Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 Repliesbanner
Simlink- lol I had to throw in a Tim Horton's ad with that hockey story otherwise it wouldn't be right. BTW my cities do have Tim Hortons in them Wink
111222333444- Thank you
Cheeseguy- Thank you
Frex_Ceafus Thank you

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 Updatebanner

Today I'll be showing you some of Pope City, yet another former suburban town that is transforming into an urban environment as the growth of the Quad Cities grows.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 PopeCity-May3121356816742_zps82437931
Some of the industries in Hyde Business Park

Pope City has some of the cleanest industrial standards in the region in fact Hyde Business Park where the bulk of the industry is concentrated is the largest clean industrial park in the region.

While many of the offices and industries within the city limits provide work for people in Pope City, many people choose to commute to thier jobs around the region. Recently the QCTA has added bus service, and a proposal to extend one of the subway lines is currently being considered. In fact some citizens have reported driving to work as far away as Port Charlotte which is about a 2 and half hour drive with the traffic, sometimes jumping to 3 hours at rush hour.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 PopeCity-Apr15121356816638_zps12c03e50

Pope City has been improving its streets recently, Avenue St. Marks is the most recent street to be upgraded. Shown above is its temporary end while the city tries to buy the homes in the area for the right of way.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 PopeCity-Apr20111356816275_zpscd74e4c8
Cartier Brothers College Preporatory School

Cartier Brothers College Prep is one of the most prestigeous all boys high schools in the region. Many pay thousands of dollars in tuition to send their students here. Prime Minister Boudreau is a graduate of the school. The school is also known for its athletic programs, some say the schools atheltics are as good as some MICA D3 schools. The school recently renovated its football stadium, and the schools hockey team is also doing well this year.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 SLR-SJH-CHALLENGE-CUP-13
Cartier Brothers College Prep hockey player carries the puck in a recent game

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 6138785249_37e9289e1c_z
Cartier Brothers College Prep football won the championship this past season

Cartier athletics are popular due to the fact that it is not an easy drive to the nearest pro sports in the region. With the Quad Cities being consistently given the worst traffic rating in the country, many citizens choose to watch the Commandos play. In fact the new Community Center was built with the schools hockey team in mind. The ice arena inside can seat 1,500 people.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 PopeCity-Apr8121356816601_zpsf416022a
Pope City Community Center

As you might imagine Pope City is one of the most religous towns in the region. Many houses of worship are built to hold large amounts of people. The Al Bashir Mosque is the biggest and has been voted the most beautiful in the country. It is the main place of worship for the large percentage of muslims living here.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 PopeCity-Apr27121356816690_zpsb90cef85

That will be all for now, be sure to check back for more updates, which I hope will be more frequent in the new year Smile

Last edited by mayorm on 2012-12-29, 18:44; edited 3 times in total

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Looks great, good to see you updating again! Aren't the pics a bit small?

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Looking good, nice to see an update from you again mayorm. Smile

http://simopsis.com

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Oh they are bigger now Very Happy

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
The updates are great as usual, your suburbs are very nice. Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Republicmaster- Thanks, I had a little problem with photobucket at first causing them to be small.
Simlink- Thank you. I'm enjoying updating anc showing my cities to everyone again Smile
CoastRunner- Thank you, I've been working on my suburban city building.

Today we will be visiting New Chatham again, and taking a look around the campus of the University of New Chatham. The University has been growing rapidly in recent years, purchasing land and buying up much of the exsisting residential, commercial, and industrial development. Recent additions to the campus include new dorms, classrooms, library, football stadium and hockey arena, as well as road improvements and much more.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Jul164431356902997_zps792ba5cd
Many restaurants sit just outside the campus

Many restaurants have been built around the campus, including Taco Bell and Tim Horton's. Many of these restaurants have special hours, for example Taco Bell stays open until 4am closes and then opens for the day again at 6am. Also seen in the picture is the entrance to the campus on Avenue of the Saints the entrance also is home to the campus police.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Jul114431356902974_zpsfe00f625
University Village is the recently constructed dorm complex

University Village is one of the new additions on campus, with room for and additional 2,500 students. Located on the western edge of campus they are close to the library, student union and many of the new restaurants built around campus.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Jul214431356903016_zpse310f8f9
Edwards Hall and Emily Redman Memorial Library

The University has also finished renovating Edwards Hall, although some students refer to it as New Edwards Hall since the old building was wrecked down. Edwards is home to the school's business program. Across from Edwards is the new Emily Redman Memorial Library, this new library includes many modern amenities such as an internet cafe, and study areas. With the new library students don't have to drive a few blocks to the nearest city library branch.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Jun134441356903759_zps32cbbade
T.C. Parker Student Union was the old high school

The university also bought the old high school and elementary school buidings after the school board decided to merge the school into other parts of the district. The high school building was converted into the Student Union, and math classroom building. The pool is also used for swimming and diving competitions, and the gym was renovated and is the home of Huskies basketball. The elementary school is currently being converted into more classrooms.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Jun144441356903782_zpsb41ea0d1
Pepsico Hall and Nashlaud Hall both overlook the football stadium.

Pepsico Hall was the former location of Pepsi regional headquarters. After moving to a new office downtown New Chatham, the University bought the building and began renovating it into new classrooms and administration offices. Nashlaud Hall located to right is home to the Sports Administration, Broadcasting, and Sports Therapy programs.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Dec164431356903198_zps399fb51d
Overview of the John Weston Stadium, and Sim Cellular Centre

The University also built a new 35,000 seat football stadium, John Weston Stadium. The field is unique in the fact that the university pays respects to its former Bighorns athletics nickname. Since 2003 the schools athletics teams have played under the Huskies nickname. Esso Centre is the new state of the art 14,000 seat arena affectionately known as Siberia and is home to the Huskies ice hockey program.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 NewChatham-Sep124441356903954_zpsd592788f
Overview of the Western part of the university campus

Please check for more updates, hopefully next time we can look around the other parts of the campus.

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Wow, nice campus. Inspiring for the HD uni campus I may build. Very Happy Also there is a Tim on campus/near campus... good choice. Wink

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very inspiring uni campus Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
Nice work here Matt Smile

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
I like it, a mishmash much look modern universities in non-rural settings. Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 26721

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Nice stuff Razz

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Simlink- Thank You, I figured some of Tim Horton's coffee would help those all niters Razz
111222333444- Thank You Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 26721
K50- Thank you
Coastrunner- Thank you, this was the first time I had built the campus instead of using the maxis university
Republicmaster- Thank you

We are back with a short sports update today, work and life has kept me busy but I'm going to find some time to work on my cities and update here again. Even if the updates are just small bits and pieces and not actual tours of certain areas.

Today though we will preview the upcoming Intercity League Baseball season. 2012 was a great season with many teams in the league enjoying great success, capped off with a Championship series win by the New Chatham Crosscutters which is their 5th overall. Below you will find a picture of all the franchise logos for the 2013 season.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 ILBLogos2013_zps072a78ca
Left to Right: Ste. Frederic Foreurs, New Chatham Crosscutters, Carson City K9s, Bel Guarde Batters, White Water Whirl, Apple Grove Apple Sox, Waumpaum Blackjacks, Renior Riverhawks, Blue Mountain Bears, Siles Mountain Sting, Port Charlotte Jays, Kane River Cougars, Cantonowa Cannons, Dawes Creek Drillers

There have been some changes to the league as you can see if you look back at other years. First the Ste. Frederick Foreurs, and Renior Riverhawks have both updated their respective logos. Waumpaum is now under new ownership and has changed their name and logo to the Waupaum Blackjacks, and after struggling last year in Shannnon City the franchise was moved to Dawes Creek to become the Dawes Creek Drillers.

Many teams have started spring training earlier this week with the season set to start in two weeks. Spring Training games will start on Friday, with each team playing 5 Games next week. The league has been preparing to capitalize on the success from last season, in addition to each franchises respective radio broadcasts, MBN (Marquette Broadcasting Network) has signed on to broadcast games on TV this season. Fans will be able to watch games aired on MBN, and MBNSports nationwide.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 3 MLU+-+Extended
Blue Mountain Bears Spring Training began last week

We will take a look at many of the ILB games over the course of the season, so stay tuned for more updates

Last edited by mayorm on 2013-05-05, 15:24; edited 2 times in total

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Nice work, good to see you back! Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Thank you Simlink!

Now for a bit of news, the Quad Cities will be disappearing as I rebuild Marquette from the ground up! You can expect some great new history, sports, cities, custom content, hopefully I will be using all RHW in the new CJ. I plan on having better storytelling and presentation of my CJ as well. All this and more awaits in a bigger, better, bolder version of Marquette. With both new and old mixing together!

However I will be taking the approach of out with the old in with the new so this CJ will be locked.

I will be unveiling the NEW Republic of Marquette in a week or so!

K50  

K50
Admin
You won't regret using all RHW! Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum