Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
After much deliberation from the U.S. and Canada the Republic of Marquette has been formed. This is huge achievement for the citizens of the country as they have always been somewhat independent from the U.S.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) Flag
The new Marquette Flag

The blue side represents the many rivers, and Lake Canada the largest lake in the country. The Green side represents the land and wildlife that is so important to the country. The Golden Dragon represents strength and power, and determination.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) CoatofArms-1
The country's Coat of Arms

Government:
The government is currently set up as a Parliamentary Republic and is based out of the capital city of New Chatham. Currently Parliament is split equally with 25 seats held by the MCP (Marquette Conservative Party) and the other 25 seats held by members of the MNLP (Marquette National Liberal Party), making up the total of 50 seats. Prime Minister Louie Marc Boudreau was elected after his 5 tenure as mayor of Ste. Frederic.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) NewChatham-Feb234191322971684
The Marquette Parliament Building on the bank of the Chatham River

The Marquette Supreme Court hears all cases that escalate to a national level, and also oversees the actions of Parliament to make sure their decisions are within the limits of the Marquette Doctrine signed two days after the country's independence. The old Chateau de Claremont was recently converted into the Supreme Court building.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) NewChatham-Jun124201323018401
The Marquette Supreme Court building and the beautiful grounds around it

Demographics:
The country has a population of roughly 2.6 million. Made up of 68% English speaking and 30% French speaking citizens, with another 2% of other languages. The country covers about 650 square miles, however 90% of the population resides in the Quad Cities Metro Area. Major population centers are as follows:

New Chatham: 500,000
Port Charlotte: 400,000
Renior: 350,000
Kane River: 300,000
Ste. Frederic: 200,000
White Water: 55,000

Ste. Frederic is the only city among that list located outside of the Quad Cities Metro Area.

Economy:
Marquette has a growing economy which is still recovering from a recession that caused many to lose their jobs, and widespread abandonment. However revitalisation projects have transformed the urban landscape cutting all abandonded buildings nearly 65%. In fact unemployment is at its lowest, near 2.6%, and manufacturing jobs have risen substantially. Major exports include petroleum products, chemicals, and timber.

Last edited by mayorm on 2011-12-09, 18:46; edited 3 times in total

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
D: D: D: Nice!

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Nice building! Great starter update.

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) AIN_Logo

The Alliance of Independent Nations approved Marquette as an Associate Member of the union. The approval fulfills Prime Minister Boudreau's promise to seek out a way to help broaden the country's trading partners, and develop strong military and economic ties with other countries. This announcement by the AIN was celebrated throughout the country today as Boudreau has fulfilled his number 1 promise after being elected last January.

K50  

K50
Admin
I hope you have more fun in it than I did, congrats on making it.

samerton  

samerton
Congratulations in joining the AIN!

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Congrats!

BTW, the stars on the AIN logo have been removed (due to the fact that there are soo many nations there) Razz

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Today we will take a quick look at the MNFL or the Marquette National Football League, which is currently made up of 8 teams throughout the country and is very popular. After being formed last year by a group of investors from Cantanowa the league found many suitable stadiums and a wave of ownership groups came forward expressing interest in the league. The league is divided into two 4 team divisions that compete annually for the Founders Cup.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) MNFLTeams
From Left to right: New Brunswick Nighthawks, Port Charlotte Conquest, Rhorerstown Rebels, Kane River Stormers, Renoir Riversharks, Ste. Frédéric Esprit (spirit), Baie Saint-Laurent Vikings, Duchense Greenhawks

Teams play in a range of stadiums, from the large stadiums of Renior, and Kane River, to college stadiums like that of Duchense, and Rhorerstown. And even some small stadiums like in New Brunswick.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) Renoir-Apr161851296583601
Stade Jacques Renoir (Jacques Renior Stadium) named after the city's founder is the largest Marquette National Football League Stadium

Stade Jacques Renior and Vetrans Coliseum in Kane River are the largest MNFL stadiums each seating 60,000, and the smallest stadium in the league is New Brunswick's which seats just over 10,000.

Last edited by mayorm on 2012-01-03, 13:22; edited 1 time in total

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Cool!

samerton  

samerton
That's a huge stadium...!

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
The logos look good, and the stadium looks like a tough place for visiting teams to play

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) Repliesbanner
111222333444- Thank you
Samerton- It is among the largest of MNFL stadiums Smile
yoda87- Thank you, and yes many teams visiting the Riversharks do have a tough time playing there

Today I would like to show a side project of mine, a new airport to replace New Chatham Capital Airport

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) NiskananPlaines-Sep24311325451033

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
Nice Airport! And I love the Staduim!

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Neat!

Hey Frex!

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Frex_Ceafus- Thank you, the airport is a work in progress but Ilike to say its the best I've made Smile
30- Thank you

It's that time of year again, the Quad Cities Area High School Hockey championship is down to the final 4 teams.

This year the powerful North Waumpaum Knights squad ended the season at 25-5-0. The team also dominated in the playoffs, beating school rival Wilson Waumpaum High School, and then going on to beat Chatham Central, and earning a spot in the final four in doing so.

Brookstone High School came out of no where this season, a brand new school in the growing suburb of Apple Hill, Brookestone wasn't expected to do much this year. But after finishing the regular season at 16-10-4 the Red Barons team went into the playoffs and beat out Siles Mountain High School, and then just slipped past Renior-Ross to earn a spot in the final four.

Central Catholic has had success in the past years, losing in the final two years ago, and losing in the second round of the playoffs last year. This year the Cougars look to win the championship. With a 15-15-0 record this season, the team just got into the playoffs. They went on to roll over Lakeview College Prep, and also pumbleing Port Charlotte West.

Davison High School started off the season on the wrong foot. But got back on track and finished up with a 17-11-2 record. The Daggers went into the playoffs and were faced with a much better Betty Saxon Apple Grove team, but the Daggers held their own. Moving onto to beat Jackson Memorial High, earning the Daggers thier first final four spot in school history.

Below are some team jerseys:
Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) QCHighschoolhockey

samerton  

samerton
Great photo editing there!

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
The airport has a little..... short runways. But yay @ football as always! Very Happy

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Oooh Nice Razz

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Samerton- Thank you, I just took a jersey template off google and colored it in paint, and copied and pasted the logos on. Smile
Skimbo- Yes, unfortunately I was confined to a small city tile. I think I may build the runway on the city tile next to the airport so that it in theory would be longer, but split between two city tiles.
111222333444- Thank you

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) Newspaper16

samerton  

samerton
Ooh, I love that news report. The website looks very professional.

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
The site is :O Nice! Razz

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Samerton- Thank you
111222333444- Thank you

Just some news for all of you. I will be making an Update Banner tomorrow or over the weekend.

Update

Today for the first update showing some pictures of the metro area, we will visit a western suburb located on the southern shores of Lake Canada, the town of Baie Ste. Claire. Recently this once quiet, sleepy town, has seen growth in the form of highrises, and traffic and new construction. So lets start our quick tour.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) BaieSteClaire-Oct27331332297080
A of view of some condos and apartments

The recent growth of the metro area has placed more residential demand in the area, and the Baie Ste. Claire city council was pressured into approving the rights to build highrises. As you can see, it didn't take developers long before they got started.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) BaieSteClaire-Oct8331332296998The city's Yacht Club and Waterfront

With the new influx of sims moving into the area, the marina and yacht club was built along the shore of Lake Ontario. The Baie Ste. Claire Waterfront is owned and operated by MarqAqua the same waterfront developer that owns the Port Charlotte Harbour District. The Baie Ste. Claire Waterfront and Yacht Club is soon anouncing its renovation plan to add more shops and boat tie ups. Currently home to a few shops, and Seaside Sammy's Restauran the city council wants to add more to make the waterfront a local tourist destination much like Port Charlotte's.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) BaieSteClaire-Oct17441332299322The Chateau de Clairemont

Located on Rue De Clairemont, the Chateau de Clairemont hosts many galas and balls throughout the year. It is also used by Marquette Federal Government Officials when hosting Delegates and is to be used to bid for the next AIN Summit. The Chateau also contains the offices for the Department of Transportation, and was the former home of the Ministry of Defense and Foreign Affairs until the construction on their current buildings was completed.

Next update should be another sports update, unless I'm excited to show off some of my latest work in SC4

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Where did you get that building on the third pic?

Incredible! Very Happy

samerton  

samerton
Wow... I love the second picture. Great work as always.

K50  

K50
Admin
Yes, I also liked the second picture.Thumbs Up

But I have to critisize.... the windfarm on the first picture doesn't look very good. I think you should develop it or make it a park Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum