Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What do you want to see when we give out an award?

2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% [ 6 ]
2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% [ 4 ]
2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%2012 Simmania People's Choice Awards - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
I'm currently reviewing everything for nominating, so that number is increasing as we post Razz

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
i just submitted either 4 or 5 or 6, i don't quite remember... forgive my short term memory Razz

K50  

K50
Admin
At the end I have to recount all of them anyway just to be safe, especially because there's so many this time and there's probably some duplicates. With that said the estimate is 81 now Very Happy

Obviously we're getting a HUGE turnout of nominators compared to the last two years, so on behalf of the staff here, thanks to everyone who has nominated this year Smile We've got about a week left if you want to send in some more.

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Hooray! Now let's make it 100 Very Happy

K50  

K50
Admin
After a monster weekend of nominations, we're at 85 now, I think we have a chance to hit 100 Very Happy

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
i was thinking id like to make a 100 also
I still have more noms i can make really

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
That'd be awesome. Very Happy
The worst of my previously mentioned RL craziness is over, but still busier than usual. I'll be able to submit probably Saturday when I have more time. Smile

http://simopsis.com

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I sent in a few more Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
Our estimate is now at 92 nominations.

We've only got a few days left until nominations close, if you've been waiting to nominate, the time for action is now Smile

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
I will send in a few more to help you out K50, I know how much this means to you.

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
i sent in 1 more this morning Smile

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I sent in a few more last night, so I think we can easily reach 100 soon.

CoastRunner  

CoastRunner
Commoner
Commoner
We should be pretty much there already. Now... we try for 1000!!!

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
I sent in 5 or 6 last night for K50. Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
CoastRunner wrote:We should be pretty much there already. Now... we try for 1000!!!
I like the attitude Very Happy

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I shall nominate everyone for every award. If I have time. Razz
[/badjoke]

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
LOL Razz

K50  

K50
Admin
simLink wrote:I shall nominate everyone for every award. If I have time. Razz
[/badjoke]
Well that would help us hit 1,000 nominations Razz

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Submitted 2 or 3 more. Smile I'm sure ome were for suplicate categories, but were for sure different members. I think. Razz
If anyone has any more, submit soon!

K50  

K50
Admin
We've got about 18 hours to go until nominations close Smile

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Nominations close in less than 100 minutes! Get nominating!!

K50  

K50
Admin
Nominations are closed, thanks to everyone who pitched in. Obviously, we shattered the record set in 2010 this year, so it's going to take some time to count up all the nominations, since we want to make sure we don't have duplicates, blanks, self-nominations, etc.

See you later this month when we present the awards Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
Mind the double post but this is kind of important. I want to give you all some information on ties, the Jack of All Trades award, and a question.

We only have ONE WINNER per category, even if there's a tie. Like it or not, that's the way it's always been, and we're going to keep it that way as fairness to those in 2010 and 2011. How have we dealt with them? We first dole out awards to the obvious winners who individually have the most nominations. Then we deal with ties; if someone hasn't got an award yet, and they are tied with someone who has got one, then the person who has not gotten an award wins the tiebreaker and gets that award. I assure you that nobody, myself included, has or ever will send in a nomination after the deadline to avoid this issue.

Then there's the Jack of All Trades award. Mayorm and Guitarmansuperstar got these in 2010 and 2011, and someone will also get it in 2012. Basically, this is kind of an award that goes to someone who was nominated all over but didn't win any awards; the award for someone who has the highest nomination--awards won ratio. Mayorm and Guitarmansuperstar were nominated many times for many categories, but just got unlucky where the numbers fell, so they got this award because they did deserve something, and nobody had a problem with it, because they deserved it.

Now to the point. Over the last two years, we have withheld the number of nominations and the runners up of the SMPCA's, because there were so many ties back then, and it was an issue the staff and I didn't want to deal with. However, this year with MOTM's, we've gotten an increasing amount of people wanting to see this information in the MOTM's, which Blake has disclosed. We now have more nominations, so this might not happen as often, though it probably still will happen. The question is, do you want to get this information like what's happening in the MOTM's, only reveal the winner like we've always done, or something else? There's a poll set up for you to answer in.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Disclosing the nomination count sounds good to me. It seems like this will be another great round of results! Very Happy

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I agree - though perhaps the winner gets the nomination count, and then the runner ups do not - that way nobody knows if a category was a tie or not.

Plus it would look less cluttered that way on the award image. Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum