Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

K50  

K50
Admin
the roof looks a lot better! Looking nice Smile

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Good improvements so far Smile

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
looking good... now is the platform going to be in the middle of the tracks?

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Thanks for the comments guys!

Yes, the platform will. Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
one suggestion: make the brick a little bit darker. the people on Simtrop will like it more (because they are so picky! Razz)

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
K50 Dude wrote:one suggestion: make the brick a little bit darker. the people on Simtrop will like it more (because they are so picky! Razz)

Yeah, it's very bright....I actually might change it to gray, and change the "wing" color.

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Again, pardon the double post, but here is an update....I am still going to change the "wing" texture.

Edge's Custom Content thread - Page 2 Greenbelttextureforreal

-DC

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Another good improvement.

If the ground texture is such a light one, the roof shouldn't be too dark either.

Just one question:

Will the plattform be the main building of the station or a prop? I'm asking because it would be something great for privately used custom rail stations as well.

K50  

K50
Admin
I think you should make it a "mahogany" color because a lot of the DC Metro stations (the ones I have seen anyway) have brick platforms. It looks nice though Smile

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
@ Skimbo: It was going to be the main building, but I would be happy to include a prop version as well. Wink

@ k50dude: Yes, practically all of the DC Metro platforms are reddish. But with the red, I was dissuaded out of it when I tried it in game with the GLR textures. Here is a shot of the red and the GLR textures. I did this just to get a quick idea, and it didn't look too good, which is why I went with the gray brick texture, it fits in better with the GLR texture.

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Ok, so I've been working on textures.....

I've basically settled on the floor and "wings"; here's a look.

Edge's Custom Content thread - Page 2 Greenbelt

-DC

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Looks great! Very Happy

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
DC, this plattform is getting better with every update, just amazeing work, I hope to see it in my cities sometimes Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
very nice DC, what station is this again, I'm in the DC area visiting family and may be able to slip away to see it and give some better critiques.

K50  

K50
Admin
Greenbelt. It's either on the red line or the green line Smile

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Thanks everyone!

@ Wacky32: Thanks!

@ Skimbo: Thanks a lot, I hope to have it on the STEX sometime soon. afro

@ Mayorm: It is on the green line, so hope you can see it! Very Happy

Here is a map of the Metro system, Greenbelt is the last station on the Green line heading northeast.

@ K50 Dude: Yes, it is on the green line. Wink

K50  

K50
Admin
about your map DC are you sure it is updated? I swear that the Yellow line goes to at least Fort totten.... at least it did when I visited in June Question

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
K50 Dude wrote:about your map DC are you sure it is updated? I swear that the Yellow line goes to at least Fort totten.... at least it did when I visited in June Question

Oh wow, didn't even notice that! Yes, it does go to Fort Totten, thank you for saying that. Here is a new map.

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
My bad for the double post....

I was playing around with night lights, found some for the platform that look ok, I will tweak them a little.

I am looking for one more texture for all the columns, and then I will texture those....

And also, I might make the "wings" smaller so you can see more of the platform and so you can see the columns.

Edge's Custom Content thread - Page 2 Greenbeltaug2

I understand the image a little too big, sorry for that....

-DC

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Love the night lights! Very Happy

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
GREAT NIGHTLIGHTS!

K50  

K50
Admin
I remember when I went to Arlington I saw these light pole things... (toward the left)
Edge's Custom Content thread - Page 2 Washington-arlington-cemetery

You should put some lights (props or BATed) towards the end of the station to light it up more Wink the station part looks great though! Nice work!

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Thanks guys!!!

@ K50: I tweaked 'em, see what you think.

I am basically done with the basic model (I might make the wing texture a bit darker).
Edge's Custom Content thread - Page 2 Greenbeltaug6

But other than that it's time for props!

On the subject of props, I am going to make them myself, and they are going to be authentic. My first one is a pole with the station name and line color on it, seen at every Metro station.

Here is an example of a sign like I am making now. The only difference is on the actual station platform, the sign says just "Greenbelt", dropping the "Station".

I have made my own textures, and tried various fonts on the sign pole. I was debating whether to have the type smaller (which is more authentic), or make the type readable in game. I have a couple pics for you showing my options.

I'd like to add that all these choices were rendered in "HD" in BAT.

Here is the one with the large, semi-readable font.
Click here

And the two I have circled are the best examples of the smaller font, my other option.
Click here

Any comments/opinions/critique is welcome!

-DC

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
The smaller front looks much better. It also makes it possible to use this station giveing it another name (Greenbelt isn't a very good station name for an asian city....)

I also would use some benches for people who want to sit down. Probably an elevator on the platform for wheel chair users and old people.

I have to say: GREAT WORK, DC.

K50  

K50
Admin
That smaller one looks more like one of the real ones....
Edge's Custom Content thread - Page 2 446px-Metro_Center_pylon

Go with the smaller font Smile How many tiles will these be? If it was six, that would be awesome (five would be awesome too).

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum