by Towncrafter on 2013-02-22, 18:50; edited 1 time in total

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
sorry it took me so long to respond- anyway I love the look- with the RHW thing- I love how you incorperated the round about at the end of your exit- it gives it a nice feel and cuts back on congestion. smart move. With RHW if you watch mine and other peoples CJ's that use RHW you'll see all kinds of different looks. Also the town reminds me of my own real life town- I live in an oil town and so we are beginning to return to life around here- used to be that the town was becoming a ghost town- so dirty industry helps to bring a town to life. Love your ideas. Keep it up.

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

Towncrafter  

Towncrafter
Wickham is back! Smile
I found two watermod files hidden away in many levels of subfolders and it looks like they were the cause of the city crashing whenever I put the zerosealevel.dat file in the plugins folder. Now that those two files are gone, I've been working on putting seawalls on more shoreline.

The Northshore of the Wicke River...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0224-wickham-newseawalls-2

The two ponds in the towncenter...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0225-WI-lakewalls-1

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I like the natural look of the city although its becoming urbanized, and I think those seawalls are very good.

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Love the seawalls, they look really good in those situations. Smile

http://simopsis.com

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Those seawalls are nice Smile

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Great Seawalls Very Happy

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Love the update. The walls look great, and it's a nice use of space.

Logginin  

Visitor
Visitor
I like this city very much, it looks warm and very much alive (is it because of the water and terrain mods?)
Where did you get those sea walls in the last picture?

Towncrafter  

Towncrafter
Logginin wrote:I like this city very much, it looks warm and very much alive (is it because of the water and terrain mods?)
Where did you get those sea walls in the last picture?

The water mod is dogfight's marshy water.
The terrain is maxis.
The seawalls are JS Seawalls V3.
The water mod and seawalls can be found on STEX.

Wickham was growing and now has a population over 15,000. Wickham has schools, and hospitals, and a library, and places to work and shop and live. Recreation was provided through small parks and a golf course. Wickham needed more areas of recreation. The forest in the northeast was a good place to put that.

Softball fields and a soccer field were put next to the golf course...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0406-wickham-new_sportsfields-3

A network of paths and a couple of ponds were built in the forest. This turned it into a nice place to relax while preserving the forest.
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0406-wickham-ne_forest_newpaths-2

Here's how Wickham looks now...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0406-wickham-ovw-1

Caxton is the district south of Wickham and we'll visit it next.
Just a few farm fields remained north of the highway...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0407-CX-before

They have a new crop of houses now...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0407-CX-after

An overview of Caxton...
Towncraft, the towns of Towncrafter - Page 3 13_0407-CX-ovw
In addition to the new houses, some new commercial buildings grew south of the highway.

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
wickham is getting to be a big city now Smile

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
looks beautiful

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

K50  

K50
Admin
Looking good as always! But I'd use one of the golf course sets on ST in the future though, they'd look much better Smile

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
It's really neat how the town seems to be hidden in the trees. It has a lot of great detail and looks very well developed.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum