Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Preview Videos Empty Preview Videos 2012-05-09, 01:07

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I know everyone is as excited as I am to hear that we are finally going to see the release of another edition of Simcity! Very Happy

Anyway here are some videos off of youtube that have been posted about SC5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vS0qURl_JJY

One thing, even though they say that these videos are not meant to show the final graphics, it already looks good to me Very Happy

2Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-09, 16:19

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
It looks like the game has real potential. I'm exited to see what it will be like when it is released.

3Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-09, 21:20

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I will not be buying the deluxe edition because I do not care to go out of my way to use EA origin (EA has been using it as part of their stunt to make their games exclusive to origin) to buy it.. plus it's 80 dollars.. no game is worth that kind of money.

Really I don't care to follow this game anymore at all.. partly because I don't want to be spoiled. And I'm not really thinking it's going to be as spectacular as people are saying it will be.

And before you say anything, this is the US and not AUS, 60$ on the day of release is quite standard and even still it's not the kind of investment I would like to make on something unless there's a demo version. So I for one won't be buying this game unless EA decides to stop this whole stunt with making their games origin-exclusive or until the price comes down to compensate for my extreme disdain for EA..

4Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-10, 18:03

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I don't think I'll be buying this game immediately with the price tag. 60 dollars is not something I can really afford with everything else going on, LOL. But maybe it will go down in a couple of years, like CXL did. We'll see.

5Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-10, 18:13

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Not sure how I feel about it yet... I'll probably reserve judgement closer to the release date. It seems like it may have some good features, but I don't like what I've heard about the internet connection...

http://simopsis.com

6Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-10, 21:36

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
simLink wrote:but I don't like what I've heard about the internet connection...

That's for the multiplayer servers. Offline mode (singleplayer) won't require it.. unless it's sort of a thing like Steam where you have to be online to play certain games.. but we're not discussing those kinds of games.

7Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-12, 16:52

K50  

K50
Admin
mayorm wrote:I know everyone is as excited as I am to hear that we are finally going to see the release of another edition of Simcity! Very Happy
To be honest I'm really not.

The price tag strikes me as dangerously high, and online games aren't something I have an interest in, since I want something to do on a roadtrip or a plane ride besides just listening to music and playing Angry Birds or solitaire or something of that sort Razz Not to mention, looking at how much effort has gone into SimCity 4 by the modders and BATers, I'm going to stay dedicated until I get a computer that isn't so friendly to it, or until my life gets too crammed to play it.

I'm certainly going to see the initial reaction by Simtropolis... like I should have for SC Societies before I dropped $40 on it on the release weekend. If it's all positive reviews I'll probably change my mind. But until then I don't have a lot of faith in it Smile

8Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-12, 17:01

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I almost bought CXL, but avoided it because the reviews weren't the best. I hope that SC5 doesn't have that kind of response. Even so, SC4 has still outlived many other games, and is still running strong.

9Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-12, 20:42

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I'm waiting for the price to drop! D:

I'm not as interested at the moment, but if reviews are great, I'm in!

10Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-12, 20:44

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I'm not excited about it either. As a matter of fact I haven't even been following it.. even if the initial reactions are good, I might buy it.. we'll see when that time comes. And k50.. 60$ is typical on day of release. But that's for the standard edition and the limited edition will break 80 in the us.. probably 90 and 110 in Aus..
I wouldn't buy the Deluxe edition though, it's probably all the same stuff that the standard one has plus a bunch of crap shoveled into like tilesets, UDI missions and the Dr. Vu crap.. which I would anticipate as being DLC within the first few days.
Another thought.. should we anticipate as much DLC for 5 as their has been for 4? We'll see.

11Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-05-28, 12:37

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
I think we really have to wait until release for a good impression. I'm really hoping it's not going to be a new SimCity Societies, but in my opinion it looks like it might be.

12Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-03, 21:17

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
The problem I see with the game, (and this is the only problem I see) is that it doesn't look as modable Ehh if thats a word as SC4

13Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-03, 22:33

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
nah.. it'll be quite moddable I think.. I'm sure at some point there'll be a DLC platform and a modding framework or API (something like what MC is working on, drop mods into a folder instead of modifying the .jar.. or .exe in this case)

14Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-10, 02:36

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Well, now I hear more about the always online... and then I hear terraforming was removed.
I'm really losing interest in this.

15Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-10, 03:23

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I have come to the point that this SimCity game will not be successful Sad

16Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-10, 11:53

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
yeah, I'm thinking more and more about just staying with SC4.

This may be a scenario of becareful what you wish for.

17Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-13, 11:22

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Please leave all comments about the reporter out Smile I know what you guys will be thinking.
But here is another video/ interview about Simcity 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnLNounvWyA&feature=player_detailpage

18Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-13, 13:40

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Cloud saving? And then the reporter.. ugh (sorry mayorm)
This is just getting worse and worse...

19Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-19, 18:33

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I have come to the point where I have to wait another 5 years for a legitimate SimCity Neutral

20Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-19, 20:34

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Cheeseguy wrote:Cloud saving? And then the reporter.. ugh (sorry mayorm)
This is just getting worse and worse...

No need to apologize.

I figured someone would comment on the reporter anyway Neutral

21Preview Videos Empty Re: Preview Videos 2012-06-21, 02:42

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I mean, it looks like a very expansive and in-depth game as far as the actual gameplay goes.. and I love that about simulators. Thing is the art and animations and how it's laid out bugs me tremendously. Yes, it's still in alpha stage for all I care. But it's an overall style and that's likely not going to change anytime soon unless something major happens during the beta assuming there will be a beta available to the public (whether it's a closed or open beta). Whether or not the beta or an RC is available doesn't matter though really..

Other than the general style, the gameplay is very intriguing.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum