Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

K50  

K50
Admin
The next update is currently not scheduled.

Simmania 3.0 Information Thread Sss_3_10
unofficial logo for use in this thread only

Simmania 3.0 is coming together. This thread is your location to find out all that is happening when the site goes down. 3.0 is coming along and many small improvements will be made. Fortunately, most of these updates will be done outside of peak hours (on EST that's around 7:30 PM) so a lot of you won't have to deal with a site down for maintenance, but obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.

After an update, you will NOT see any visible differences, unless the notification telling you the site is down is visibly different (you'll know when it is).

The majority of the small updates will be about six hours after peak times and most will last for about an hour. When any updates happen, the entire site, including the chat, portal, messages, and forums will go offline. The only thing that will remain up is the Twitter, where the administrator doing the work (usually that is going to be me) will be on to talk to anyone with questions about the updates. Between updates this thread will be open for questions which me and my two colleagues will answer to the best of our ability. Because we want to keep you guessing, we might not answer all questions Wink

Below is a chart so you know what we're going to be doing and when. This only includes the tasks that require downtime.

Simmania 3.0 Information Thread 32px-Crystal_Clear_action_applyUpdated
  • Reorganizing groups
  • Cleanup to the SSS
  • Updating graphics on the Twitter
  • Addition of new moderation
  • Addition of new moderation
  • Release of a new chat
  • Releasing Exchange
  • Reorganizing ranks

Simmania 3.0 Information Thread 32px-Preferences-system.svgOn Deck
  • Work on the portal
  • Updating graphics on the Twitter

Simmania 3.0 Information Thread 32px-Appointment-new.svgComing later

• Reorganizing navbar
  • Releasing PunBB

Last edited by K50 on 2012-11-26, 21:59; edited 1 time in total

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Happy to see progress is coming along... site changes are always very exciting. Smile

Also glad to see you are using PunBB - from my experience it is the most up-to-date while still being flexible. Nice choice. My question isn't really related to what the site will look like, but rather the "beta" you've been doing. Did you do it here on this site or another? (I'm not trying to find, just curious having done a tiny bit of work with FM templated.)

Nice work K50 + blakesterville + mayorm!

http://simopsis.com

K50  

K50
Admin
simLink wrote:Did you do it here on this site or another? (I'm not trying to find, just curious having done a tiny bit of work with FM templated.)
That's classified Razz

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
K50 wrote:
simLink wrote:Did you do it here on this site or another? (I'm not trying to find, just curious having done a tiny bit of work with FM templated.)
That's classified Razz

Simmania 3.0 Information Thread Tumblr_m8s2a3XCDA1r06u14

Razz

http://simopsis.com

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
D: New site Very Happy

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
whats the current progress on this? things have seemed to be idle lately. sorry if i'm nagging, just curious

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum