Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
My cities tend to spring up pretty fast in the game, and given the rapid development, I'm constantly raising the funding for schools and hospitals. I'm not really the kind of player that likes to fund each school precisely what it needs, so I tend just to slide the bar way above what I need, and as soon as there is a strike I'll just build another school. Razz

So basically, just out of curiosity, do overfunded schools provide better education, or is it just a total waste of money entirely?

-Blake

Lot_Creator  

Lot_Creator
Commoner
Commoner
Yes and no. They over-funded schools don't provide "better" education, they only handle more sims. To provide better education you have to place all the roots of eductaion, AKA, elementary school, high school, museums, libraries, universities, colleges, those raise the IQ quite significatly, beware, this system sucks up lots of money and fast, so you have to have good funds for it. But a large city should be able to produce the money required to run this.

LC, VC

http://truthandlies.forumotion.com/

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
I do the same Blake but I choose fewer schools and never get overcrowding as a result. Nor do I get rioting

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
A big part of it is that I'm usually too lazy to check how much funding I actually need Razz I usually can keep my tax base growing, so usually I won't worry about cutting funding until I have a need to.

The main exception for me is with the hospitals. Even one of those small clinics costs $400+/month, and honestly that's a bit pricey Razz It gets more sims in work though, so it always pays off.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum