Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Good use of RHW Smile

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I love those farms!

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor

Comments

Aldini10: I use the Meadowshire terrain mod; http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=58
Skimbo: Thanks, I love how the RHW has been cooperating with me on this Smile
Blakesterville: Lot's more farms to come!

Hey guys... I know it's been a little while since the last update, but I've been busy w/school stuff, and other things.
So anyways I'll show you all what's going on in the area since the last updates...
Oh and one other thing about my updates, there isn't Maxis buildings anymore Very Happy Nothing but pure custom content baby Razz

So lets get right to it, my region has been undergoing some rather fun growing pains... my previous regional population was at about 7K'ish. It currently sits around 35K so it's got some new roads, some new rails, and also now a regional planning commission for the area.

First pic here is a new farm i found today...
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Buckhead-CornandWheatFields

Next couple of pics are from the newly formed community of Richmond, which has been very quickly growing since it's inception about 40-60 years ago (9K Population). Richmond ST area (Verizon and AT&T are trying to buy the land I highlighted for a new cell tower)
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Richmond-RichmondStreetarea

Richmond ST (SouthHills Subdivision)
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Richmond-RichmondStreetandSpringHillssubdivision

Newest form of transportation starting to be built. CSX is building a new transfer and railyard for the area in Richmond. Currently they've built most of the railyard and are beginning to build a new overpass to cross over Interstate 11.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Richmond-CSXraillineoverpassconstruction

Next pic is from Buckhead showing two radio towers (these two towers are mostly for radio however several cell phone companies also operate from these.)
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Buckhead-RadioTowers

The last couple are from the Bertano area...
Bertano hasn't grown a whole lot more but has gained a new hospital and a bigger commercial area around it. Bertano General Hospital (Bertano Regional) has become a very beneficial institution for the region, since most trauma care centers are way out in Omaha, which is about 3-4 hour drive. It has also caught the attention of new buisnesses and offices to open here. A new grocery store chain called Food Lion has been built, and Wal Mart is rumored to build a Supercenter in town. Also in Bertano some of the area's rural roads have become bottlenecks and are becoming inefficient in design. Like this intersection (FM 1 (farm to market) and Lincoln Hwy) it has an extremely sharp left turn for traffic going east.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Bertano-FM1LincolnHwyrealignment
Eventually the Bertano Planning Authority is going to reallign the road so the intersection is less hazardous for left turns.

Next pic shows Commece RD and Buisness ST (Buisness ST is the divided median road)
Buisness ST was built mostly as a bypass road around the Hospital area and is almost complete. Commece Road (North/South) is possibly going to become a 3 lane road for truck traffic coming from the farming areas. (please excuse my dependency glitch thingy Razz)
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Bertano-CommerceRdBuisnessSt

Alright well for now that's all I have, hope you guys don't get too bored with the farms. I promise it's not always going to be farms, there is going to be urbanization in time Smile. I'll let you guys know for now I'm not going to be jumping from urban to farms. Until I get about 1/4 to 1/2 the area I've designated as being farms, I'll wait to start showing you guys Omaha. This may be a while, but trust me everything is better with time and patience Wink

Hope you guys come back!

K50  

K50
Admin
Looks good! One suggestion though, turn off those UDI icons Wink and find that house in the last picture Razz

The RHW is looking greater each entry, BTW! Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice pics brenn Very Happy love your city building style

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Your town looks very modest and would be a very nice place to live in if it weere real. Looks like a booming economy within your region, with all the construction and all, like Las Vegas before the big companies went bankrupt. D: Very nice update. Nice farms, and great job. =D

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Thank you guys for all the nice words of wisdom... and k50 dude if I could ask, how do you turn the UDI icons off?
I'll try to have an update here sometime soon this week... I'm sorry for all the delays for a new update, I'm starting to get to the point where I may not be able to play SimCity 4 anymore Sad
I do promise though to show you guys a few more updates before that ends up happening
Wink

K50  

K50
Admin
to turn the UDI icons off, go to the my sim menu, the UDI menu, you get the choice of car, boat, or plane, and then there is a fourth button. click that button, and you will turn them off. Smile

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
K50 wrote:to turn the UDI icons off, go to the my sim menu, the UDI menu, you get the choice of car, boat, or plane, and then there is a fourth button. click that button, and you will turn them off. Smile
Alright thanks, and now I'll remember to not show pictures w/them Razz

Now to something I know you guys will like... a new update affraid

I'm going to move on from the rural areas, and onto the wild urban jungle of Omaha....
First before I go on here, I'll say this update isn't really a "true" update, more of a series of updates. This is part 1 of several to come introducing the Metro Omaha area....

Omaha is a bustling metropolis of about 2-3 million people... It has no sports teams as of now, no really spectacular scenery, although some parts of town are nice to see architecturally; and also no farms Razz
The area which I'm going to show here in a second is definitely growing still. A lot of the area is beginning to take a major turn in becoming a suburb, because of a new bypass that is to be built around the Omaha Metro area. Omaha is served by 2 major interstates, I-30 and I-40. The area is also served by several secondary interstate highways including; I-240 (under construction), I-140, and I-130.

I-240 is a new bypass that will be built in the Metro area. It'll be about 200 miles in total if you drove it completely around. I-140 is basically a spur highway which goes North to South through Omaha, downtown, midtown, and both Northern/Southern burbs. I-30 runs east to west through town, as does I-40. I-40/30 converge after going east of the downtown Omaha area, and stays that way running east out of town. I-130 is a "half loop" around the downtown and midtown areas of Omaha. I-130 is known as the Loop or the Downtown Loop. I'll make a map of this soon Wink

So anyways for now I'll stop talking and show you the Elkhorn area, which is the western-most suburb of Omaha, and the area where I-240 has begun to take shape.

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-I40andI240Interchange
In this picture you see the I-240/I-40 interchange (I-240 runs from top to bottom here).

With development comes traffic, and although Elkhorn is no large city with 35K people, it has its traffic issues.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-FortCrookRoadtrafficjam

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-FortCrookRoadNewFortCrookAve
The two pictures above are some road improvements being done... The road getting built is going to be 6 lanes and be called Fort Crook Ave. The two lane road is called Fort Crook Rd., Ft Crook Road will be renamed to Old Fort Crook Rd. when construction is finished.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-FortCrookAvetraffic

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-FortCrookAveand10thAve

That's going to do it for this update, I'll have more updates this week...

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Great update Brenn! Yes, with a growing town comes traffic... Then more roads, then wide roads. Very realistic of you! Very Happy

That's also very nice use of the RHW mod you've got going there. Very classic.

Thumbs Up I can't wait for another update!

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice Brenn hope to see more of the area soon

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
sweet Smile &whered you get the Honda?

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
Brenn,

great looking intersections there.
Some of the best ones ive seen so far since the last nam release !

Brian

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Guitarmansuperstar wrote:sweet Smile &whered you get the Honda?

I see no Honda anywhere! Please show me which shot you saw it in and yes, where did you get the Honda? (If you DO have it. Wink )

bben wrote:great looking intersections there.

Yes, I agree. Marvelous Tulep use of you, I wish I had been more creative before. Very Happy

Good day to you, Brenn.

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Comments

Aldini10 & Guitarman: I got the Honda dealership from STEX... http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=12256
bben: Thank you, I've always been a big fan on the Tuleps, NWM, and RHW mods... obviously Rolling Eyes Very Happy
mayorm: I am planning on having more updates, at some point this week. No later than this next Monday Smile

Hopefully I am able to add a couple more entries before Monday. I have to get back to school then, and will be very busy. Sorry for not getting anything up like I said last week Smile

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I thought Guitarmansuperstar was talking about a Honda on the road, I never saw the building. Thanks for the link Brenn.

Everyone needs their education, Brenn. Take all the time you need, there's no deadline for this assignment! Very Happy

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
OK so I've been out for a while right, well that's what happens when you have an Anatomy/Physiology class...
Anyways I want to share with you guys something a little weird I found, while checking commutes... :suspect:

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-trafficglitch

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-trafficglitch2

So other than a strange way of getting around (teleporting must've been discovered), I'll get to showing you guys a few new things in the Omaha area.

First lets go see a new University getting started, which is UNO or University of Nebraska at Omaha. By the way this is a real college... The college is a community college/four year school. They are working on getting a sports team going hopefully soon. The name is going to be called the Mavs and will feature; Hockey, Football, and Soccer.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-UNO

Of course if the school gets a sports team, it'll be the first in this area for a "professional" sports team, since there really aren't any pro sports here in Omaha.
Also some more development has occurred, which has created some traffic gridlock on the JFK Bypass (I-240). Remember how this was built just a few years ago? It's already being looked at to be widened to a six or eight lane freeway now...
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-I40andI240traffic

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-I40andI240trafficday
This (widening) will probably happen in the somewhat near-term, since Omaha's suburbs are really starting to grow as of late... Also there is a possibility of a regional mall to get built as well in the area.

More highway construction is taking place over in the Tontitown area of Omaha (just east of Elkhorn). In the project over there, on I-40, there is work being done for new HOV lanes to be built. There is also going to be a separate area of lanes for C/D traffic (collector/distributor), for a total of 10 lanes altogether Very Happy.
As you can see down below, this neighborhood is going to be razed, just as soon as the Sims are able to move. Imminent domain, don't you just love it No
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Tontitwon-HOVprojectpreneighborhooddemo

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Tontitwon-HOVProjectdemolitionarea

Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Tontitwon-HOVprojectI-40
Well that's going do it for today, I hope you guys don't mind these sparse updates, cause I'll be busy for some time now... hope you come back

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Thanks for the update! I really like your use of the NAM goodies, very great looking town you got there. Yup, everyone needs their education, no one is stopping you. I hope you can update sometime you may think is "soon". Smile
Well done!

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Aldini10: thanks for the comment, I ended up with a lot of time today so... a new update now Very Happy

Let me show you a an update to the HOV project up in Tontitown...
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Tontitwon-HOVprojecthalfwayfinished
This project is half finished, it may be a while before I decide the exact layout of how this will be Smile

Also since I've been mentioning about all the development in the area, let me show you some traffic and random pics from the area of late... The picture down below is in High Shoals, just north of Elkhorn. This area has a current population of 45-50K people in it. The road is one of a few that come down into the Elkhorn area, this particular one is always a mess during rush hour, w/about 6500 people on it. Wouldn't want to be in that Shocked
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 HighShoals-commuteonNorthFreeway

This is a better looking part of High Shoals... without "too" much traffic
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 HighShoals-suburbsshot

Some national stores have been locating here in High Shoals along Jefferson Road.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 HighShoals-BigBoxstoresonJeffersonRoad

Last pictures and area I'm going to show you is from Elkhorn, where a few tall office buildings have been built. Most office space in Elkhorn is being bought up really quick, and if it's not, than a lot of land is for building an office complex. Elkhorn has definitely benefited from the I-240 Bypass, having so many national and also local offices relocating here.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-OfficeHighrises

Newer shopping area just off of I-40, called The Crossing Shopping Center
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-CrossingShoppingArea
Crossing Shopping Center was technically supposed to build a wider off-ramp, however they obviously haven't yet.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-I40offramptrafficjamcrossingarea

Last picture is of Sugarloaf Country Club, and the Sugarloaf Subdivision. This is one of the newer, but also more prestigious areas in town.
Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Elkhorn-SugarloafSubdivisionandGolfClub

That's going to do it for right now, hope you guys come visit again!

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
OH Very Happy MY Exclamation GOD affraid Brenn your cities continue to amaze me, unfotunately I didn't get a chance to comment on your last update. so I will do that now:

first of all your sims have a strange way of driving from one place to another lol! But your city is awsome, I really like all your RHW use.

this update:

Still loving your beautiful RHW use. Also your shopping center is great, and it looks like there is a good amount of traffic. One thing I would try to do is add some acceleration/ decceleration lanes to the exit there, people are stuck in the regular traffic lane.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I really love your transportation system, your RHWs, and how you showed so much detail about traffic and stuff like that. Well done. Smile

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Brenn, this was the best update so far, I especially like your great usage of nam roads and the 14th pic (the one of high scolars)

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
New update is in the works for the my DD... and I'd like to change the name of this DD to "Omaha Metro, and Suburbs". For whomever has the ability to get that changed thanks Wink
I'm going to hopefully have something up this evening, but for sure by tomorrow I'll get an update.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
These are amazing images! I love them.

Some of the images are above the resolution limit, however. Simmania's limit is 800x600.

50Omaha Metro area and Suburbs - Page 2 Empty DIPLOMACY 2010-11-30, 20:43

smartbylaw  

smartbylaw
Exploring the territory
Exploring the territory
Hey i was wondering if it would be possible if me and your country became "friends" or allies.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum