Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

adjiebrotot  

adjiebrotot
Passerby
Passerby
um sorry, AOWN website moved to http://www.aown.tk and UCOS already inactive.. Nova Project is active Very Happy

K50  

K50
Admin
List updated again. CINL was added in a couple months too late, and the three I was unsure about... well, one was inactive, one's forum linked me to a forumotion site, and the other was clearly dead, and that was the IPON, which has always been a pain as far as measuring its activity goes and has been in the olive color since I made the list. I'd say it was done by the end of 2011, but if anyone knows for sure, leave a comment.

There's a wiki at Simtropolis, and a union site popped up pretty quickly, so that may answer our questions about a lot of these dates. Time will tell.

Jay Ess  

Exploring the territory
Exploring the territory
The dates on that wiki article were pieced together by myself and my fellow members at CINL (who know more about the history than I do), so they may be incorrect themselves as for the most part, they're rough estimates.

With the history section, we basically just tried to follow the trail leading up to the establishment of the current unions, which is why a lot of these unions are left out. K50 pointed out that if we added all the unions that existed to the history section that it would be massive and confusing, and personally I agree.

K50  

K50
Admin
I'm not sure who exactly is in the CINL (I need to register to see who's a member and not) but I will say that every date that isn't with a ? is almost certainly accurate just from my resources and the union websites alone.

The most important unions in a historical regard are without a doubt the SCJU, Adriatic, COFR, AIN, 2COFR, and USNW (in chronological order; they are each equally huge in union history). Obviously there's way more unions than that but those six are by far the most historically influential when you want to summarize history and inter-union relationships on the wiki. With that said as far as the wiki conversation goes, we can do that over PM here or in the talk pages there, this probably isn't the spot to do it Wink

Welcome to Simmania by the way, hope you stay around Smile

Jay Ess  

Exploring the territory
Exploring the territory
Well, at the moment, CINL is myself, Juls (Blakeway4), Forthwall, Agus (Alerules/Agusnavarro) and formerly Max Cormier (he did help us with the history quite a bit). As far as I know, Max was the only one around in the beginning, because if I'm not mistaken Juls, Forthwall & I started at AIN, and Agus started at USNW. So it did mostly come from one viewpoint as the rest of us had no clue what went on before circa 2008.

So I'll bring up this thread and the dates here and see if it rings any bells with anyone. I can't make any immediate changes though, because I'm blocked (Dirk's cloudflare network seems to be mudding up the works, as the IP address displayed on the block is certainly not mine). Anyway, these dates should help out a lot in getting it put into the correct order.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum