Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MasterBuilder  

Exploring the territory
Exploring the territory
I have copied this post from simtropolis. It was made my me.

Hey Simmania! Ive just made a small or large discovery...which ever you think it is. You can make faded,old looking streets,roads,avenues,and highways with this method. Here's a picture of what it should look when your done.
Hey ST! I've just made a small or large discovery...which ever you think it is. You can make faded,old looking streets,roads,avenues,and highways with this method. Here's a picture of what it should look when your done.
Faded ,old looking road with no plugins!(yes, It looks like a faded road) Southbreatonfeb10371272
Picture from an upcoming update in my CJ...(I think my medians aren't effected because they are a plugin from simpeg.)
Look at the avenues. They are faded. I'm not sure this will stay this way when you re-enter your city. If it doesn't,then you will have to do the method again. Anyway... First,go to the water pollution data view. Build the road,street etc. that you want to be faded. Then exit the data view. The textures of the things you placed should be the same as they were in the data view. Congratulations! You have roads that look faded without plug ins installed(You might need to do it a few times to make the roads look right,and whenever you build a street,road,etc.connecting to the faded road or you build a road over that faded road out of the data view, the textures will go back to normal.).Also, if this is already known,be free do delete this if you're a mod.

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
hmmm nice tutorial Smile maybe we should add a separate board for tutorials scratch

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I considered getting the plugin a while back, or one like it. Nice discovery.

This is just an idea, but the tutorials might be able to go on the SSS board. I don't know though; it's only an idea.

4Faded ,old looking road with no plugins!(yes, It looks like a faded road) Empty The Image is Gone 2010-08-16, 21:37

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
The image is giving me a 403 error

K50  

K50
Admin
Joshriddle_1234 wrote:The image is giving me a 403 error
it was removed

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
MasterBuilder: You might try uploading it to photobucket.com I've never knowingly had an image booted off from there. so it might work better.

7Faded ,old looking road with no plugins!(yes, It looks like a faded road) Empty Re: Tutorial 2010-08-29, 18:11

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Generally using Imageshack was a waste of time. Go to Photobucket.

Also on a side note, this sounds like a good tutorial

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum