Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-08, 20:34

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Here is a nuclear meltdown in SC4:

If you look carefully, you might notice that this city is actually a city I featured in one of my DDs. Don't worry, I didn't save after this disaster. In case you are wondering how long nuclear radiation takes to dissipate, it is a mere 10,000 years. (Considering that Uranium has a half life of 4.5 billion years, that ain't so bad!)

Below: My old version of this video. This was captured in a small town (A small town that was created in about two minutes, that is. It has a better framerate, but for some reason, it was sped up a little. I think I messed up when I was creating the video. It was like six months ago.

Sorry about the low framerate. Even my new computer doesn't seem to be good at capturing video. Enjoy!

2Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-09, 14:23

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
uuhm.... Neutral okay....

Do you want to create some :cyclops: 👽 🐒 :f: ?

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

3Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-09, 16:43

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Nuclear power plant downtown? Neutral

If this were RL your mayor rating would be in the negatives by now. lol!

4Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-09, 19:01

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I just thought it would be interesting to show.

In real life, nuclear meltdowns are definitely not a good thing. Obviously, I don't like their occurrence in real life, but I think it is interesting in SC4, knowing that it is just a game.

Joshriddle_1234: It was actually right next to downtown. I picked that location specifically for the video because I thought it would be an interesting spot.

The city doesn't actually have a nuclear power plant. As I said in the post, I didn't save the city after. I put the nuclear power plant in specifically for the video, so it is as if it did not happen.

5Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-10, 06:12

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
I hate the nuclear plants... The fusion plants as well...

I prefeir solar energy Very Happy (And the power of Waste)

6Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-10, 10:54

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Skimbo wrote:I hate the nuclear plants... The fusion plants as well...

I prefeir solar energy Very Happy (And the power of Waste)

WTE is pretty good if you have garbage troubles, but the only disadvantage is it is expensive, and pollutes badly.

That said, I mainly use Wind, once the city gets bigger, custom content clean coal power plants, or the fightthepower cheat. Razz

7Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-10, 16:16

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
well, Every bigger city has waste problems and when it comes to smaller cities just every 4th city has a waste plant, some of the costs for the plant are payed by the other cities that want to get rid of their waste.

8Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-10, 17:32

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Skimbo wrote:well, Every bigger city has waste problems and when it comes to smaller cities just every 4th city has a waste plant, some of the costs for the plant are payed by the other cities that want to get rid of their waste.

Youre right about big cities having trash issues. Literally I had to provide huge 10x15 tiles of landfill areas for a 200,000 resident city. But really all this city was was a giant skyscraper land.

9Nuclear meltdown in SC4 Empty Re: Nuclear meltdown in SC4 2010-12-10, 18:18

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
That city actually has a bunch of coal power plants and a huge landfill on its westside. Some of its garbage goes to Edwardsport (a suburb) as well.

The westside of the city is more run-down than the eastside. That video was taken from the eastside, very close to downtown.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum