Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Repliesbanner

111222333444- I got off of the STEX, it is called Embassy of United States, if you search Embassy on the STEX it should come up in the results Smile
Samerton- Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the update.
K50- The windfarm was moved after I took the picture. But my game crashed soon after and I was unable to get another quick picture.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Updatebanner

Today is Opening Day for Intercity League Baseball so we will be taking a look at some of the matchups for tonight. But first a news article:

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Newspaper17

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game1y2renior

Siles Mountain is at Renior to open up thier season. These two teams are huge rivals, and the crowd is expected to be rowdy as always tonight. Siles Mountain mad some big moves during the off-season, trading away 3 starting pitchers for Julio Zeda who has been brought in from MLB affiliated ball. Zeda hit .325 last year with 28 home runs and is expected to be even better this year. Renior has retained most of thier lineup from last year, after making the playoffs they were eventually eliminated by Port Charlotte. Renior's fans love to hate Siles Mountain, and the Riverhawks had the best home record in the league last season and hope to continue that this year.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game1y2

The Carson City K9s open up the season at home tonight, taking on Waupaum. Both teams had their struggles last season, after a monumental collapse by Carson City caused them to miss the playoffs, and Waumpaum never got out of the basement. Some new players have been brought in to help strengthen the depth, the most notable addition is Waupaum's Mike Ichener who has been assigned from the SLB AAA. Carson City is also entering thier second year as a franchise and have better expectations after finishing spring training with a record of 6-2.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Gam1y2

This matchup is talked about with much hype. Port Charlotte (the defending league champions) open their season against one of two new franchises, Cantonowa County. The Cannons besides entering the league as a franchise also get to open up thier brand new stadium, completed just last week. The Cannons have some big bats acquired through means of the expansion draft, including former Jay, Ben Calamodo who had the winning run for the Jays to win the championship. Port Charlotte dominated in spring training with a record of 8-0 and look just as good as they did last year after keeping most of their lineup.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game1-1

New Chatham will visit Blue Mountain to start their season. This year will make the Crosscutters the longest tenured baseball team in Marquette, celebrating their 30th season as a franchise, and 5th in the ILB. Both clubs have high expectations after making significant changes to their lineups, including the dismissal of Bears GM, and Manager Rusty Herin. New Chatham brought in some new recruits from college, and a couple players from affiliated ball were returned to the club after recieving call ups early in the season last year. Blue Mountain is also predicted to have another great year of league leading attendence.

yunxiang  

Spectator
Spectator
Your sport teams have some really cool logos! The stadiums look really nice and well positioned as well; I bet the shops in the areas really appreciate the business they create. Smile

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Nice, i like the baseball park

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

yunxiang- Thank you, without google (and a secret logo website) the ILB teams would not exsist Smile I have tried to place the stadiums in unique areas of each respective city as well.
111222333444- Thank you, which one? Razz

Just a small update/ BAT recomendation for you Very Happy

Marquette's first "Clean Coal" powerplant was recently completed today, and is now up and running, providing power to thousands of residents and businesses in the Renior area.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Renoir-Aug143071340321703

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Love that power plant, I used several together to make a large power generating facility in Taschereau. Smile

http://simopsis.com

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
that's nice mayorm Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Simlink- Yeah, I love the significant reduction in air pollution
Cheeseguy- Thank You Smile

Tonight we have some more ILB games to preview.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game4y2

The Kane River Cougars visit the Renior Riverhawks.

Kane River comes into the series with a record of 14-19 sitting 7.5 games back from first place in the division. The Cougars have run into injury problems this season, losing all-star catcher Patrick Dredge, and thier powerful slugger Julius Monte out for the season, and having 4 other players making returns in late August. The Cougars have started to find their winning ways now, coming off a series sweep of second place Shannon City, and taking 2 of 3 games from Port Charlotte who sits directly below them in the standings. The Riverhawks in the other hand are once again a powerful team, with a league leading record of 22-12 they sit atop their division, and are looking like they will be making a good playoff run this year. Already the Riverhawks have had 5 players contracts purchased by SLB teams, the Riverhawks have also record attendance figures this season, selling out every home game.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game3y2

Bragging rights are on the line in Port Charlotte.

The New Chatham Crosscutters will visit the Port Charlotte Jays, with bragging rights on the line for who is the better baseball city this year. The Crosscutters have taken the league by surprise and have emerged from thier time at the bottom of the league. With thier former first round draft picks shining, the Crosscutters lead the league in Home Runs with 28, combined with standout pitching the Crosscutters have 7 no hit games and 4 shut outs this season. With a record of 19-13 they are only a game back from first place in the Diamond Division. Port Charlotte has held their own this year as defending champions, however they enter this series on losing skid with a losing streak of 5 straight games. The Jays opponents have been exploiting flaws in the bullpen which has lost some of its strength this past week. The Jays have also seen some roster moves this week and have gone through 3 different lineups this week.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game2y2

Waupaum visits Bel-Guarde this weekend

Recent aquisition Tyson Ritchell will make his debut with the Wrattlers tonight as Waupaum visits Bel-Guarde. Waupaum currently sits in last place in the Gold Division with a record of 13-21 and 8.5 games behind first place Fulton County. The Wranglers are hoping that some recent additions via trades and free agent signings will help stimulate some offense. This season opposing pitching staffs have taken the Wranglers to town, with Wranglers batters striking out a combined 223 times and a combined batting average of .234 the Waumpaum offense is struggling to say the least. Bel-Guarde is performing well, despite some trouble within thier organization. The Batters currently have a respectable record of 20-14 which puts them in third place in the division. However off the field they have struggled, with record low attendance, and some ownership scandals. However the franchise is expected to do well both on and off the field with thier new ownership group, led by former Batter firstbaseman Bob Newbie.

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
D: Baseball

I like it Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

111222333444- Thank You Smile

Today we will take a break from the ILB updates, to take a look at the growing suburb of Circle Lake.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Aug28791340835183

Due to the proximity to Renior, the town boasts a large industrial area, providing jobs to many residents in town, and from surrounding communities in Renior, and Siles Mountain, and Val Comen.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Aug7791340835132

Most of the neighborhoods in Circle Lake feature large suburban homes, and mansions. However some, like this neighborhood have lakeside condos, and apartments mixed in. This is a picture of the gated community of Land Between the Lakes, which is one of the wealthiest communities in the metro area.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Sep9791340835243
New condos being built

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Sep4791340835213

Circle Lake does have some connecting highways for commuters traveling into Renior, to work or play. Although no full freeways exisist in town yet, commuters still get to work on time, and traffic is never an issue around town.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Jun10771340644592

Downtown Circle Lake is a great place to relax with many shops and restaurants. Circle Lake Train Station is served by many trains from outlying communities and is a major interchange for commuters. Hechts department store is headquarted in town, and thier downtown store is pictured here.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Apr12901342291844

Lakeside Shopping Center is a large shopping center featuring many different shops and restaurants, and hotels. The plaza is one of the largest strip malls in Marquette.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-May8901342291932

Food Lion is one of the anchor tennants in the plaza. Others included Sears, Bass Pro Outdoor World, and Borders.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 CircleLake-Nov6901342292076

Bass Pro Outdoor World provides hunting gear, and also sells boats for boating enthusiasts. It is the newest addition to the plaza. A Hechts store is also scheduled to be built soon, along with other shops, and restaurants. Some people have also heard rumors of a small 5,000 seat ice arena being built near the plaza to host junior hockey.

Last edited by mayorm on 2012-07-16, 14:04; edited 1 time in total

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
I thought I should come on here and say how much I like Marquette. It's a very good nation, and I think you get the balance between sports and CJing much better than some others do, so keep at it! Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
Looks very American, nice work Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

Thomas- Thank you. I have always tried to incorporate sports into my CJs, without compromising the point of of the CJ (to showcase my work in SC4). I'm glad you think I have an even balance Smile
K50- Thank you

Tonight we have two ILB games on the schedule before we break for the All-Star Game this weekend.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game6y2

First up we have Bel-Guarde visiting Waumpaum.
The Batters are coming into this final game of the series looking to sweep Waupaum and overtake them in the standings. Waupaum is hoping to stop Bel Guarde and end thier spectacular 9-1 record in thier 10 games. Waupaum first baseman Gerardo Guermo is also looking to extend his hitting streak to 5 games.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Game5y2

The other game tonight is Shannon City visiting New Chatham

The Sasquatch conclude thier only series against New Chatham tonight. After dealing with some travel complications they have shown some of the play that impressed many during the early weeks of the season. The Sasquatch have struggled in this series after blowing a save situation in game 1, and being blown out 14-1 in game 2, they hope to at least re-gain some respect from the Crosscutter faithful. The Crosscutters have made some big roster moves that many thought would put an end to their first successful season in 5 years, but the Crosscutters continue to cut their way to the top of the standings. New Chatham has also improved thier attendance average from 2,680 to 3,302 per game. The Crosscutters will also host the league All-Star Game this weekend.

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Moar Stadiums! D:

Nice Razz

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I like the suburban shopping from the previous update. Moar parking = teh betters. Razz

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

111222333444- Thank you Smile
simlink- Thanks, I modeled it after a local strip mall near my house. I will try to look for a parking lot to add Smile

With the new school year approaching fast for Marquette students. I thought we could take a look at MICA.

For most students, the draw of academics is what leads them to choose to attend one of many universities in Marquette and abroad. For others it is sports, and recruitment to play sports. Marquette Intercollegiant Athletics (MICA) is the national governing body for college athletics in Marquette. MICA sponsers 18 different sports listed below:

Mens: football, baseball, soccer, swiming and diving, basketball, lacrosse, tennis, water polo, track and field, ice hockey, volleyball, wrestling, golf, cross country, and gymnastics.
Womens: softball, cheerleading, soccer, swiming and diving, basketball, golf, tennis, gymnastics, volleyball, ice hockey, field hockey, water polo, lacrosse, track and field, and cross country.

Ice hockey is the only sport to be sponsored only at the D1 level, and was not sanctioned by MICA until this summer. MICA is also set to review an application for curling to be sanctioned for the 2013-14 school year.

Currently 16 schools compete at the D1 level. The schools and logos are shown below:

Port Charlotte University Bulldogs, Westmont College Wildcats, Hanes State Ravens, Renior Metro College Spartans, Renior University Rangers, University of New Chatham Huskies, Laurier Mountain University Lions, Dearborn University Longhorns, North Shore University Knights, New Chatham Tech Tigers, Roberston Technical Institution Red Wolves, Marquette Military Academy Generals, Lake Ontario College Islanders, Appalachian Valley College Cougars, St. Benedict University Barons, and William Carter College Calvalry.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 MICATeams

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
GO (name)! Razz

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Love the logos, especially the wolf. Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac

111222333444- I'm sure you'll find one team to support Smile
simlink- Thank you. I love the wolf logo too. When I pulled it up on my google search, I knew I had to use it Smile

I know I said my CJ was on Hiatus but I have decided to do a small update.

Today Marquette is celebrating the Labor Day holiday along with its neighbors the US and Canada. Besides the many parades and fireworks displays that many towns hold across the country, the College Football Labor Day Classic features two nationally televised games to kick off the college football season.

This year the two games feature some of the top programs, including last year's Wilson Cup champions.

First up is the Lake Ontario College Islander's hosting the North Shore University Knights. The Islanders and Knights are huge rivals and usually have some intense highly contested games. Lake Ontario College is also opening the new Islander Stadium which replaced old Islander Stadium when it was wrecked down to build the current one in 2010. Lake Ontario is excited to have thier football program back on campus, as they were playing on a local high school field for the past two years.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 WhiteWater-Jun4561346636184
Islander Stadium is the home of the Lake Ontario College football team

The other game features the defending Wilson Cup champion, Appalachian Valley College Cougars visiting the Port Charlotte Bulldogs. The Cougars have a much younger team after graduating 11 seniors last year, including star quarterback Sam Rodes, but they are expected to do just as well this year with their veteran coaching staff. Meanwhile the "Dog House" will packed with rowdy PCU fans as the Bulldogs look to make MICA history this season, when their quarteback Ashton Grenedae looks to set the passing record for MICA quarterbacks.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 PortCharlotte-Feb211071267225574
The PCU Campus showing the "Dog House" in the upper left corner.

Here is a picture with the home and away jerseys for all 4 teams shown:

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 MICAUniforms

K50  

K50
Admin
Nice jerseys Smile

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
D: Those jerseys are nice! Very Happy

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Hello Everyone Very Happy

I was planning on doing a real update today, but my game crashed without me saving my work Sad So I have to do it all over again. Until then I have a news update for you.

Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Newspaper19_zpsc28e12b8

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Sorry, but the first thing I noticed was Tim Hortons. Then hockey. Razz
Nice paper. Smile

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
oooh nice webpage Razz

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!