Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SC4 and Windows 7 Empty SC4 and Windows 7 2010-09-21, 17:17

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Some people may debate that SC4 barely exectutes on Windows 7. It does, and I am proof. Due to a major computer exception on my old one running Windows XP, I now use Windows 7. There are methods to making it run better on W7.

First of all, it is completely unnecessary to run the game in Compatibility. However even on XP or Vista, you may want to run it in Administrator, which can be done by right clicking on the icon, and clicking "Run as administrator". It should have a picture of the yellow and blue shield on it. On XP click Run as, type your administrators name and have your computer administrator put his password in if he has one.

Next method is running the game through Command Lines (Command Prompt). This can be done by typing this into the shortcut target box if you have a shortcut on your desktop:

C:WindowsSystem32cmd.exe /c START "high priority sc4" /high "C:Program FilesMaxisSimCity 4 DeluxeAppsSimCity 4.exe" -w -intro:off.

You can also type that out using Command Prompt directly. If you want to use Command Prompt directly, click the start orb, go to run (in all programs) and type cmd in the field and press enter.

Hope this helps my fellow W7 users.

2SC4 and Windows 7 Empty Re: SC4 and Windows 7 2010-09-21, 19:29

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
What happened you your XP system? What kind of exception? I might be able to help.

3SC4 and Windows 7 Empty Re: SC4 and Windows 7 2010-09-21, 20:17

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
For around a month before the initial crash what would happen is the computer would constantly unexpectedly reboot (i.e, every 10 minutes!) and one day, Tommy7777 told me that a virus is most likely running on there, after he researched a warning in event viewer saying something about TCP/IP hs reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP/IP attempts.

So I disconnected my computer from the internet, ran a virus scan, halfway through it the thing would reboot, when it got to this one point. And me and my dad were fooling with it, I don't know if it crashed or he just shut it off, but I remember I tried to boot it up, and it wouldn't come on. For the most part it would sit on the screen with the blinking underscore.

So one time when trying to boot up I got this black screen that had all these dump codes with +++++++++++++++++++EXCEPTION+++++++++++ written across the top. And now when I try and boot up, I get a bluescreen, and then it reboots itself, and tries again. I even tried safe mode and it wouldn't work.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum