Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I changed the name of the DD for you Wink
Also can't wait for the new update

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
smartbylaw wrote:Hey i was wondering if it would be possible if me and your country became "friends" or allies.
Sure, what would that all mean if we become "allies"?
Also I've been wondering about how to have a possible college sports team, or pro sports team for my region?
I do plan on having an update as soon as I possibly can, of course it all depends upon work and school schedule I have Wink
I want to show how my region looks right now, I'm currently working on the "midtown" of the region Smile. Going good for the time being, have some really cool highway interchanges, specifically w/I-40 and the I-140 Midtown Interchange. I've been having some issues w/the host picture site I have, but I'm working on it... Smile
Here is a portion of the Midtown Interchange...
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Tontitwon-I-40throughTontitown

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Superhighways.... Something I somehow canot stand in my cities but this one looks nice. Looking forward to see some more od the intercharge.

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Nice highways! I love mega-highways, personally (although they don't seem like much fun to drive on).

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Hey guys long time no see Very Happy I know I haven't been posting a whole lot so I got some great news, I have an update now Laughing
So anyways, let me show you some new stuff in the suburbs and also some areas of the Midtown area.

Here is the biggest interchange in the entire region, as far as complexity at least Wink This particular picture shows the Midtown Interchange, as known by locals
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 MidtownInterchange

Here is another interchange, this is about 16 miles north of the Midtown Interchange on I-140. It intersects and ends at the I-240 Bypass in Primm
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Primm-NorthI-140andI-240interchangeNorthPointeinterchange

Here is a newer interchange that has been built in the area. This intersection is part of the new Industrial Parkway corridor being built in the newer Industrial Park of North Omaha. This is going to be the biggest industrial park in the Metro area, for now Razz
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Midtown-IndustrialPkwyandFreedomDriveSPUI

Another picture of the above, zoomed out
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Midtown-IndustrialPkwyandFreedomDriveSPUImore

This next picture shows the Silly Noodle interchange. This is the intersection of Winter Town Highway and I-240. Bet you can't guess why it's called the Silly Noodle huh?
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 WinterTown-SillyNoodleJunctionI-240andWinterTownHighway

This picture shows part of the Make Omaha Beautiful project in the area. It's a way for organizations to spruce up the natural beauty of some urban and suburban Omaha exit ramp areas. Who wouldn't mind a little tree and flower activity in the city?
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Weston-MakeOmahaBeautifulProjectI-40andWestonAve

This next picture is more of a oddity, I'm not entirely sure if it's a glitch or what...
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Brounsfels-mistextureglitch

Now for some suburban and urban neighborhood pictures...

This shows the Brookwood Highway (north to south; up down) and North Ave (west/east; sides). If you look closely you'll see the old Brookwood Road that dead ends with the turn lanes. It was left like that due to the commercial area that still needed the road.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 WinterTown-BrookwoodHighwayandNorthAve

This is part of the Midtown area. The picture shows one of the neighborhoods in the more urban areas of town. This shows the Herring Park area.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 HerringParkarea

More of the Herring Park area
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Midtown-HerringParkneighborhood

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Midtown-HerringParkshoppingarea

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Midtown-Olderareaoftown

This shows the master planned community of Silver Springs in Winter Town
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 WinterTown-SilverSpringsMasterPlannedcommunity

This shows another master planned community of Silverwood. This included a new high school into the community as well as a "Main Street with a Mc Donald's and a Jack in the Box restaurant area.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Weston-SilverwoodMasterPlannedcommunity

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Weston-SilverwoodGreenareas

Closer shot of the "Main Street" area of Silverwood
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Weston-SilverwoodMainRoadcommercial

Some more future development and master planned communities. Seems these are the new thing for Omaha now Smile
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Weston-Newneighborhoodprojects

A newer project that includes a water area, this is a project that I am currently testing now. Looks good so far I think..
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Brounsfelsarea-1

Last picture shows the Weston Area Regional Airport, this serves most of the western suburbs of Omaha. In time there's going to be an international airport, but the area is still looking for a new place for it, and also funding for one. I'll keep you updated...
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Weston-WestonAreaRegionalAirportWARA

That's going to do it for the update. However speaking of a new international airport in the future, there's also talk of a new theme park to be built maybe too :O The area has a lot of new things coming eventually, just like the new NAM and stuff Smile
See you guys later!

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Gosh this actually looks realistic. (unlike most SC4 cities) Nice job!

57Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 3 Empty WOW 2010-12-04, 19:35

smartbylaw  

smartbylaw
Exploring the territory
Exploring the territory
Very very good. And by allies i mean friends. Our nations cooperate with each other. Nice update.

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
The intercharges are a bit space wasteing in my taste, but that might be the case because I always have to build 'em as compact as possible....

The update itself is very nice!

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
wow Brenn,

this is the best transit ive seen from you so far Laughing

of course plenty of your usual great pics of your suburbs..,

which i think is kind your trademark or one of them.

This is easily the best update ive seen from you. So many

great pics, you put a lot of hard work into this and it shows.

Thanks, Brian

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow Brenn you have some amazing interchanges. The midtown area is also very nice. I do have one question though, is this an exact recreation of the real Omaha or your interpretation?

Keep up the great work cheers

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Mayorm:This is an interpretation of Omaha, NE and also it's somewhat based off the real-life city. BTW I used to live there for 7 years so that's where I came up with the idea Wink
bben:: Thanks for always saying nice things about my cities. I know I don't have GLR or rail systems shown, but I am slowly working my way to that....
Skimbo: I try to build interchanges before they're actually needed, so I can understand why it appears to be a waste of space. It is really until the city is built around the way I plan it to be.
smartbylaw: Well I know we've talked about this, but for now I'll hold off until I'm able to devote a little more time to this city diary Smile
blakesterville: Well no disrespect towards others' diaries but that's just the way I like it, REALISM Very Happy I know bben (brian on ST) has nominated me for a Trixie Award for it, so obviously I must do a really good job of it.

BTW brian, thanks again for nominating me for that. I always appreciate your, as well as, everyone's opinion about what I do. I take it very much to heart, and always try to make things look as realistic as possible.
Next time I have a chance I'll try to make a mod list of what I use. In case people want to build similar cities, but no copy catting Razz

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
These cities really do look good.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Dangit... I was about to nominate you for a trixie... Oh, well. These cities you are building are the most exquisite and realistic I've ever seen; keep up the great work! Smile

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Sorry guys but I'm going to have to stop this diary due to computer problems that was occurring. I'm currently working on a new one... so I'll be having something up in time....
Thanks brenn21

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Sad

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Hey guys, since I already have a dedicated albeit "dead diary" entry, I'd like to announce a new CJ is going to be posted in the next few days or so Smile If I could have this current entry renamed to Meisterville Metro I would appreciate it. Again I'm not quite ready to post anything specific to the diary but, I hope you like it. (I am somewhat delaying it due to some glitches I get at times, and because of my odd schedules of stuff I have.)

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
you want the this thread renamed Meisterville Metro?

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
mayorm wrote:you want the this thread renamed Meisterville Metro?
Well honestly I'd rather have an entirely new CJ diary. I'd like to start up a new post but I didn't know if that was fine to do that. If not than yes I do want this to be renamed to "Meisterville Metro". Thanks

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Brenn, your allowed to start as many new topics as you want, by all means create a seperate DD Very Happy

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
mayorm wrote:Brenn, your allowed to start as many new topics as you want, by all means create a seperate DD Very Happy
Alright well as soon as I can get some time to get my pics uploaded and stuff, I'll create a new one Cool I'm going to be off and on with this though, so bear with me Grandpa

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum