Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2011-02-19, 14:27

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
he had a DD for some time. But actually we have our main founding fathers here: Blakesterville, Guitarman, dcmetro, Yoda87, and myself. Actually Peter's account is still here I believe.

27Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2011-02-19, 16:37

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I wish Peter would come back. He's missed. Lately, things have changed here, though. We have Skimbo, K50, and many other popular members here that joined last summer. That actually includes Cheeseguy, the biggest poster here. The site has a different feel. There's definitely a lot more to talk about here than there was.

28Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2011-07-24, 18:46

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
It may be a wacky idea, but it's been nearly a year since the last time Simmania's story was told, and a whole lot has happened since. I was going to, just *maybe* suggest to Mayorm that it be retold this summer to reflect things like people's choice awards, the recent site redesign, and more recently the SSS matters going on and the like, the constant work at a file exchange that failed, and so on... I think that this account of Simmania's story is starting to grow out of date a bit because it doesn't reflect any of this, being about a year old.

Again, it's just a little suggestion, but I think it would be interesting if that were to happen. So much has happened since last summer that newer members might be interested in hearing. Smile Also, sorry for the double post. These are months apart though.

-blakesterville.

29Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2011-07-24, 19:13

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
like It, and Thank you for including me as a founding member Smile

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

30Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2011-07-26, 14:33

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
The community is growing...

31Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2011-07-27, 13:11

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
Definitely, and it's great to see another SimCity forum gaining great amounts of members.

32Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2012-03-29, 23:24

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I have decided we need an update to this story:

This part of the story is entitled:

New Growth

The site has experienced much growth since the end of our last update. The list of Site Admins grew to 2 when Blakesterville was promoted for his exceptional services to the forum since its begining. Eventually growing to 3 with the addition of K50 in 2012.

The membership also continued to grow steadily, and at the time of this post is currently hovering at 94 members, the SSS has also been running the SMPCA awards for two years, and the site itself got a makeover with a new newsfeed, look, and some forums got a much needed cleaning.

Unfortunately with the growth in the site, ad bots were finally able to recognize us as a community worth posting useless spam on, and two different spam accounts were created and plagued the forum for a while, but were dispatched and banned immediately Smile

The site has been a host to some seminars by simlabs, although the chat has remained quite inactive with almost nobody using it. The forum games section has become the staple of our community, generating the majority of our activity and the bulk of our posts. The posts reached the 10k mark and continues growing as do our member post counts. Nobody has been able to catch Cheesguy who still leads the site in number of posts with over 2,000 Very Happy

Hope you enjoyed this little update to our history Very Happy Please feel free to be a part of it by just simply making a single post (I'm looking at you lurkers out there)

Also I will let a little secret out, I'm working on another big change to the site Smile

33Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2012-03-30, 12:28

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I feel that for SM to continue expanding or even for it to outlive SC4 itself, it needs to incorporate other major interests as well.
Because sc4 isn't as active as it used to be, which is evident just on the sc4 boards here.

34Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2012-03-30, 22:17

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
YAYAYAAY moar improvements to the site! Very Happy

35Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2012-07-08, 13:06

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I've rewritten and updated the story Smile

36Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2012-07-09, 02:26

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Could you add that in 2012 we set a record for most people online 62. And that we joined Twitter Smile

I forgot to mention that in the chat Sad

37Simmania's Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Simmania's Story 2012-07-09, 11:22

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
done Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum