Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Here is the rapidly sprawling city of New Modernoville. I'll get to its history shortly, but I should first go into looking at the actual city.

Well, where shall we start, then? Why not show off the whole city?
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  EntireCity69

I might as well move on to downtown now. This is a close up of downtown.
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Close-up-Downtown69
Surprisingly, the areas surrounding downtown have generally taller buildings than downtown itself. The larger view looks more like this:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Downtownlargerview69
That highway that curves around is what I call the "Herriman Bypass". It could be spelled "Hairy-man Bypass," but I didn't spell it like that the day the original highway was completed, so I don't today. How did it earn such an unusual name? Well, there was a notable resident near the bypass that lived there during its construction. His name was Harry. Harry was brutally objective to the construction of the bypass, even at the age of 16 years old. He hated the idea so much that the planners decided to name it after him in his dishonour. While in the naming process, they realized that "harryman" wasn't looking quite right, so they simply named it "Herriman Bypass" instead. JUst to keep track, Harry soon moved to Eastern Bank, and is suspected as causing a massive fire in the city a few years ago.
Here are some of the north-east locations of the non-utility parts of the developed city:

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Hydrogen-Power69

You might notice the hydrogen power plant. I actually am losing around $5,000 a month due to it, but I won't do anything about it until I need to. I have over $2,000,000 in reserves, LOL.

The southern areas are mainly moderate in density. I like this part of the city.
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  SouthernAreas69-1

The east areas are mainly industrial in nature.
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  IndustrailEast69

The peninsula on the city's westside:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Westlandarea69

Recently, I built a new bridge on the westside. It wasn't there until year 69. So far, it isn't used well, but I was mainly planning for the future.

Bonus pic:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Closup169

The History:
New Modernoville was created after a major highway in the region was extended through downtown Eastern Bank, its neighboring city to the west. The highway is its primary mode of transportation between cities. New Modernoville quickly grew. Early on, since Eastern-Bank is a city of 270,000 people, New Modernoville had a hard time with jobs. Now, New Modernoville has over 180,000 Jobs in total. The city rapidly began to grow even still. In the last 10 years, the city has grown only by about 20,000 people, but before then, it was exploding continuously!

The Region:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Region69

The Transportation System:
There is a large transportation system in the City of New Modernoville. The entire city is served by a well-designed bus system. About 1/3 of the city is served by the subway, and there is a rail system serving parts of the city. There is a grid of avenues and highways throughout the city. The Herriman Bypass has been a fast route around downtown, and the one highway that extends from Pacificas to New Modernoville (which I call I. 94) serves as the main transportation route between Eastern Bank and New Modernoville. The ferries are also a major route between the cities. Unfortunately, the only mass transit between the two twin-cities is the bus. It is planned to build a subway route to Eastern Bank since Eastern Bank also has a downtown subway. This should occur soon.

The Stats:
Population: 312,342
Jobs: Approx. 185,000 (approximate value)
Population_rank: 1st. (Eastern Bank is second, Pacificas third, and Bigsmallcity 4th.)
Suburbs: 3 of its own. 4 including Photon Town, which is also part of the Eastern-Bank metro.
What it serves as in the region: A major population and job center. Eastern Bank has always been the capitol, and remains so today.

Last edited by blakesterville on 2010-10-15, 17:41; edited 11 times in total

un1  

Exploring the territory
Exploring the territory
Very nice! The city looks great, good job and good luck with the CJ! Very Happy

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very Happy Great job on the city and region blakesterville

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate them. One quick update: there is now a subway/el-rail between Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
good to hear that you got the new subway connecion. looking forward to more Smile

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I thought that I would go ahead and show the city of Edwardsport near downtown:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Edwardsportneardowntownhousing

Another pic is of Subobia. No, its naming isn't an accident. I didn't want to go too cliche with "Suburbia".
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Subobiaoverview1-1

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
nice it looks like you have both rural and suburban suburbs

Paulobrazilianguy  

Paulobrazilianguy
Passerby
Passerby
you have a complex system of highways there, very good. Very Happy

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
The highway that I love the most is one I call I.94. The highway that goes through Edwardsport is 94. The one through Subobia is highway 35. Thanks for the comments guys. Very Happy

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Here I show a section of Eastern-Bank.
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Roundabout_district-1

Here is the city of Pacificas.
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Entirecity54

Fargo may have been a bit of a mystery up until now. Fargo was actually a heavily planned city, like Pacificas and bigsmallcity. The other cities weren't planned much. They are sort-of built-as-you-go types.

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Maincity1

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
nice update blakesterville, keep it up cheers

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Here is more of the City of Edwardsport:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Edwardsport-FullCity24

Looking at congestion? All that congestion on the left side of the pic is due to traffic distributing itself through the streets and roads of Edwardsport to connect to Pacificas. Pacificas has a lot of traffic traveling the border. Most of it goes through the highway.

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  EdwardsportCongestionView27

By-the-way, the rebuilding and reconstruction of the Herriman Bypass is under way. I should have that soon. I don't have it complete, yet, though.

Eastern Bank is probably the biggest mystery here, so I finally plan to show the whole city:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  FullCity173

I hope to be able to show more later. The island to the east is downtown. The original downtown wasn't actually located there. You have to go back to the very earliest years of the city to see that it was originally on the westside. The westside is one of the most run-down areas of the city today. Downtown has been located in its current position for at least 150 SC4 years.

Last edited by blakesterville on 2010-04-01, 19:29; edited 1 time in total

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
looks like a few high traffic areas to be fixed, the last pic looks great Very Happy

Last edited by mayorm on 2010-04-01, 19:36; edited 1 time in total

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks for the comment! Yeah, the traffic has always been a problem in most of the region's cities. Especially Pacificas and New Modernoville. Eastern Bank has traffic problems too, but they aren't as bad. Edwardsport has the problem of being a major transportation center. It also has the problem of too many people wanting to move there, since it has an excellent location considering jobs.

Paulobrazilianguy  

Paulobrazilianguy
Passerby
Passerby
i loved the city, the terrain is very nice to work, diferent, not all straight, how we see in all CJs (not all of course). But i see you have tousands of bridges, maybe this is nothing very realistic, but the trafic is not hard in that areas Wink

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks for the comment! I appreciate it. Eastern Bank is my most valued of cities because of the work put into it. It isn't my biggest city, but I love it, and the terrain I loved working with. I really appreciate it!

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Downtown173

Closer pic of downtown. Yes, the lower-density northern areas are officially part of downtown. The whole island is.

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Westareas173

The west areas in more detail.

This is where the city's old downtown is located:

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  OldDowntown173west

Mayorm: It seems that you like universities. Very Happy This is the University of Eastern Bank.

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  UniversityofEasternBank173

Eastern Bank currently serves as the region capitol. It has 270,000 residents.

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
lol! yep love the universities, anyway looks like a great city blakesterville

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
THanks for the comment! I'll probably have a little while before the next update since I mangled my computer. Umm... I am confined to LInux for now, but hopefully I can fix Windows and get more updates shortly.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I know I haven't posted an update in a long time, but here:
The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Fargo16

The whole region
: The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Region

I'm sorry that a couple of the cities didn't show right. Sorry about that. Smile

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
the cities that ain't showing up do not matter at all, you've buildt a very nice region Smile

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
np blakesterville. Also I had the same problem once, I just played the city for a while and they showed up again.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks guys.
Here is a suburb you haven't seen yet.

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Downtowncarmelwoods12

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Carmelwoods12

This is carmel woods. It has 5,200 people.

Here is the city of Pacificas:

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Pacificas54

I upgraded most of both stretches of highway to elevated highway for a few reasons:
(1) for space reasons (smaller interchanges). As you can see, the city is very limited on space, and (2), to allow more underpasses to the highway.

Here is a nighttime view of Pacificas:

The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  Pacificas55

I added pictures to this post since its creation to avoid double posting.

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Very great work! The Twin cities of Eastern Bank and New Modernoville.  884792

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum