Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

151The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-07, 15:59

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-01

Welcome back to Seina, in the Monte Calida province of Cattala. Today we’re going to be looking at a recent development in the east of the town.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-02

In this area of Seina, small streams and rivers navigate their way around, and in some cases under, homes. Here we can see the small pond that was featured last time we were in Seina.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-03

To the south of the development is a small farm, that benefits greatly from co-operation with the local industry. The olives that you see here will spend part of their lives stored in the local warehouses of Seina.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-04

Moving north again, we see construction is ongoing on another development of homes and workplaces. But because of this work, the stream that flows eastwards has been blocked off. Needless to say, local environmentalists have been very angry.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-05

After that brief trip north, we head to the west of the village. Do you remember that concrete structure that was under construction? This is it.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-06

Seina Church now towers over the village, and the statue of the Virgin Mary above it looks towards the west coast of the country, past the newly-built gardens in front of the church.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-07

Here we see my first piece of major editing in a while, I hope it’s not over the top. This shows how the church is a new addition to the town and stands out.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-08

To end with today, I’d like to know what you want to see built here, and whether the stream should be allowed to run it’s course again, or remain blocked up.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent10-09

152The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-10, 17:19

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
What a great church! I love how you show the contruction pictures too. Also the rest of the town looks great. Great Work Very Happy

153The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-12, 14:17

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
sweet i love it Very Happy

154The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-21, 17:03

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-01

Welcome to Daernos, in Monte Calida province. To celebrate this milestone, we’re looking at how one small Cattalian village has adapted to modern challenges.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-02

Daernos is a village that has flooded over 240 times in the past two centuries, with 40 major floods in past fifty years. Now the provincial Government has been granted a ₴425 million flood defence program, which will allow for the flood defences of dozens of small villages like Daernos to be upgraded.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-03

Before the funding was agreed, the only defence the farms and village had from flooding was a few small trees that had been planted on an abandoned farm 20 years ago. All the farmhouses you can see here were flooded three times in 2009 alone.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-04

Even in the village, the most important road in and out of Daernos was regularly flooded by the unguarded tributaries that feed the Romeggi.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-05

The Daernos Agricultural Association had petitioned the provincial Government for money for twelve years before it was approved. They argued that six villages have been abandoned in the past 25 years as a direct result of flooding.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-06

One of the first improvements made to the flood defences was the construction of a series of artificial dykes along the river. These will protect the farms from flooding until industrial-scale dredging and concrete embankments can be constructed.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-07

Trees have also been planted along the banks of much of the river, to encourage afforestation and to secure the banks from erosion.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-08

Bridges, sluice gates and road upgrades are also being planned for much of the river. An ambitious dual-lane bridge is also planned for the Romeggi, which will relieve congestion across the Ambaccia Bridge.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-09

Thanks to the improved flood defences, Daernos now has it’s own power station, which will provide electricity for the entire village when it comes online next year, after further dykes are constructed.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent11-10

Thank you for viewing Cattala’s 50th update! Smile

155The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-22, 12:09

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great uodate, its nice watching your rural villages becoming more modern. Also congradulations on the 50th update Applause

156The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-24, 14:00

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celesteu1501

Welcome back to the capital of Cattala – where today we’re focusing on the Alder Hill district of Celeste. Here we see the nation’s historic police HQ.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U15-02

Since we last visited the political heart of the Kingdom, I’ve made a few changes to the layout of it. All the buildings we see here are Government owned – in fact every single thing you see in this mosaic is managed and run by the Government.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celesteu1503

These offices were once part of the British Empire’s colonial offices here in Cattala – now they’re administration buildings and offices for Assembly Members and Lord Senators.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U15-04

Near the Parliament building is the Alder Hill Market– the most prestigious outdoor market in the entire Seven Provinces. Every Saturday this market is bustling with tourists, locals and travellers from across Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U15-05

To the north of the market we reach the centre of Alder Hill. The rows of imperial buildings seen here stretch on for half a mile, and are the residences of ambassadors, Lord Senators and Assembly Members.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U15-06

In the heart of Alder Hill, we see the numerous Ministerial offices, and in the top of the image the six Provinicial Consulates, representing the other provinces of Cattala here in the capital. Alder Hill Green was developed after the buildings in it’s location were destroyed during the Second World War.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U15-07

To end this update, we’re taking a look at Crimson Tower in Franogei. It was also built after the war, and used to be the headquarters for Royal Media International, before they moved to their state-of-the-art complex in central Franogei.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U15-08

157The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-27, 15:02

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Brunswick-U05-01

Thank you for visiting Cattala today – and welcome back to Ontano Island! Today we’re visiting the coastal village of Lucigno, which is the most southerly place in Lessito Province, shown on the graphic in green.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Brunswick-U05-02

Lucigno has some of the best views of the Roumeli Strait, however it’s spectacular views have been a help and a hindrance over the years.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Brunswick-U05-03

This south-eastern coastline often suffers from strong storms and coastal flooding during winter months, and this has lead to the village needing it’s coastal barriers upgraded in the past decade.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Brunswick-U05-04

However in summer months, Lucigno is one of the region’s most popular rural resorts, due to it being home to three main beaches.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Brunswick-U05-05

To end with today, a quick look at Plemora village again. I hope you enjoyed this return to Ontano.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Brunswick-U05-06

158The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-27, 15:23

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Both updates are fantastic!! I love how each of your cities look, your government buildings look great, each one has a unique layout. And your rural area is just spectacular, a great turn around from the capital Very Happy

Keep it Thomas cheers

159The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-02, 11:48

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thanks Mayorm!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent12-01

After a long time away, it’s time to return to Cattala. I’d like to begin by apologising for my absence – my exams really did prevent me from even touching my Simcity game, let alone building anything. We start off today at Altura Town Hall, home to the local parish council and some city offices.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent12-02

Moving along the coast this fine morning, we can see the sun is beginning to rise over a new area of Calora – Oviglio. Well, it’s not actually new – just new to us!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent12-03

But before we see Oviglio in more detail, we’re returning to Altura just before the morning rush hour begins. Here is the western fringe of Altura, an area we didn’t visit in the last update. State-owned flats were built here in the 60s and some of the city’s poorer residents have to live here.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent12-04

Along the waterfront, many of the city’s most famous and sought-after tapas bars and restaurants are found, with the lucky few who manage to get tables having wonderful views of the Bay of Calora.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent12-05

Here we see a small mosaic showing off some of the western points of Altura, which we’ve visited today. Piazzas, politics, boutiques and businesses co-exist side by side on the western coast of Calora.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Caloraent1206

And finally, to end today’s update, a look at the coast of Oviglio late at night. I hope you enjoyed the return to Calora. We will be back later in the week with another update. Smile

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent12-07

160The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-02, 13:40

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Very nice work Thomas! It's no surprise that you won an SMPCA award last winter for this DD. It's nice to see you back in the community. Smile

161The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-02, 15:35

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I was just beginning to wonder why Cattala hasn't been updated.

But upon your return from your short hiatus, you provide some wonderful shots of this beautiful beach town.

162The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-04, 15:29

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you both. Sadly my exams really did swamp me - but the good news is I don't have any more until December, and I start my summer holidays in a couple of weeks, so rest assured Cattala will be appearing on your screens more regularly this summer!

163The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-06, 16:02

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U16-01a

Welcome back to the capital, where today we’re taking a quick look at a couple of edited images. To start with, a panorama of Franogei. This is my first big panorama, so please be as critical as possible so I know where to improve. Please click to see full size!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celesteu1602

And for our second and last image, a view of the state-of-the-art Vittoria Hospital in northern Celeste. Thanks for visiting Cattala today!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Celeste-U16-03a

164The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-07, 01:53

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great pictures, the area in that first picture looks very nice. Very Happy

165The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-08, 12:04

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
Is that a carousel in the lower rihgt of the last picture? I would love to see more of this city, it looks like it has both modern and colonial areas which is a nice touch to have. Very Happy

166The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-10, 12:30

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent13-01

Welcome back to Altura and Oviglio, two districts of Cattala’s second largest city, Calora. Starting off we can see Altura Town Hall in the evening.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent13-02

Once again I’m trying a panoramic image – You can see both Altura and Oviglio in the late evening here. One place to note is the train station in the centre of the image. This is one of the most congested stations in Cattala, and is due an upgrade in the coming months. LINK: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/696/caloraent1303.jpg/

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Caloraent1303

Here we can see another image of Altura’s industrial buildings, social housing and private housing, spruced up with a bit of colour.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Calora-ent13-04

To end with today, a larger image showing the shoreline of Oviglio.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Caloraent1305

167The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-11, 18:05

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
This diary is always interesting to me. You have great looking architecture, and also the way your landscaping is done, is very nice. I always love to see how you make everything (don't say this word much Rolling Eyes) beautiful Very Happy

Keep up your awesome diary Applause

168The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-11, 21:52

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great work Thomas! Very Happy I love your nice little beach town here, especially that building in the first picture. Also your Panoramic view is very interesting, I have never seen anything like that before.

As Brenn said:

Keep up yout awesome diary Applause

169The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-16, 13:55

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you both - I'm really glad that you both like it so much.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-01

Jennai. Cattala’s largest city – home to over a third of the country’s residents and the economic powerhouse of the nation. Welcome back to Cattala, where today we begin in the far south-east of the province of Jennai, in Santa Cecilia.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-02

Santa Cecilia is a modern town on the south east coast of the Jennai Bay. Historically, it was the last Cattalian town seen when people fled the country during World War Two, and was the first town to be liberated by the British 6th Army in 1943.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-03

The town’s main industries are fishing, and tourism. It’s waterfront is the central attraction, and a lot of money has been invested in repairs and renovation over the years.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-04

Away from the shore, many of the residents and visitors to Santa Cecilia enjoy themselves in the town’s park, which is home to a plaza, some small café’s and a lake.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-05

To the south of the park, is a sprawl of houses, apartments and hotels. The closer to the bay you are, the more expensive the houses and hotels become.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-06

The city of Jennai is protected by the Metropolitan Police, who have a station in the centre of Santa Cecilia, and are the largest police force in the country.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-07

To end with today, I was asked recently about what hotels there are in Calora – so here’s the Viemi hotel, in Marcillera.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Jennai-U01-08

170The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-18, 03:05

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great pictures thomas, I really love the harbor you have there. Very Happy Your beach towns are really something to behold.

171The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-18, 03:15

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
That is really Nice!

172The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-25, 15:09

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you both. Also, the water mod shown in that update has now been replaced so it will look even better now. Smile

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-01

Welcome back to Seina, in the province of Monte Calida. Today we’re seeing how the village continues to grow and prosper and also a few special images of the village will be shown.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-02

Construction work alongside the main road in Seina had been on going for a while now. Here we see an old image of the early stages of the development, where the first new homes completed were apartments.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-03

Fast forward a few months and the initial community, which is on the right of this image, is now complete and people have begun moving in. The woodland on the other bank of the stream has now been removed and construction is about to begin.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-04

A new farmer has built a lavish home for himself and his family, with views over… the construction site at the moment! Let’s hope the fumes from the trucks don’t kill off his harvest.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-05

And now onto to the special images for this update – my first real night shots of Seina! Here we see the boundary between the new estate and older buildings.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-06

Here we see the new homes that have been built alongside the stream. Now they’ve all been built and nearly all the families have moved in.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-07

To end the night shots, an overview of South Seina at night.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-08

But finally to end the update overall, a glance at much more of Seina in the daytime.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Seina-ent12-09

Last edited by thomas on 2011-07-26, 08:02; edited 2 times in total

173The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-25, 16:09

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
:O Nice

174The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-26, 08:02

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thanks! And the link problem with the last image has now been fixed.

175The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 7 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-07-26, 11:57

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
The town is really growing, i remember when it was just a few small buildings with like two roads through town. Very Happy Great update Thomas

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum