Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DDOTM  

Spectator
Spectator
On a side note, yes, this event and the DDOTM account were started with Blake's permission. This event is coordinated by Cheeseguy.

Developer Diary of the Month - Information/Winners 1

Now that the site has considerably grown, the DDOTMs are back. Your nominations are needed for this to be successful. Here's how the DDOTMs work.

Nominations will be sent to the DDOTM account. At the end of each month, the results are counted and the DD (developer diary) with the most nominations wins that month. You can nominate anyone that has an active DD. In early 2011, there was a first attempt at DDOTMs, but they didn't last any longer than two months.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Are there MOTMs?
Yes. They can be found here

Where can I find DDOTM winners?
They will be announced at the end of each month in this topic.

When do nominations close and open?
Nominations open as soon as the winner from the prior month is announced. Nominations technically do not "close" as nominations run non-stop. As soon as nominations for one month close, they re-open for the next month.

Are DDOTMs run year round?
The DDOTMs run all months except December. Both the MOTMs and DDOTMs close in December because of the SMPCA awards.

Is it possible to win two consecutive rounds?
Theoretically it is possible, but we prefer to have a new winner each month. If a person has won two months in a row, it's unlikely that you will win again and the person with the second most nominations will likely be selected.

How to nominate:
Send a message to the DDOTM account with the name of the journal you're nominating. The author of said journal is not required. We encourage you to provide the reason for nominating that particular DD as it makes counting and announcing results easier.

Tiebreaker Procedure:
If two journals receive the same amount of votes, an extra vote will be added to the one who has less DDOTM awards. If the awards are equal, the person with less site awards will be used. If these awards are also equal, the winner will be determined by a coin flip.

Last edited by DDOTM on 2013-03-30, 20:57; edited 1 time in total

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
This is definitely an interesting idea, and I'm glad to see them back. I will send in my nomination tonight. I might make an announcement in the news part of the homepage sometime tomorrow as well.

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
Josh,
I am glad you brought this idea back.
I will try to be as active as I can with it. Which includes letting others know and urging them
to participate in a great concept.

Thanks, Brian

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I'll be submitting my nomination in later tonight. Thanks for brining this back, it's a great way to recognize someone in the community. Smile

http://simopsis.com

B-more4  

B-more4
Town planner
Town planner
Awesome idea!! I'll be thinking of my nom. Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum