Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What are the temps in your area?

Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_lcap22%Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_lcap33%Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_lcap33%Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_lcap11%Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_lcap0%Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_lcap0%Simmania Weather Channel I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Simmania Weather Channel Empty Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 18:48

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Formerlly Heat wave may Never Go Away!

Last Monday school started for the year. Relatively easy, since me and my brother are homeschooled we are currently starting at 8:30, finishing at lunch time. Me and him aren't complaining, it has been very easy and simple, however we find that once the review part of the school year ends we will find out we were wrong about it being the schedule.

Autumn is coming soon. Yesterday it rained, in some places rather hard. That brought the temps down from the mid hundreds to the low 90s. Nighttime got down into the 60s. Nobody was complaining, the day was rainy, cooled us off, however I thought we were being set up for something. We were.

Today it was up to about 100 degrees again. The night will be down to the low 80s most likely. When I was in the car my shirt got wet.

Counts the seconds, one mississippi, two mississippi...

Autumn is coming on soon. Ususally things get down into the 80s and starts getting down into the 50s at night here. Time to bring out the short sleeve shirts instead of tanktops and start raking up some leaves.

Question and poll is, what is it like in your area?

Last edited by Joshriddle_1234 on 2010-09-08, 20:31; edited 1 time in total

2Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 19:03

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
Thats subjective and I'm not gonna give my answer cuz I think that (I'm getting too aclimated to this DC weather Razz) it is too subjective. I think Hot is anything over 80, good weather is around 65 and cold is anything below that... ain't never going to antarcica Smile

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

3Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 19:13

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Fall like cold front just hit the bluegrass, its much cooler now but a few weeks ago it was terrible.

4Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 19:16

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Guitarmansuperstar wrote:Thats subjective and I'm not gonna give my answer cuz I think that (I'm getting too aclimated to this DC weather Razz) it is too subjective. I think Hot is anything over 80, good weather is around 65 and cold is anything below that... ain't never going to antarcica Smile
Question

5Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 19:49

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
I'm saying its subjective, "Hot," "Warm," etc.

I'd say its nicely warm here in DC though... more humidity I think.

6Simmania Weather Channel Empty Reply 2010-08-26, 20:11

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Actually you know I meant it when I said "I live in Antarctica". Who knows if someone isn't a SimCity 4 fan, and works at an Antarctic research station.

7Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 20:15

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
I wouldn't have thought of that, if anyone who is and reads this is angry, my bad. I didn't think about that.

8Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-26, 22:49

K50  

K50
Admin
The weather in Portland is terrible. The hottest it got was 73 degrees and that was midnight. Pretty sad really....

9Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Heat Wave 2010-08-27, 14:23

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I see according to the polls, things are cooling down. I see only 33% of voters are living in the hot zone. A change from 70% on another forum.

However a cold front came trhough, bringing temps into the low 90s

10Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-28, 03:59

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
Today in my metro area, it was 107°F. Not a cloud in sight, but as the day progressed, many towering cumulonimbus clouds developed. The temps eventually dropped to about 100°, but the rain poured. Flash flood season is here, and has been like this for 3 days already. The lake is filling up, but still record levels. Now the forecast calls for a 90° high on the day school starts here in Las Vegas. There is actually a cool wave coming this way, so our 43 days of triple digit temps end on Monday. Usually in Texas there are very stubborn heat waves, so live with it as I do here in this desert oasis.

Good luck in school!

11Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Heat Wave 2010-08-28, 15:02

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Today may have been the end of the heat wave! Today it got no higher than 90, meaning night time got no higher than 70. Yay! Very Happy

12Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-30, 09:17

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
12 degrees celsius, wind, often rain.... like in early april....

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

13Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Heat Wave 2010-08-30, 15:47

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I think today it is still a tad hot.

14Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-08-31, 00:43

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
The morning high for us today was 76°F. Then it got hotter as the day progressed, but still feeling very fresh here. Razz

15Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Heat wave may never go away 2010-09-03, 10:21

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
It has been cool lately. I think for us it is the end of the heat spell.

16Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-03, 10:34

K50  

K50
Admin
Yesterday in Portland it got up to 80 degrees, it hasn't been that hot for two weeks.

Honestly I am wondering how hot you guys do have it, I mean, this is the coldest and wettest summer on record for about 25 years in Portland Razz

17Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-03, 16:05

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I actually don't mind 95 degree temperatures.

18Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Heat wave 2010-09-03, 17:06

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
blakesterville wrote:I actually don't mind 95 degree temperatures.

I do.

Good greify-gus today it was only 80!!! Winds from the north!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

19Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-05, 15:51

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
The weather is great here in STL, at a cards game (on phone) and so is back home in Georgetown.

20Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-06, 21:27

Aldini10  

Aldini10
Renting
Renting
I used to beat the heat with my great AC unit, but now the sun's heat is beating down on us because the cooling unit broke somehow.

I will be alright, but we are running out of money and I am afraid we will not be able to pay for such damages.

Well, I hope it will get fixed soon!

21Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-07, 16:49

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
My parents had to replace the A/C recently. I hear "We simply don't have the money to do that" more often than I would like to, but at least we had the money to replace the A/C. We live in a hotel (still) -- We moved out of our house right after we replaced the unit. Right now, we don't have to worry about the A/C. Neutral

Dude, I wish I could do something.

Last edited by blakesterville on 2010-09-08, 19:37; edited 1 time in total

22Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-08, 10:54

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
you're lucky, guys, if we've got a good day we reach 15° celsius +wind+rain, but at weekend it shoud get better

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Dallas is under a tornado warning this evening. Strong wind gusts over here. Low 80s (F)

24Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-09, 11:12

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Vienna: freakin' cold(much too low for early september), 15°c over here, cloudy.

25Simmania Weather Channel Empty Re: Simmania Weather Channel 2010-09-09, 16:56

Wacky32  

Wacky32
Town planner
Town planner
Its beautiful out here in horse country, 69 degrees!

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum