Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-02-01, 20:36

Bruce  

Bruce
Renting
Renting
Nice work with that commercial strip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

127Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-02-04, 12:08

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
where did you get that church Question

128Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-02-04, 17:34

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I'd be interested in installing that church to my plugins too. Cool I like to stock up on these mods cuz I go to church.

Again, I love this DD a lot. I don't know how else to say that. Razz

129Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-02-18, 17:44

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Replies

Anyone notice the new Replies banner?

bben- Thank you, I'm trying to build more RHW around the region. Although I've realised my maxis highways can't be fully switched to RHW because of the way I've built my cities around them.
Cheeseguy- Thank you, also for right now the effects on photobucket are fine considering I don't use them that much. Smile
Bruce- Thank you I modeled it after a place that I saw on one of the exits I saw on a vacation a few years ago.
Yoda87- The Church I got from ST, here is the link
blakesterville- link is above Smile and thank you, I'm glad you love my DD, personally I don't think mine is the best.

I've updated the view of the region on the first page. Also sorry about the delay in updates, I've ordered a new powercord for my PC because it broke, and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. So until then I can't play SC4 because the battery would deplete (its at 20%)

News Update

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 News11

130Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-02-20, 12:33

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
cool newspaper, and a great read. I love how you have included the full story, and as a big baseball fan I love the article.

131Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-20, 12:52

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Yoda87- Thank you, I'm glad you like the my newspapers

Update 27- Mountain Highways

Today we will look at some of the work I've been doing with some RHW in the Siles Mountain area of the region. Right now there is not much to see but I'll be working on an interchange between two highways here.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 SilesMountain-Jul6031300509575
A small two lane road passes a forest ranger tower

Here I used RHW to make a two lane road allowing passing.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 SilesMountain-Feb20011300152898
I-240 passes through the mountains near the town of Siles Mountain

This area was surprisingly tricky to build. I had to make the terrain flat so the highway wasn't too rough, but keep the moutain looking natural.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 SilesMountain-Mar30021300508130
I-240 winding its way through the mountains

This area needs work (in my opinion). I need to go back and flatten the terrain, and this will most likely be the area where I will add my new interchange. But as you can see in the picture, I am using some more natural curves.

Now two pictures that I just took.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 SilesMountain-Mar16011300153013
A passenger train emerges from a tunnel after stopping in Siles Mountain

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 SilesMountain-Apr4011300153080
The Siles Mountain Wendy's and train station

Comments and criticism is welcome Smile

132Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-20, 15:25

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Looks like the area has potential. I like nice rural areas like that. Interesting work. Smile

133Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-20, 15:57

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I would get a slope mod, so it's all nice and smooth. Other than that, it looks great, very rural like and american Smile

134Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-21, 17:52

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
blakesterville- Thank you
Cheeseguy- I still have to smooth out some of the areas so it will look better soon.

Update 28- 2011 O'mara Cup

This past weekend the ICHA O'mara Cup final was held at the Shop n' Save Center in Port Charlotte. This year's playoffs saw a huge upset in the Plains Division bracket when the heavily favored Laurier Mountain University Lions lost to Georges Brown in double overtime by a score of 2-1. The Bay Area Division bracket saw last year's champions the Westmont College Wildcats advance to the finals, with the University of New Chatham Huskies representing the Plains Division in the final as well after defeating thier rival New Chatham Tech. Below the bracket shows the advance of both teams into the finals, via thier logos.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 ICHAplayoffs2

The picture in the bottom left is the Bay Area Division Final between Westmont College (green) and North Shore University (white) and likewise the top right is the Plains Division Final between New Chatham Tech (orange) and the University of New Chatham Huskies (white).

The O'mara Cup Final was said to be one of the greatest in ICHA history, the Westmont College Wildcats scored early in the 1st period to make it 1-0, but a goal by the University of New Chatham tied the game two minutes later. The second period was a very physical period with the both the Huskies and Wildcats throwing huge hits. Two goals by the Wildcats would give Westmont College a 3-1 lead going into the third. The Wildcats held thier two goal lead through the third period until Ryan Vandermear made it a one goal game scoring for the Huskies late in the period. The Huskies would get a two man advantage when Westmont College would take two bad penalties. The Huskies pulled thier goaltender Chris Rickard to make it a six on three advantage, with Brett Mason scoring with twenty seconds left in the period. The Huskies would then ice the puck with ten seconds left and get a lucky bounce off of the Wildcat's defenseman deflecting it past Westmont goalie Greg Salinder. The University of New Chatham Huskies won thier third O'mara Cup since joining the ICHA in 2004.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 WYSGBKWRBMKSEMO.20081014234517
The University of New Chatham Huskies celebrate thier O'mara Cup victory.

135Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-27, 23:33

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone.... Neutral

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Signature

As the SLB season approaches the Port Charlotte Green Sox and New Chatham Beavers, both headed south for the next few weeks for the start of their spring training. Although they are huge rivals seperated by a twenty minute bus ride, they both do their spring training in Ocala, Florida. At the home of the Green Sox AA afiliate the Port Orange Octopus, using Oceanfront Field for all spring training games. With a stadium filled to capacity with rowdy Green Sox and Beaver's fans mixed in along with Port Orange Octopus fans watching former players play for New Chatham.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 SpringTraining
Oceanfront Field used by both New Chatham and Port Charlotte for Spring Training.

Below are some logos:
Quad Cities Region - Page 6 GreenSoxAlternateLogo
The alternate logo for the Green Sox

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Beavers
The Beaver's logo

136Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-27, 23:56

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Great job mayorm. I especially like the stadium

137Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-03-28, 01:06

K50  

K50
Admin
That stadium looks windy Razz

138Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-05, 18:09

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Cheeseguy- Thank you. If you want I can get you a link so you can download it.
K50- Thank you. Being located right on a beach I would say it is very windy.

Lately I have been taking a look at my cities, particularly the highways and I have realised some need to be changed and re-routed and some need connected or extended. So I decided to start a new project where I will go through all my cities and try to find ways to improve the highways in each city tile. So here is just a little teaser for you.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 NewRegion-1301445183

Just a picture of my region showing the transportation.

any comments/ critques are appreciated

139Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-05, 18:58

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
looks like more space and definatly more folk than my country, I looks good if you ask me Smile

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

140Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-08, 18:29

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
can't wait to see how it looks

141Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-11, 13:54

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
nice transportation region pic mayorm Very Happy

142Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-11, 18:02

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Guitarmansuperstar- Thank you, and yes there is a lot more open space. My goal is to eventually fill up the entire region.
Yoda87- Thank you.
Reaper88- Thank you, I'm happy to see you around the site again by the way.

Today I have some pics of this park I was working on. It includes one of my latest downloads, Peg's drive thru parks.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Jul212271302385472

that is the park after I had just finished placing everything, and running over it with trees.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Feb112281302385931

and this is park in full swing with people flying kites, playing baseball, and just enjoying thier day at the park.

143Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-11, 18:07

reaper88  

reaper88
Visitor
Visitor
nice looking park there Smile
and yeah after some RL problems i am back active again Very Happy

144Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-16, 15:44

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Reaper88- Thank you Smile I'm glad you like it, I think the Peg lots combined with the maxis parks make it seem really authentic.

here is a news update for you

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Newspaper12

145Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-23, 12:43

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

None Crying or Very sad

Today we will take another look at the NYhaven District that we visited earlier in the CJ. So for those who need a refresher, or who have never seen the Nyhaven District before here is a quick overview. The Nyhaven District is one of the metro areas greatest entertainment areas. With many theatres, shops, resturants, and nightclubs, the Nyhaven District caters to everyone. The area was inspired by the MIdtown area of woodb3kmaster's Nyhaven CJ Link to CJ. When we last saw the Nyhaven District, it was very new with just a few theatres, and some resturants, the Chinatown area was also very small. Now the Nyhaven District has over 20 theatres including: The Rembrandt, Deadwood, Imperial, New Chatham Theatre and Opera House, that we have all seen. And over 30 nightclubs three of which we will see in this update.

First we'll take a look at the Rembrandt Theatre.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 NewChatham-Dec214111303527032
The Rembrandt Theatre designed to look like an old english theatre

The Rembrandt with classic old English facade hosts a bounty of plays, including ones by Shakespeare. The Theatre is tucked in between the overpasses that go over Highway 204 which has just been extended to connect with the Hampton Bridge. The theatre is fairly new since it was built in late August 2010. It will be showing Death of A Salesman this summer.

Now we will take a look at the clubs and one of the best resturants in the Nyhaven District.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 NewChatham-Dec104111303526948
picture of ATOM Green otherwise known as the Temple Club

With the completion of the ATOM Green the city government has prohibited the construction of nightclubs in the Nyhaven District. The ATOM Green is the newest of the 30 nightclubs in the district. Despite being new, the club has made a name for itself with hundreds of people filling the club's capacity of 300 every night.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 NewChatham-Dec34111303526913

Next up is Club ATOM Blue, this club is owned and operated by the ATOM company that runs the ATOM Green a few blocks away, and the same company that owns the original Club ATOM Blue in Nyhaven's midtown. The club is actually among the tallest buildings in New Chatham, and looks amazing at night with the whole tower lit up with blue neon lights. Unfortunately the city government would not allow pictures to be taken of any of the clubs at night.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 NewChatham-Mar284121303527196
Picture of Lafluer's

Lafluer's is a small club owned and operated by a company based in New Orleans, hence the design and french name of the club. This is a family friendly club that is open 24/7 in the day Lafluer's is a regular french bistro, but after 9:00pm the bistro starts to come alive with dancing, some "specialty" drinks, and live performances. Lafluer's daytime menu features Montreal style hot dogs, and some great alligator meat dishes, along with tasty cajun cooking.

Before wrapping up this update I thought I would show one of the most popular resturants in the Nyhaven District. Located over by the New Chatham Zoo is Rainforest Cafe New Chatham. This new resturant will take you on an dining experience you will never forget. No matter your age the amazing resturant will amaze you with the unique atmosphere and food.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Rainforest-Cafe

more soon, comments and criticism is welcome.

Last edited by mayorm on 2011-04-24, 20:29; edited 1 time in total

146Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-23, 15:29

K50  

K50
Admin
It looks very nice... but why are the pictures so small? Crying or Very sad

147Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-25, 23:37

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

K50- Thank you. I'm sorry about the pictures, they will be better next time Smile

Here is a news article for all of you to read.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Newspaper13

148Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-25, 23:40

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
rain! Laughing
Wendy's Laughing Laughing
Green plan Crying or Very sad

Good overall Smile

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

149Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-04-29, 22:19

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Guitarmansuperstar- Thank You. Why the Crying or Very sad for the Green Plan?

A couple updates ago I showed you a teaser for the Quad Cities Highway Project. The project is now moving along and making great progress. I've decided to show you an update on one of the new highways being built in Renior. But first a map for the Quad Cities Highway Project.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Highwayproject
Quad Cities Highway Project map

The map shows all existing highways, and tollways, as well as all the planned extensions and new highways and tollways. A key has been provided for you. Today we will be looking at the extension of the Downtown Tollway in Renior.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Aug202331303943158
Previous end of the tollway

Before the extension, the tollway dumped all its traffic out at Park Blvd. which caused major traffic problems during rush hour. Also the intersection was very dangerous for pedestrians from River Park. Before the extension only one highway passed through downtown Renior, and with the new extension Traffic is already alleviated from I-256. However, some problems had to be taken care of before building the extension. First the highway would have to cut through River Park, and Downtown awaited on the other side of the river.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Nov92341303944366
Downtown Renior

The park issue was cleared up, and construction began.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-May172341303943698

A new interchange with Park Blvd was built a couple months after, and the extension was joined up with I 256 downtown.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Jul32341303943871

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Nov202341303944538
Interchange between Ste. Micheal Tollway and I-256

Many residents were worried the alignment of the extension would mean bulldozing the Centre des Sciences Renior(Renior Science Center). But the highway just missed, literally.

Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Renoir-Jun292351303944823

I have also updated the picture of the region on page 1. Please comment.

150Quad Cities Region - Page 6 Empty Re: Quad Cities Region 2011-05-04, 21:07

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
I really like the preview pic here.
You found a really nice spot for the CC

brian

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum: