Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-04-23, 19:20

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Nice job my teams in SLB AAA are from the Tri State of Cincinnati region. Fort Thomas Glory, Maysville Hilltoppers, and Cincinnati Colonels afilliate of the Linktoria Reds

27Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-04-23, 22:40

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Awesome paper, I bet it will be great also! Smile

28Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-04-24, 07:08

lightningrabbit010k  

lightningrabbit010k
Passerby
Passerby
i raly wish my cities looked as good as yours Sad

29Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-04-24, 20:41

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Update 5: Nice update. I noticed the large amount of transit in your cities. I also noticed the light rail around the edge of the first pic.

I also love your passion for whatever is going on in your region.

30Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-04-29, 18:19

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Wacky32: Thanks
dcmetro2834: I like to make a realistic looking newspaper.
lightningrabbit010k: The first step to making a good city is finding your playing style. Thanks for your comment
blakesterville: Thanks, yes transit is big in all my regions.

ust a note about the following update(s). First this is the early history of the Quad Cities which are located in the Federal Cities Republic (FCR). You will also see a lot of real life photos. These updates will follow a timeline and may get long sometimes. And now for the history of the Quad Cities, presented by QCHistory Channel

Update 6- Colonization and Birth of a Revolution:

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 2065

April 1617- A British ship is sailing across the Atlantic bound for the colony of Jamestown. On board there are 500 future colonists, however on the evening of day 2 of thier journey, they hit a storm and are blown off course. 3 days later they sail into what would become Port Charlotte Harbour.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 1stsettlers

After a few days of exploring they realize they are nowhere near Jamestown, And on May 1st the Westhampton Drafts are signed. These would eventually be modified to become the FCR Constitution.

May 1617- Colony of Charlotte founded under British rule. (Named after the British Queen at the time)
July 1622- British ships filled with colonists and goods land, and introduce Tobacco to the region. Tobacco would become a major export from the Charlotte Colony.
September 1622- British set up Fort Galvinson and the Colony is officially renamed Port Charlotte. Tobacco sales increase. Colony population is now at 700.
1634- Indians attack small settlements in the mountains to the east, British don't defend the colonists.
March 1645- New Chatham founded as a colony to the south of Port Charlotte. Colony populations increase to a total of 2,000
1700- Biritish now have a standing army in the Charlotte Colonies
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Williamsburg1CL050607_428x269_to_468x312

1755- Taxes raised to pay for army in the colonies. (This would become the first many acts to anger Colonists.)
1758- British take control of militias in the Charlotte Colonies. Exported goods are now taxed, and Tobacco sales are down leaving mosts colonists without many money.
December 1766- Representatives meet in 4 secret meeting places in Port Charlotte.
June 3 1767- Declaration of Independence, signed, and the Federal Cities Republic is chosen as the name for thier new country.
May 1770- King angered by Charlotte Colonies not being supportive ands raises taxes as punishment.
On may 18 British soldiers marching back to Fort Galvinson from New Chatham are fired on by 64 militia from local towns. Out the 1,000 British Soldiers, 300 are killed and at least 100 wounded, all 64 militia would be killed.
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Encamp4

31Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-02, 17:34

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Update 6 Continued- Revolution:

June 1770- Revolution is under way, British troops struggle to maintain control of Port Charlotte. Towns to the east have been surrendered to colonists. General Green now leads the FCR Militas in battle against the British, and Generaal Galvinson leads the British troops.
June 17-24- Battle of Drendenwold (FCR victory)
June 26- Battle of New Chatham (British Victory)
July 1- British troops surprise a group of Militia men at Amerken, and the Battle of Amerken takes place (British Victory)
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 6a00e008ddf47d883401157060fe02970b-800wi

July 1770- British troops winning most battles in the colonies, British Navy blockades Port Charlotte Harbour cutting off supplies from the French.
July 28- General Green's forces capture 3 cannons and take positions on top of biuildings close to the Naval Blockade. and at 3 am they open fire on the blockade sinking three ships and driving the British Naval forces farther out to sea.
August 1770- Britsh Naval Blockade defeated by Spanish Mercenaries. Britsh have lost control of the entire New Chatham Colony an he eastern areas of the Port Charlotte Colony.
August 12- British battle with French soldiers in the southern parts of the region. French have 1 small colony in that area.
August 15-27- General Green's foces siege Fort Galvinson, and succeed. General Green then moves forces toward the northern half of the colonies.
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Huge.83.416208

August 28- British lose control in the farmlands to the north of Port Charlotte
September 7 1770- British and the newly formed Federal Cities Republic sign a peace treaty.
September 28- the last of British troops are disbanded in the colonies.

FCR government set up as one country with New Chatham and Port Charlotte acting as city states.

32Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-04, 00:03

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Wow, very nice update! I really like your map! Very Happy

33Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-05, 23:38

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
very nice update here ..

i continue to be quite impressed with your historical information

and you city is still looking quite good as well

34Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-06, 22:45

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

dcmetro2834: Thanks, i didn't think the map was that good.
bben: Thanks, glad you like it

Update 7- Nyhaven District

I was inspired by woodb3kmaster's Midtown district, that he has been showing lately. So I decided to take the idea, and attempt to create something similar. I thank woodb3kmaster for his great city of Nyhaven for the inspiration. You can visit his CJ here link to Nyhaven

Anyway here is my midtown area, appropriately named the Nyhaven District. The Nyhaven District sits across the Westhampton River from downtown New Chatham. It is home to the small sub area of China town, and many theatres and other entertainment establishments are moving in. Now for an overview of the Nyhaven District:

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Sep14901273192746

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Nov24871273191022
QCTA's River line passes through the heart of the Nyhaven District.

Chinatown is a bustleing area filled with many unique shops, businesses, and some of the best Chinese resturants in the region. Most activity is centered around Nyhaven Blvd. You are encouraged to park and walk around Chinatown's streets.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Nov9791272032888-1
pic of the many shops, resturants, and other buildings around Nyhaven Blvd. All buildings have non-english neon signs.

There are three big theatres that have been built in the Nyhaven District, city planners were sent to Nyhaven's real midtown area to take note of everything there. And they noticed lots of theatres, therefore they have tried to make the Nyhaven District a huge theatre area.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Jun28901273192499

The Deadwood Theatre is one of the newest theatres in the Nyhaven District. It was built about a month ago, and is now set to open with its first show May 10, 2010. They will be presenting The Mousetrap for their first production.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Sep30901273199170
picture of the Imperial Theatre

The Imperial Theater has been around since the late 1970s, located in an old warehouse left from the old industrial area that was renovated into the Nyhaven District. The Imperial Theatre has been providing quality entertainment for citzens in New Chatham for a long time. In fact it is currently showing its 56th production, The Lion King.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Jun18901273192464
New Chatham Theatre and Opera House.

The New Chatham Theatre and Opera House, nicknamed the "The House" was built in late april, and was designed to have a classic look and atmosphere. Currently it is showing its production of All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten, which began showing on May 1 2010. More Theatres are planned to be constructed soon, along with a new sub area. Also city planners are working with QCTA officials to renovate the metro stations in the area to look more like the metro stations around Nyhaven. The New Chatham Zoo can also be found in the Nyhaven District.

We will continue with the history updates soon, and once again I give all credit to woodb3kmaster and his city Nyhaven which gave me the idea and inspiration for this project.
more updates soon, please comment

Last edited by mayorm on 2010-05-07, 20:56; edited 2 times in total

35Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-07, 00:02

Paulobrazilianguy  

Paulobrazilianguy
Passerby
Passerby
awesome buildings Smile

i liked how you made the rail-subway-rail again in the first pic, good job afro

36Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-07, 14:32

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Nice setup, and I really like the custom content! Smile

37Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-08, 08:49

meister1235  

meister1235
Town planner
Town planner
your complete CJ looks very good
i like it very much Smile

Surprised i see my garage in a pic Surprised

38Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-12, 20:10

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

Paulobrazilianguy: Thanks, yeah i mad it that way so you could see the Deadwood theater in the overview.
dcmetro2834: Thanks, yes I needed lots of custom content for this.
meister1235: Thanks, glad you like it.

News Update:

Here is another quick look at the news in the Quad Cities courtesy of the Quad Cities Times online.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Newspaper3

39Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-12, 21:42

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
really nice work here with the newspaper ..
looks quite authentic to me Smile

40Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-16, 15:26

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:
bben: thanks, I have tried to get an authentic, and realistic looking news website.

Update 8 Some Suburbs:

Today we will take a look at two suburbs, Vista River, and Ironwall.

Vista River is a large suburb of about 6,000 people, it has a small downtown, and a small industrial area, and thus is having some large budget problems, and is in risk of being bankrupt. It is served by QCTA Bus and Ferry Service, (QCTA ferry Service only serves Port Charlotte, New Chatham, and Vista River).

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 VistaRiver-Mar4091273898542
Some low wealth and middle class high rises along the river.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 VistaRiver-Mar8091273898557
A pic of the small downtown of Vista Ridge, and the Ferry dock.

Being north of New Chatham and South of Port Charlotte, most citizens of Vista Ridge commute to either two to attend the major sporting events in the region. However for those who don't want to go all over the Quad Cities Metro area, Hanes State University is sandwiched along the eastern bank of the river. Hanes State plays D1 hockey, basketball, volleyball, and baseball.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 VistaRiver-Feb5091273898467
A picture of the Hanes State Campus, and Ravens Arena

Just east of downtown New Chatham is the newly built up community of Ironwall. Ironwall is home to a current population 300 people, but is slowly clearing trees and forests for more neighborhoods.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Mar51251273901173
Two QCTA metro rail lines meet each other at the intersection of Greenbriar Ave. and Collins Rd.

more soon please comment

41Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-27, 16:39

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Now it is time for another news article

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 News4

42Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-05-31, 15:27

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
nice update

I thought the movie was good too, I guess I would have contributed to the ticket sales in your region Razz

43Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-01, 15:50

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

yoda87- Thank you

Update 9- Back to History:

With my computer that has Simcity installed being fixed (it fell while I was putting in a Stronghold disc) this is the perfect time to have another history update. This will showcase the time period when the Quad Cities region was transformed from its own country to become part a small county in the US. (note this a fictional region, therefore it does not become the real Quad Cities area)

June 1 1885- after 20 years of growth and prosperity the FCR is in an econimic depression, and at the same time has angered the one of its closest allies the United States.
June 12 1885- The US came to the FCR asking for a repayment of money that had been loaned to the FCR federal government 10 years earlier. And with the economy down the FCR is no condition to repay it.
June 21 1885- A British Merchant ship in the Atlantic is atacked by an FCR navy ship, and raided by soldiers. The supplies and goods taken are given to the US, in exchange for more time to reepay the loan.
July 7 1885- The empty British Ship arrives and spreads word of the attack, and being former colonies of the British, they send out one of the largest forces to ever attack the region.
July 30- 1885- The British force is spotted off the FCR coast, meanwhile the US after having not been repayed and also having nearby land attacked by FCR Militia, also send forces to join the British.
August 5- British navy ships open fire in the Port Charlotte Harbour, meanwhile US army regiments storm the FCR capital in New Chatham.
August 23- FCR surrenders and is ceeded to the US as payment for the previous loans, and the month long war effort.
Present day- The Quad Cities region has been happy under as a county in the Eastern US. Now the American flag flies in many yards, outside schools, county government offices, and other public areas.
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 American-flag

please comment study

44Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-03, 00:46

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
sorry to hear about your PC, Crying or Very sad hopefully you can be able to play again soon.

anyway nice update

45Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-03, 22:48

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Very nice CJ, it's a shame that the PC is not working. Sad

46Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-05, 13:39

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

yoda87- Thanks, and yes hopefully that will be soon
dcmetro2834- Thanks, its getting repaired.

Update 10- Tour of Quad Cities Sports:

Well my PC is still being fixed so there are no new in game pics for this update. Anyway today we will look into various sports around the Quad Cities. We will be wxamining stadiums, logos, and seating charts. First we will start with baseball:

Baseball is very popular in the Quad Cities, like it is in any other US metro area. The most beloved team in the metro area is the Port Charlotte Green Sox, and their minor league franchises. The Green Sox play in the SLB and currently are second place in thier division. Thier logo is shown below:
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Greensox

They play all of thier home games at The Stadium at Harbour Park (shown below).
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 PortCharlotte-Aug11061267225296
Picture of the Stadium at Harbour Park.

The Stadium at Harbour Park can seat 60,000 fans, plus it has standing room only for an additional 10,000. When the Green Sox are playing all you see in the stands is green and white. The seating chart shown below is for the stadium:
Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Baseballchart1

Tickets for Green Sox games are usually sold out 1 month in advance. If you don't feel like waiting to get a ticket, or simply live in another part of the region, you can head over to one of the two triple A league teams in the metro area.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Beavers
The New Chatham Beavers franchise was set up to play in the SLB this season, however they couldn't secure a posititon until thier new stadium was completed. Unfortunately the stadium wasn't finished in time for the major league start, so they became an SLB AAA league expansion franchise for this year, as well as becoming the temporary AAA afiliate for the Green Sox. They play all thier home games at Chatham Energy Field which also seats 60,000 since it was built for a major league team. The Beavers will be moving to the major league next season.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Flyers
The Fern Woods Flyers are also another SLB AAA franchise this year. Fern Woods was supposed to be the AAA afiliate for the Beavers, but when New Chatham was forced to play in AAA, Fern Woods was left independent. The New Chatham Vs. Fern Woods games are always intense seeing the planed afiliates play each other. Fern Woods plays thier home games in the suburb of Fern Woods at Fern Woods Ballpark which 10,000. The seating chart is shown below:

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 LJVzXb7R
Fern Woods Ballpark Seating Chart.

Now we move into indoor sports. Hockey is another popular sport, and with no current STHL teams in the metro area, the Portage Des Sioux franchise will be moving to New Chatham after having attendance problems last year. New Chatham will be home to the New Chatham Rivermen for the 2010-2011 season and they will play at the recently completed Central Chatham Bank Arena.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-May3761271718414
Central Chatham Bank Arena, and the Chatham Energy Field are shown in this picture

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 RivermenSeats
Seating Chart for hockey at Central Chatham Bank Arena.

Lacrosse has been rumored to be coming to the Quad Cities area, however it is not yet been confirmed by the STLL.

more updates soon please comment Smile

47Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-05, 21:25

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
I really enjoy the sports related angles..

anything having to do with sc 4.. and sports..

very nice job with the stadium here...

48Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-06, 15:56

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
I really like the seating charts and stadiums good job!

49Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-11, 00:52

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Replies:

bben- Thanks, personnally I also enjoy combining sports with simcity.
Wacky32- Thanks, but I have to share credit with those who actually made them. I found them on google and played around with them on paint.

Well everyone I was hoping to have an update this weekend but my PC is still being fixed Sad so hopefully I'll have one in another week or so.

50Quad Cities Region - Page 2 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2010-06-18, 14:01

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Well everyone I got my laptop back yesterday, and I have played SC4 so much I already have an update.

Update 11- Nyhaven Woods:

Today I will being showing my first ever use of rural highway, and we will be looking to the areas just west of the Nyhaven District. The area is now a new suburb called Nyhaven Woods, named for the reason that it is only 1 mile from the NYhaven District. The area has some really nice mansions, likely home to some rich theatre owners. First lets take a look at the entire area of the suburb.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Aug221681276839516
Overview of Nyhaven Woods.

The highway shown in the pic is my first use of RHW ever, and is named as Rt. 35. Focusing on the highway I'll show you the two exits I made for the suburb.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Jun291501276835274
Rt. 36 exit for Deer Run Rd.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Jun101521276836326-1
Rt. 36 exit for (Northbound) School Hill Dr. for (Southbound) Highland Dr.

Both exits have different styles, and likely New Chatham will see more RHW use. This picture is facing North, if you were to take the Northbound exit you will come out by Wildcrest High School, and its football field.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Feb141671276839195
Picture of Wildcrest High School, and Joseph Brodney Field home to Thunderbirds football and soccer.

Most rresidential areas in the Quad Cities are characterized by tall apartments and condos. Nyhaven Woods contains some apartments, but mostly is characterized by mansions, and other two story homes.

Quad Cities Region - Page 2 NewChatham-Feb21671276839131
A picture showing a local nieghborhood in Nyhaven Woods.

Let me know what you think, I'll will except critiques and tips on RHW, (although for my first use I say it looks good)
Please comment Exclamation

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum