Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Meisterville Metro Empty Meisterville Metro 2011-04-21, 23:46

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Alright the long awaited CJ I've been working on for months is about to come... For now I don't have too many pics to show, but I'll try to show some examples of what is going to be in here.

First Highways
Meisterville Metro Newpatrickjun1245412999

Second Suburbs (lots and lots)
Meisterville Metro Newpatricknov2859813015

Third Cool little niche areas of suburbs
Meisterville Metro Newpatricksep2312412985

Fourth big intersections

Meisterville Metro Northsidesep20236130343

I hope you guys don't mind the little teasers for this diary coming out... I'm still working on many different parts of this region. There is a lot going on and still yet to come of course. So until next time guys Cool

2Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-04-21, 23:48

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
oh no! sum ting wong Razz love it, love it, love it. As a fellow lover of small towns and suburbs, it looks great Smile

-Will

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

3Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-04-22, 00:25

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
If this is just a teaser, what's the rest gonna be like?? Razz

Great work, all the traffic makes it so realistic. Smile

4Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-04-22, 18:19

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great work Brenn. I love your suburban building tyle.and your use of RHW I expected to see in this DD Very Happy

5Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-04-25, 23:17

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
looks great brenn
Your off to another fast start with a good cj !

brian

6Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-04-26, 19:31

meister1235  

meister1235
Town planner
Town planner
this looks very nice brenn Smile

and the name of this DD remembers me a lot to my username

meister

7Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-04-28, 23:20

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
meister1235 wrote:this looks very nice brenn Smile

and the name of this DD remembers me a lot to my username

meister
No coincidence on that end either. Your username is my main city and the region... Very Happy

8Meisterville Metro Empty Dangerous Roads in the area! 2011-04-30, 15:42

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Welcome back guys and just wanted to explain the area for you guys since I didn't do it before.

Basically we have the area which is known as the Meisterville Metro area, in which the city of Meisterville and a neighboring community of Brian's City makes up about a half of the population (336,000 est.) Both cities were incorporated about 1900's or the turn of the 20th Century. Both have enjoyed great growth in the last century and still are growing. Most areas around the area are accustomed to seeing gridlock, for two particular reasons. One, the way the area has seen growth; roads and highways have been built however most are not well connected and curve around at seemingly random times. Two, the planning of the city in coincidence with the enormous growth in the past 20 years has grown a lot of networks beyond capacity.
Now because of this some roads that were planned ultimately to become a freeway-style corridor have become... well in between an avenue and a freeway combined. Here's an example of one of the planned freeways (still planned Rolling Eyes ) This is the planned Sim-Intercity Highway 111 in the Avondale area.
Meisterville Metro Avondalefeb251091304185
Meisterville Metro Avondalefeb141101304185

As you can tell there is some obvious safety problems w/the design of this intersection. One glaring one is the problem of decelerating from 65 mph to about 0 mph for a red light Shocked Then of course if you make tht w/out hitting anyone you have to wait in a huge backup just to get across Nielman Blvd (cross street). So eventually the local highway and city planning agency will build this road. For right now nothing immediate is going to be done to fix it, however a temporary fix has been planned for the next year for increasing lane length on the SIH 111 to about 50 yards and have an additional dual left turn lane for added capacity.

Until the road is really fixed local Avondalian's will have to pray and hope the traffic somehow goes away.

Next update I'll show some more info on the Sim Intercity Highway system so it makes sense. Also here's a regional view... yes I'm not familiar w/making it better looking. Anyways this should help w/seeing the big picture of what is occurring and to see what is upcoming Wink

Meisterville Metro Newyork1304131388
Meisterville Metro Newyork1304130978

BTW Avondale is the most Southwest city in the metro area... I'll try to have better graphics up soon Wink
So until the next update I'll cya guys

9Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-02, 19:07

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
hmmmmm.... well I say as soon as the necessary funds are rounded up, build that new interchange! Smile

great update Brenn Very Happy

10Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-04, 21:05

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
i really like the transit maps Brenn !
thanks for those

brian

11Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-12, 20:30

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
can't wait to see thedevolopements with the highways

12Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-18, 00:42

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Here's a quick region snapshot before I go on to show the next update... which I'd like to explain the (SIH system) so it makes sense. Also want to show some before and after shots of what's occurred since the last post I had.

The town of Avondale in the lower left hand corner is where we left off the other time. If you notice the highway has been extended since the other update, but that's all so far... I'll show some pics in the "official post".

Meisterville Metro Newyork1305688911

Meisterville Metro Newyork1305688858
Population has built up 30,000 more people to make the Meisterville MSA (metro statistical area) to 353,739.

Like I had mentioned above, this is sorta a teaser or appetizer to the main update I'm still getting together. So I'll cya guys until then

Last edited by brenn21 on 2011-05-19, 17:51; edited 1 time in total

13Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-18, 18:17

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Nice developments =)

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

14Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-21, 14:00

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
looks like you have a nice network of highways Very Happy

keep it up

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Welcome back everyone to this edition of Avondale's lost highway being built. Also I'll go into some more detail about the highway system I have done in the region.

Now on to Avondale which is a small town of 6500 ppl almost now. When we last spoke Avondale had some major issues at this intersection of Bierman Blvd and the Future SIH 111 highway or currently none as the "Avondale Lost Highway".
Meisterville Metro Avondalefeb141101304185
And I didn't end up showing this picture, but basically this is the SIH 111 corridor going out of Avondale...
Meisterville Metro Avondalemar301161305688
it dead ends "temporarily" to North Springs Avenue. The two roads will be re-routed once construction has been completed.

Well after several months of deliberating and political talk... the local planning agencies as well as the SimFederal Highway Commission (SFHC) have let bid on the rebuilt intersection and construction of the SIH 111 corridor through the Avondale area. Work started about 5 months ago and has come along nicely so far...
Meisterville Metro Avondaleaug613513063411
This is a similar view to what I have shown above so you guys see the before and after Wink

This is SIH 111 coming out of town
Meisterville Metro Avondaleaug181351306341
Again similar view to what I showed above for before/after view. That area around where the curve is, will be about where SIH 111 will turn more out of alignment from how it is currently. This is the reason for why the intersection with North Springs AVE. is necessary.

Here's some pictures showing where the highway will go after leaving out of the Avondale city limits.
Meisterville Metro Avondalesep813513063412

Aerial shot of where SIH 111 crosses the Meister River around Ringgold... The area here shown has been the only completed section of the entire corridor. Work is beginning on another river crossing just west of this.
Meisterville Metro Ringgoldapr130613063419

Eventually this will curve around and intersect back up towards the Bellevue area and SIH 11.Meisterville Metro Newyork1306343479

Ok for the explanation of my highways, it's mostly that the roads going from east to west are odd like SIH 11. Highways that go from north to south are even. This is the same style and method used by the Interstate system in the United States. My two main highway corridors are SIH 11 and 20. I have two bypasses and a spur highway that goes towards my southern suburbs. My most recent region view...
Meisterville Metro Newyork1306201559

That's going to do it for the update today, hope you guys come back soon to see the highway completed. And I'm currently in the process of deciding to build an amusement park, and/or a modular airport... I'd like to know your opinions on this Very Happy Well cya guys until next time

16Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-25, 16:04

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
nice one!

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

17Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-25, 20:16

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
Brenn , you continue you show why your one of the best
players who have ever played this game ..!
Nice, update

Brian

18Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-25, 20:24

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
yup, even if you do have a colts avatar Razz

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

19Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-26, 01:05

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
That's pretty dang awesome Brenn! The construction shots of the highways always look awesome

20Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-26, 14:09

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
Great construction! I love highways, and I thought that the update was amazing. Great work.

21Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-05-26, 15:39

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great update Brenn, your use of RHW is so inspiring

22Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-06-04, 00:23

brenn22  

brenn22
Visitor
Visitor
Here's a quick peek at a nicer kept area of SIH 111 (Outer Beltway) in Brian's City
Meisterville Metro Scitysep188241307157923
Tomorrow I'm going to try to get an update in... it'll be a little while after before I can do another one.

23Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-06-06, 14:51

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
The highway looks so realistic Brenn! Keep up the good work Very Happy

24Meisterville Metro Empty Re: Meisterville Metro 2011-06-08, 17:38

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
I can't wait to see more of your town! Very Happy