Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty What Frustrates you about SC4? 2010-08-16, 23:20

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
this is the place where you can take out your frustration! (one I found on simtropolis) So anyway, as the topic would imply, just state what frustrates you about SimCity 4. My current frustration is why on earth it is so hard to build roads going up slopes. I even do have a slope mod!!!

So have a fun time posting your frustrations Thumbs Up

K50  

K50
Admin
I wish it would work on Windows 7 like it did on Windows XP. I also wish whenever I collide the NAM with Maxis items my game won't crash.

On a side note, this is a really good discussion topic Cool

Town planner
Town planner
i hate when you have a huge building with 2k people in it and its abandoned when the demand is still high!!

K50  

K50
Admin
or 6K for that matter... HATE THAT!

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
I hate that abandonment too... also I hate how it is not designed for diagonal roads Evil or Very Mad

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
The game crashing for no good reason.

7What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty New Frustration 2010-08-17, 20:59

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
New frustration. Abandonment for no apparent reason.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
We need a Simcity with no grid! The grid will be used as a helper when you press the G button on the keyboard. Also, I hate how the game is NOT logical in any way. For example, there is a large business district in front of a huge residential area... The game chooses to give ALL the residents industrial jobs 4 kilometers away, adding to the abandonment problem.

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
The only thing that frustrates me right now is that there are much too few asian styled downloads avaiable.

(Sounds crazy: but I run it on vista, had no game crashes, even not when handling the NAM or other things.)

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

10What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty Frustration 2010-08-18, 10:52

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
My new frustration is why I can't plop any form of NAM puzzle pieces, whether it be RHW, NWM, or SAM. I think when it datpacked it it threw out the readme. Shocked

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Joshriddle_1234 wrote:My new frustration is why I can't plop any form of NAM puzzle pieces, whether it be RHW, NWM, or SAM. I think when it datpacked it it threw out the readme. Shocked

You should never datpack the NAM. Wink Ever.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I datpack everything, even the NAM stuff. Everything works like a charm on Vista. Razz

And Skimbo, there are plenty Asian BATs the HK/Asian BAT Team makes on Simtropolis and SC4Devotion. Just look up Bixel. What a Face

Last edited by Aldini10 on 2010-08-19, 05:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed to inform Skimbo of the Asian works bixel makes.)

13What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty Frustration 2010-08-19, 11:26

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
New frustration.

GO ACROSS THE STREET AND WORK AT THAT WALMART INSTEAD OF DRIVING 2 MILES AWAY TO WORK AND ABANDON YOUR 3K APARTMENT!!

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
@Aldini: as if I would not know that..... Rolling Eyes

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
The game crashes, for one, and for another, it is greedy of the computer's RAM, and one CPU (which is no problem if you've got a duel core CPU and 6 GB of RAM).

16What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty Furstration 2010-08-19, 14:48

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
To me one of my frustrations is with the computer specs. The way it chomps into your hard drive's space.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
That too, although I have 750GB of hard drive space. It also annoys me how you have to keep track of the CDs just to play (or disc 2, more accuratly, and that it only works with disc 2, specifically, in the drive. )

K50  

K50
Admin
unless you are very rarely installing the game, because the first disc is always lost Razz

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I still hate having to keep track of the second. And my family is good at losing/destroying CDs. I don't know how many times we've bought the game.

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
When you insert your SimCity 4 Disc 1 in the disc drive, the autorun will start. Click Play SimCity 4 and it will work like a charm. This option works for me. I only have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor, and 1GB RAM, running Vista, and there is absolutely no CTD, or lagging whatsoever. Smile

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I got the same CPU and Windows 7.

It doesn't lag with only 1 GB of RAM on Vista? Wow. Vista is greedy for RAM.

22What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty Slow Load Times 2010-08-19, 18:18

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Right now it is slow load times. Would a bigger CPU help that any?

K50  

K50
Admin
whats your RAM?

24What Frustrates you about SC4? Empty RAM 2010-08-19, 20:55

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
RAM (Random Access Memory) is your virtual memory. It is a form of memory that isn't written to the hard drive. I couldn't tell you what it does though. It should be on Wikipedia if anything.

Last edited by Joshriddle_1234 on 2010-08-19, 20:56; edited 1 time in total

K50  

K50
Admin
no, whats your amount of RAM

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum