Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

126The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-27, 06:54

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-02

Good morning and welcome to Celeste, where today we’re starting off early in the day, in the eastern fringes of Vittorius, a northern suburb of Celeste.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-03

Near the railway line that signifies the end of Vittorius district, is a modern Gallery that has hosted expositions and special events for over a decade.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-04

Here’s an overview of the east of Vittorius, built around the Fiume Celeste. This area is located due north of Franogei, so the apartments were constructed at the same time.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-05

Here we see a view of the river from the top of Lassereth House.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-06

And here is the centrepiece of Vittorius – the palace. Victoria Palace was dedicated to Queen Victoria, and was home to the Governor of Cattala during the imperial years. Now it is the main residence of the current royal family. The palace lies on the southern edge of Vittorius, and on the fringes of Franogei.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-07

Here we see the embassy of the Atlantic Federation, which is located on the edge of the Fiume Celeste, which navigates straight through Vittorius.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U11-08-1

To end with, an overview of the Veratlantian Centre and the Vittorius Gallery at night.

127The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-27, 16:44

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Sad I missed your last update, so... I love that single rail line, any chance I could get a link to it so I can download it? Also that last shot of the river is great, (I was tempted to make it my desktop background).

Now on this most recent update, I must say that I love how you show us a more traditional rural village, and then on the next update contrast it with a more modern but colonial syled city. Very Happy

Keep it up, and I really wish more people would give you feedback here. Thumbs Up

128The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-03-29, 15:18

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Hehe, thanks mayorm - I wish more people would comment too. Sad
Here's a link to the STR: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1996

And thanks again for commenting.

129The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-03, 14:27

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U12-01

Welcome to Vittorius once again, and time for a brief update this weekend. Sorry about not being around much over the past few days. I hope you enjoy this mosaic from the capital city of the United Kingdom of Cattala…

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celesteu1202

130The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-05, 17:46

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice. I love those brick streets and canals. Very Happy

131The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-09, 16:55

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you Mayorm.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-01

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-02

Welcome to Cattala once more, this time for an overview update! Today we’ll be looking more at Cattala as a nation, it’s location and we’ll take a general look at all of it’s major cities and towns. Well, the ones that I’ve built, that is.

Below is the most recent map of Cattala. Most of these cities we have seen, and the map is quite self-explanatory.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-03

Here we see all of the provinces of Cattala, and their flags. Jennai Province is the most populated, whilst the Ionian Province is the smallest and least populated province. Rhodes is the newest province, having joined the Kingdom in September 2010.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-05

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-06

Now we’ll take a quick look at the major towns and cities that we’ve already seen in Cattala, with brand new images from each one!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-07

First up is the capital city of Cattala, Celeste. The historic capital was heavily developed during the British colonial era, but was heavily damaged by both the Italian invasion of 1861 and the Second World War. Since then, Celeste has been reconstructed into it’s former self, keeping the imperial charm that makes it unique.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-08

Next is the second biggest city of Cattala, and former capital Calora. This city is defined by it’s massive urban sprawl, which occurred when it was home to the island’s largest port. Nowadays the docks are redundant and most people commute to Jennai or Celeste, or work in the industrial and commercial district of Lagos.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-09

Moving east, the town of Seina is a traditional Mediterranean community that has been barely influenced at all by colonists and modern life. Some of the country’s wealthiest people live in sheltered mansions in the forests surrounding Seina.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-10

San Pietro is the southernmost town on the main island of Cattala, and is found in a mountainous valley. On a clear day, you can see the industrial city of Jennai from Saint Peter’s Church.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-11

Now we’re travelling off of the mainland for the first time, to visit South Ontano. This region is home to Brunswick town and dozens of small farming villages and is the most fertile part of the Holy Regno.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-12

To the north of Brunswick is the area known as Aldoak, the British name for the largest town in Ontano. The north of the island is considerably more mountainous and less populated than the rolling valleys of Brunswick.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-13

One of the most northerly villages is Eurellia, a small community in the north east of Ionia Island. Eurellia was one of the first places that was bombed by Italian forces in the Second World War, and the population relies heavily on agriculture and tourism for it’s income.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Overview1-14

To end with, a few more facts about Cattala. To find out more, visit the Cattala forum at the AIN, or visit the AIN Wiki and select Cattala.

Note: This may be the last Cattala update here on Sim Mania, due to a lack of interest from the public here.

132The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-09, 20:07

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow great work on your nation. I love those maps those are great. I do have one question, did you actually build the military bases shown or are those just the maxis army bases?

Great work Very Happy

133The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-10, 03:07

K50  

K50
Admin
It's certainly custom... Thomas and Cattala is allergic to Maxis content Razz

134The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-10, 15:53

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
I don't think I've ever shown my military bases, except a small one in Celeste. They're both SimNationMilitary bases. I haven't worked on them for nearly a year, so they're pretty shoddy work.

And yes - I am allergic to Maxis.

135The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-11, 13:49

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
wow you've got a great CJ going on here,very nice pics Applause

136The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-12, 16:15

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you reaper88! I'm glad you like it.

Today we've got a slightly different update. Recently I updated the [url]="http://www.aoin.eu/t3090-history-of-cattala"[/url] History thread with some images of the past in Cattala. For this update, I'm going to show you those images, without the boring text.

Here we see how most Cattalian's lived in the early 19th century. Most people were employed in agriculture, and the very poorest were subsistence farmers.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-01

Once the British colonised Cattala in 1814, Ontano Island’s agricultural industry boomed as local delicacies became popular with the wealthy immigrants, and vast swathes of the island was renamed as two central towns were created – Aldoak and Brunswick.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-02

Celestine, now known as Celeste, had lost its status as the seat of the Royal Family, and much of the north of the city was absorbed by Calora, and only the northern town of Vittorius remained affluent as the rest of the city lost it's wealth and aristocratic citizens.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-03

Following Italian unification in 1861, Cattala was seized by Italian forces and spent half a century in poverty and depression as the wealth of the British Crown dried up. Cattala continued to descend into economic ruin after the First World War, and a violent uprising took place. The Rome-employed President of Cattala was publically executed and the Union Flag was hoisted above his residence as a symbol of this declaration.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-05

Harvests picked up in the 1930s, as the rural population levelled out and drought ended. However the next war would devastate Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-06

Following Axis invasion, occupation and devastation, and a counter-invasion in 1943 by British and American troops, Cattala was liberated and reconstruction began. Here we see the repaired Parliament, with most of Celeste having been rebuilt so that work on creating a new Government and economy could begin.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-07

The monarchy was also re-introduced, with Marco Bonnecelli, the grand-nephew of the former King, taking the crown.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-08

The Church of Cattala was reformed and brought into line with the Catholic Church, and entered full communion with it's Roman brother for the first time in over two centuries.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-09

In the Sixties, the country moved away from agriculture as it's main industry, and new technologies such as nuclear and finance grew rapidly as Cattala became a modern, Western society, with massive English influence.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-10

By the 1990s, the public sector was lagging behind and was inefficient. A new political party, Il Popolo, took control of the country for 10 years, and made massive investments are reforms to education, security, healthcare and the military.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 History-11

137The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-13, 20:24

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice update. I like how you show Cattala growing through time Smile Very nice.

138The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-14, 11:54

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
great update Wink

139The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-14, 15:51

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you once again Mayorm and reaper88.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U13-01

Starting off today’s proceedings we have a short mosaic of Franogei, and Victoria Palace. Now we get a sense of how close the Palace is to Cattala’s wealthiest district.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celesteu1302

However Victoria Palace is not a part of Franogei. Welcome to Amadeus, the pinnacle of Celeste. Cattala’s three most powerful families currently live here.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U13-03

Victoria Palace was constructed by Prince Amadeus of Celestine in 1865, and was dedicated to Queen Victoria. Amadeus reigned and died here, and ever since then, this Palace has been the home of Cattala’s head of state. It was reclaimed by the monarchy in 1919 following the revolution, and again in 1951 when the monarchy was re-instated.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U13-04

To the south-east of Victoria Palace is the home of the Divine Soul of the Church, the head of the Cattalian Catholic Church. He is the third most powerful person in Cattala, behind the Queen and the political leader, Lord Celestine.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U13-05

Prince Amadeus also constructed a vast manor house for his wife, Marie, to live in once he had died. The Solium is now the home of Lord Celestine, the head of the Cattalian Government.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U13-06

Here we see the vast estate that is the Solium, and the view from the grand windows of the manor house. The wealthiest homes of Franogei also border this land. In the 19th century, the Lords and Ladies of Cattala lived in these homes.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celesteu1307

To end today’s update, we see the view from the northern sides of both Victoria Palace and the Solium. I hope you enjoyed seeing the fourth district of Celeste.

140The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-14, 15:54

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
wow very amazing,i like the use of the canals Very Happy
and your city looks really green.

141The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-16, 15:37

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great mosaic. It looks like the city is also growing toward those estates. Again I love your different views of modern and rural cities. Applause

142The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-21, 17:54

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you reaper and mayorm: That's exactly what I was going for. Smile

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent10-01

Welcome back to Cattala’s second largest city. It’s been three months since we last visited Calora, and today we’re looking at the south-eastern suburb of Marcillera.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent10-02

Marcillera is an old beachfront town that hugs the eastern coast of Cattala. It’s a very popular area with tourists, but at this time of the morning the town remains very quiet.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent10-03

The majority of Marcillera’s income comes from tourism and therefore the funding for coastal defences, such as the sea wall that we see here, are dependent on how successful the town is during summer months.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent10-04

To end today’s update, we’re going to take a peek at Marcillera Beach first thing in the morning. I’m trying something new here with the tree line, so advice and guidance on how to improve that would be great.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent10-05

143The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-21, 19:15

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
i really like the beach Very Happy

144The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-21, 21:26

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I think the tree line looks good, but if this is a tropical area some more palm trees would be nice to see Very Happy But overall the town and beach looks good in my opinion.

145The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-23, 09:53

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Mayorm: Thanks, and I'll be adding more palm trees and stuff soon. Thank you for the advice.
Reaper: Thanks!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-01

Welcome to Ionia, the capital town of the Hellas province, in northern Cattala. Today we’re taking a look at ongoing construction in the suburb of Tilia.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-02

Tilia is built around a natural lake that is fed by the same river that flows through Eurellia to the north-east. Tilia Lake is used for pleasure boating and recreation during most months of the year, thanks to it’s warm, plentiful waters.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-03

On the northern shore of the lake, a 5-year construction project is entering it’s final phase. The construction of Tilia Waterfront Hotel has rejuvenated the local economy, and is due to open later this year.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-04

The views from the hotel extend for miles across the island – with splendid views of both the lake and Ionia itself. On clear days you can see past the town harbour and out to the Hellas Strait.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-05

The hotel isn’t the only part of the complex though – luxury apartments and lakeside offices have also been built. Some of the penthouses were sold for over half a million Ainero last year.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-06

To the west of the hotel complex is another major construction site. Western Lake is currently only in it’s first stage of construction, but the three-year long project is expected to expand northwards and will become a sprawling estate of homes and apartments.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-07

Here we see an overview of Western Lake. Flood defences, landscaping and waterfront beautification still need to be completed both in Western Lake and in Tilia Waterfront, ahead of the first residents moving in next month.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Ionia-ent2-08

146The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-23, 12:37

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
great update, the hotels will definately help eith tourism and boost the local economy Very Happy

147The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-29, 06:13

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thanks for commenting Mayorm, the hotel is going to massively boost the local economy as you say.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U14-01

Once again today we’re looking at Amadeus and Franogei. I’ve made a few additions to Franogei, so I thought I should show them to you. I hope you like this mosaic.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celesteu1402

We’re also going to take a look at a couple of overviews of Amadeus and Franogei, so that you get a better view of the size of the two areas.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U14-03

Here we see an overview of Franogei – at the top right you can see Lower Columbia Street and in the upper-middle of the image you can see the headquarters of Royal Media International. In a few updates time we’ll see what happened when Rmi’s modern offices were built here in the historic heart of the city.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U14-04

To end with today, a dedication image to the wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine Middleton. Being from the UK and being a monarchist myself, I thought I should add a bit of Royal Wedding fever to Cattala on this special day. Thank you for viewing Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Celeste-U14-05

148The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-04-29, 22:23

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great update Thomas Very Happy I love the colonial look of the city along those canals with the royal palaces. Great work, and I see you have a dedication to woodb3kmaster's CJ as well Very Happy

149The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-02, 12:55

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent11-01

Welcome back to Altura, in Calora. I’ve decided to completely rebuild Calora, so I hope you like the new-look Altura. We’ll start with a mosaic.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Caloraent1102

Here we see the southern and eastern part of Altura. The first image we saw was south-facing, this image is west-facing, towards the sea.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Caloraent1103

Here we see an overview of Altura. The hospital for the centre of the city, the local police station and a local school are all based here.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Calora-ent11-04

To end with today, another south-facing mosaic that takes you right to the edge of Altura.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Caloraent1105

150The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 6 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-05-02, 18:54

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice little town, looks like it is becoming more modern with that hospital there Very Happy

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum