Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Style of Towns

How Do You Like to Play? I_vote_lcap50%How Do You Like to Play? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 9 ]
How Do You Like to Play? I_vote_lcap39%How Do You Like to Play? I_vote_rcap 39% [ 7 ]
How Do You Like to Play? I_vote_lcap11%How Do You Like to Play? I_vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How Do You Like to Play? Empty How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-11, 00:06

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
This is a basic thread where you can share, and discuss what kinds of towns you like building. Whether it be urban, megalopolis, mountainous, this is a place to share your style of playing.

My current way to play is towns in the middle of the forest up in the mountains. Simple, looks good, somewhat easier to manage. I also occasionally use the wide suburbs, small downtown tatic.

What's yours?

2How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-11, 02:45

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I like starting large cities from a small rural town, to suburbs, and finally a large metro area with enough employment for everyone. Smile

3How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-11, 11:01

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I'll go into more detail here.

What I prefer doing is using RHW to link my small towns spattered across the region together. Sometimes they get moderate traffic, often none at all. Usually I drown the region in forests, as to add a scenic touch to it.

I'll usually build very large suburbs before I build downtown, as to ensure the time has come to actually be ready to get downtown highrises, stage 5, 6, 7, and 8 skyscrapers. I [refer low-sitting skylines as well.

I also like to use river and coastal maps. River maps are moderately sized rivers that add for beauty, communications, transportation, (and then just a place for the people living in 200 BC to do their washing )

Another thing too is, I can spend a long time working out several different problems with cities. Some of the ways I do this is the scientific method, using MySims on a rare occasion. I don't listen to advisors considering they get way too pesky and angry, they try to run you. I ignore them, and its so wonderful!

Before I begin to build I prepare first. I clear out a spot in the forest, if there are neighbor connections, drag my roads to that spot, lay out the streets, then put down the essential buildings such as the water tower and power plant. Then I begin zoning. Once my zones are filled up, I add more and more until I am satisfied, then place a school, or clinic in, upgrade the transit networks if anything. Once I see it is good, I go on to the next tile. Then later on I will always often go back to that other tile, and do other things too it, like say for example if there is a lot of traffic congestion, fix it, or if I have the conditions set up for a neighbor deal, and don't know why it won't work, I wind up going into the next tile and setting it up manually. Sometimes it will take weeks before I successfully make every last thing pleasant in that said tile, and even then, sometimes 2 or 3 months later, (often with a new set of plugins) go back in there and apply those new plugins, and then sometimes I trip on even more issues. I can complete a city tile, fact of the matter is, 90% of the time, there is something that needs to be done to said tile. Never stop till you know for sure it is perfect.

I am also a fan of neighbor connections and inter-region transportation and all that. My towns always flourish that way. However I have to have things set up in that said tile and the other tile before it will be a success. Inter-region transportation is a lot of hard work, but I enjoy it. And the same with this, never stop, till it is perfect.

4How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-11, 11:23

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
I guess the reason I started playing was to building large cities...but now, I've built almost of the types of cities....I like the variety of a region when you do. Smile

5How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-11, 14:20

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I'll be honest, I have never actually created a large city with at least 1 skyscraper yet! The game frustrates me because of that, but I sure hope I can and I will later. Wink

6How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-14, 16:11

meister1235  

meister1235
Town planner
Town planner
first i want to build a suburb all about my region and than i want to build Megalopolis.
i want to reach 3 million+x affraid and hope i can reach this XD

7How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-15, 21:47

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I'm gonna go for a million on this one region of mine. Smile

8How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-16, 03:28

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
I'm the Country, suburbz & downtown type....

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

9How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-18, 21:11

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Skimbo wrote:I'm the Country, suburbz & downtown type....

Ditto. How Do You Like to Play? Icon_wink

10How Do You Like to Play? Empty Re: How Do You Like to Play? 2010-09-24, 10:16

Town planner
Town planner
i zone big very big as the saying goes go big or go home

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum