Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Explosion Near Waco, TX Empty Explosion Near Waco, TX 2013-04-18, 11:59

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
The explosion of a fertilizer plant in the small town of West, near Waco, killed anywhere from 8-40 people (the actual death toll is still awaiting confirmation), injured nearly 200 others, and destroyed or caused extensive damage to 75+ buildings. The explosion was felt in Waxahachie, a distance of 40-ish miles, and was heard in Dallas, 70-ish miles north.

Early reports said 60-70 people had died. This probably isn't true, though as always the number of deaths may increase. If it had the ability to rattle buildings 40 miles north, its hard to imagine how it was in West itself. My heart goes out to those people and I hope, and pray, there'll be no more deaths resulting from this.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20130417-cleanup-begins-search-for-survivors-continues-after-massive-fertilizer-plant-explosion-in-west.ece

-------------

Update 6:30PM (16:30) 18/4 - The mayor of West actually stated that the death toll may rise to 40. This hasn't been confirmed or denied by the Texas DPS.

Last edited by Cheeseguy on 2013-04-18, 23:39; edited 5 times in total

2Explosion Near Waco, TX Empty Re: Explosion Near Waco, TX 2013-04-18, 12:22

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
60-70 dead? That's a tragic situation for sure, especially after the Boston explosion. My heart goes out to all of the victims of the incident.

3Explosion Near Waco, TX Empty Re: Explosion Near Waco, TX 2013-04-18, 15:35

suzaku  

suzaku
Visitor
Visitor
I've been through West before (my brother was stationed at Fort Hood a few years back). Not a huge town.

Sad tragedy. Sad

4Explosion Near Waco, TX Empty Re: Explosion Near Waco, TX 2013-04-18, 20:29

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
Thanks for reporting this Josh
I pray that the death toll is not too bad..

5Explosion Near Waco, TX Empty Re: Explosion Near Waco, TX 2013-04-18, 20:33

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Our hearts go out to those poor people.

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum