Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very nice town! Reminds me of Tropico a lot Very Happy

Ceafus 88  

Ceafus 88
Town planner
Town planner
This is really quite amazing!! Love it! Smile

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Very Nice Very Happy

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Purty :3

elavery  

Passerby
Passerby
Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Mahibadhoos_banner_3

Replies:

mayorm: I am not familiar with tropico.
Frex_Ceafus: Thanks for visiting.
Republicmaster: Thanks!
111222333444: A bit nicer than the rubbish island eh?

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_image_5

Dhiraagu International Airport is located on the island of Hulhulé, just 1.4 kilometres from the capital, Dhiraagu. The island is largely reclaimed and in considered an administrative ward of Dhiraagu. The airport is served by multiple airlines regularly and then many charter airlines on a more sporadic basis.

Emirates Airlines offers flights once a week to fellow Zouérat Islamic Federation members Gharbiyya and Dhahran and also to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 500px-emirates_logo_svg

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_image_3

Saudi Arabian Airlines offers flights once a week to Jeddah and Riyadh.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Saudi_arabian_airlines

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_image_2

Monarch Airlines offers charter flights from Luton, Birmingham, and Manchester in the United Kingdom.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Monarch_airlines

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_image_1

Etihad offers flights once every two weeks from Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Etihad_airways

Qatar Airways offers flights once a week to Doha.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 1000px-qatar_airways_logo_svg

While Dhiraagu International Airport may not be the busiest airport around it is a vital link between the Mahibadhoos and the rest of the world and enables the tourist industry to flourish. Tourists can catch a boat directly from the island of Hulhulé to their resort island, most of which can be reached in an hour at most.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_mosaic_1

In the next update we will continue our look at the island of Hulhulé and the International Airport.[b]

K50  

K50
Admin
Wow, you are waaaay behind your updating here compared to ST Razz

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
LOL Razz bad elavery Razz

I love the dhow-ferry concept of transportation... although how would you bring cars onto other islands? Razz

elavery  

Passerby
Passerby
Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Mahibadhoos_banner_3

Replies:

k50: Yes, I am a bit behind. I will catch up eventually.
111222333444: Cars are uncommon on the other islands, even Dhiraagu the capital city doesn't have an abundance of cars. Hulhulé has the most cars of any island in the Mahibadhoos.

Today we visit Dhiraagu International Airport on the island of Hulhulé for the second and final time. Today you will see the cargo terminal...

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_image_4

...the Hulhulé Airport Hotel, the Domestic terminal, and the International terminal.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_mosaic_3

Here you can see the newly-built Control Tower on the Eastern side of the island.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_mosaic_2

And finally, another mosaic. (I am not sure if this website supports this horizontal mosaic. I can only see one end of it on my computer)

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_airport_mosaic_4

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Nice Airport Smile

K50  

K50
Admin
Simmania, at the moment, cuts off pictures that are wider than the forums are. Height doesn't really matter too much, but a panorama won't do too well here Razz We've been planning on upgrading our forum appearance for a while and that should likely change when we do, allowing that to show. Smile

I love the MMP's you put around that runway by the way, you did a much better job than I did.

tang29  

tang29
Passerby
Passerby
Good job, I like your airport.

http://simland.eu/forum

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow, that's an amazing airport Razz

elavery  

Passerby
Passerby

Replies

Thank you everyone for your comments!

Just a hint of what is to come when we visit the capital of the Mahibadhoos, Dhiraagu.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_1

forthwall  

forthwall
Visitor
Visitor
Very Nice Very Happy

elavery  

Passerby
Passerby
Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_banner

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_2

Dhiraagu is the capital and most populous city in the Mahibadhoos. With a 103,000 people crammed into 6 square kilometres (2 square miles), Dhiraagu contains a third of the Mahibadhian population and almost every Mahibadhian at some point either lives in or visits the city as it is the center of all administration and bureaucracy. The population has increased 80,000 in the last 25 years. The city of Dhiraagu is the only ordinary Mahibadhian city that tourists are permitted to visit and experience the traditional Islamic culture of the nation.

In the mosaic below you can see the bustling port on the northern shore of the island and the marina where tourists enter the city. Tourists can immediately immerse themselves in the main business district of the city and Jumhoree Maidhaan - the central square which is bordered by the National Islamic Centre, the National Military Headquarters, and the National Police Headquarters. Just behind the National Islamic Centre is the Sultan Park - the national garden of the Mahibadhoos. Jumhoree Maidhaan has been the center of much protest lately as the Mahibadhian people have been fighting against government corruption and poor living standards.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_3

Also near Jumhoree Maidhaan is the ancient Friday Mosque - the oldest structure in the country with its historic graveyard.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_image_3

Across the street from the Friday Mosque is Muliaage - the Presidential Palace which is also a historic building. Contrasting both the Friday Mosque and Muliaage is the Velaanaage Office Building, the largest and most modern office structure in the nation.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_image_4

In a bid to improve living standards and happiness on the island the government decided to construct a man-made beach to offer a small escape from the hustle and bustle of the cramped capital. The man-made beach was built on reclaimed land and is a hit with the locals - most tourists leave their beach-going until they reach the resort islands.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_image_1

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_image_2

By night, Dhiraagu continues to bustle with the entertainment tonight being an international football match at the National Stadium between the Mahibadhoos and Cape Verde.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_night_image_2

Over at Jumhoree Maidhaan, the green glow of the Presidential Palce illuminates the night sky.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_night_image_1

Please join me next time as we continue our tour of Dhiraagu.

Logginin  

Visitor
Visitor
Another great city Very Happy
It's impressive how you keep coming with stories and long texts Razz

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
The detail is really stunning. Love the night pics! Very Happy

elavery  

Passerby
Passerby
Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_banner

Replies:

Logginin: I try my best to make the Developer Diary interesting
Blake: Thanks!

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_image_6

Today we continue our tour of Dhiraagu, the capital city of the Mahibadhoos. Dhiraagu is an extremely crowded city but as you can see, there are a few areas reserved for recreation - these basketball and football courts being a good example of this.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_4

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_5

Dhiraagu has a sizeable commercial port that is the second biggest in the country. Banidhoo, which we saw in an earlier update has the nations biggest port.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_7

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_6

Another spot of recreation, Henveiru Stadium (capacity 500) which is home to local soccer club Eagles FC and acts as a training ground for the Mahibadhian national team when the National Stadium is unavailable.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_image_5

For now, another Mahibadhian day comes to a close under the glow of the National Islamic Centre.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_night_image_3

bben  

bben
Resident
Resident
u gene, you always use the best water mods man Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 26721

Republicmaster  

Republicmaster
Quadruple digits!
Quadruple digits!
Nice beaches and Epic mosaic! Very Happy

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
@brian - azure blue Wink

Very Nice! And congrats on the Trixie! Very Happy

forthwall  

forthwall
Visitor
Visitor
Loving that amazing coast Very Happy

elavery  

Passerby
Passerby

Replies:

bben: Rivit's water mods are always top class.
Republicmaster: I like mosaics.
111222333444: The trixie was quite the reward for my work.
forthwall: Thanks!

A couple of mosaics today which prominently display the National Sports Complex which contains basketball and tennis courts, football training fields, and the National Cricket Stadium. Cricket is a rapidly growing sport in the Mahibadhoos, despite being one of the lowest ranked national teams.

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_8

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_9

And finally, a mosaic which shows the entire island of Dhiraagu; I think this shot shows just how crowded the capital city is. The small size of the island is popular with tourists as they can walk the entire city and experience centuries of Mahibadhian culture in one afternoon before heading off to the resort islands

(Please treat the following image as unofficial as I don't consider its appearance to be up to the standards I wish to set in this Developer Diary - unfortunately the sea walls I use do not look great at this zoom level and some of the buildings have a strange appearance also).

Zouérat Islamic Federation (Update #20 - April 12, 2013) - Page 3 Dhiraagu_mosaic_10[b]

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum