Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

K50  

K50
Admin
TOTAL NOMINATIONS: 29

Simmania People's Choice Awards - Information Thread 0c8fc73e

Back for its second year, the Simmania People's Choice Awards, often abbreviated to the SMPCA's, are like the trixies of Simtropolis to Simmania; you nominate the best of the best for certain categories. Being Simmania's most coveted award, you will get a little medal under name for however many you won each year. It's based off of the color scheme (which should be pretty predictable this year). If you won some last year, they will pile on Smile

Simmania People's Choice Awards - Information Thread E1899b78The categories are listed below...
CATEGORIES :
Nominations should be sent to K50 (NOT the SSS mailbox, this is NOT an SSS event) no later than December 23, 2011. Nominations should be sent via PM by including the name of the member and the category you wish to nominate them for.

Duplicate nominations (i.e. nominating one person for the same category more than once) and self nominations (i.e. nominating your own account or work for any category any time) will be discarded.

Awards will be revealed around the New Year.

Simmania People's Choice Awards - Information Thread 100px-Nuvola_apps_email.svg
Click the above envelope to send a nomination in!

Simmania People's Choice Awards - Information Thread Db3562b4
With every major event like this, a few key rules need to be laid down. Me (and the administration, if necessary) will draw a hard line over deliberate offenses. There are a lot less than last time so make sure to spend 20 seconds of your oh-so-valuable time reading these simple things to make this event fun for everyone.

• Do not nominate yourself or tell others to nominate you. Even if the person you told to nominate you for an award was stubborn enough to listen you, the nominations will still be discarded. Don't waste your time doing this. This is not a political race.
  • Under no circumstance should you make a second account for the sole reason to nominate you. All of your nominations will be discarded and the second account will be indefinitely banned. Your main account will also be at risk for a ban for a few days at the discretion of the administration team.
  • Don't nominate here. You don't want to tell people who you are nominating, send it in a PM instead. This thread is for asking questions and engaging in general conversation about the SMPCA awards.

As many of us have unfortunately noticed, the activity of Simmania has hit the skids compared to last year. I'm hoping for at least 6 nominators (people who nominate) and 50 nominations (people who got nominated). That's about 8 nominations per user, which isn't all that difficult. Unlike last year, you can nominate one person or one category an unlimited amount of times.... as long as you don't duplicate nominations.

Have fun and I will see you later this month with the awards!

Last edited by K50 on 2011-12-22, 15:19; edited 5 times in total

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I'm very exited to see people's choice awards being launched. After the success of last year, I think it will be a great season. I will be sure to send in nominations soon.

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I'll get mine in Smile

Also yes activity on the forums is slow this season, I think a little slower than usuall Sad

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Hopefully thing will improve soon. People's choice awards should help that a little.

K50  

K50
Admin
That's why were here Very Happy

Thanks for the praise as well you two, I appreciate it.

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Nominated 1, planning more Razz

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
Well.. hasn't the year gone quickly! I can't believe it's that time again, seems just like yesterday when the previous awards were given! I'll think of some nominations straight away.

K50  

K50
Admin
You have 24 hours to get in your last-minute nominations! Hurry up! Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I think i've made my last nomination Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
Nominations are closed with 29 nominations. Thank you very, very much for everybody who pitched into this event. I appreciate it Smile

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Razz

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
Awesome, can't wait to see how they've turned out Smile

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: