Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SimMania File Exchange Empty SimMania File Exchange 2012-10-28, 18:11

suzaku  

suzaku
Visitor
Visitor
It's not officially decided yet, but I think we're pretty set on hosting a file exchange for simmania with the extra space on the chat server. We have two options: I create one with WordPress and let Blake/K50 customize it, or we use a different option. The WordPress option would be private and manual publishing, but if you guys have a solution that'd work, tell me!

I have found a few plugins that will allow automatic upload to wordpress, but I'm not sure yet. I'll post them here once I research them more.

2SimMania File Exchange Empty Re: SimMania File Exchange 2012-10-28, 18:14

suzaku  

suzaku
Visitor
Visitor
One plugin I found that looks good:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/exchange-platform/screenshots/ Won't work with Wordpress 3.4.

We could do a Drupal or Joomla based system. Anyone?

3SimMania File Exchange Empty Re: SimMania File Exchange 2012-10-28, 18:17

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I don't really want to go for manual publishing if we can. n(Although manual publishing is still better than nothing. ) I might look at some different software and see what's available. I know K50 was working on something too, a while back, and I don't know where he is on that.

4SimMania File Exchange Empty Re: SimMania File Exchange 2012-10-28, 18:19

suzaku  

suzaku
Visitor
Visitor
blakesterville wrote:I don't really want to go for manual publishing if we can. n(Although manual publishing is still better than nothing. ) I might look at some different software and see what's available. I know K50 was working on something too, a while back, and I don't know where he is on that.

Right.

Drupal would allow automatic publishing. Razz

5SimMania File Exchange Empty Re: SimMania File Exchange 2012-10-28, 18:19

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I'd like automatic publishing myself. It takes a ton of the work load off the admins. I think (i'm not entirely sure) but the one K50 was working on is manual. Not sure though if that even worked out.
iirc, drupal does automatic publishing so we should do that if you ask me.

edit: ninja'd...

6SimMania File Exchange Empty Re: SimMania File Exchange 2012-10-28, 18:45

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
When looking at stuff for Simopsis Exchange, I found Joomla with the JDownloads plugin. That is what I wanted to use, but hosting issues with joomla jdownloads wouldn't install, even manually. Nothing worked. But that was strictly hosting based, so if you're interested it, here's a link:

http://www.jdownloads.com/

It has various modules for it as well. Haven't looked at drupal, but if it works why not. Razz

http://simopsis.com

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum