Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1North Gate Empty North Gate 2011-01-29, 18:16

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I'm writing this for my site, Josh's site (Simcityville.forummotion is Josh's) and this site to help support all of them. I intend to update this at every site the CJ is featured on. I haven't had the time to make new content like I wanted to, so I thought I'd try this.

This is a city in syndication that I created a long time ago. In other words, the city is already fairly developed. I've taken pictures all along the way and intend to reveal a few at a time for each update. Please understand that any suggestions cannot take effect until I get to the current stage in this city. The interesting side of this, however, is that I know the near future for this city. Mwahahaha! lol!

IMPORTANT: We all hate Udrive it indicators? right? Well, I was stupid enough to leave them on when making this city (in the older days, that is. The more recent pics don't have 'em, but we aren't anywhere near there yet. ) Thus, I cannot remove them from these pictures. Sorry about this, and please try your best to overlook them.

I'd like to start out with the earliest days of this city. This was the original zoning taking effect. Not too much so far.

North Gate Northgate-Apr24021229788733

I soon expanded it to further areas:

North Gate Northgate-Apr24021229788765

North Gate Northgate-May26041229791137

And even further...

North Gate Northgate-May26041229791171

This was the early stage of the city's development. Obviously, it's more like a small town covering a large area. It took the city a long time to come past that, but we aren't quite there yet. The city did take big strides, though. Take a look:

North Gate Northgate-Mar14461230499674

And there are some interesting shots too:

North Gate Northgate-Jul15121229871641

The city did develop into a better place in time. The early days weren't all bad.

North Gate Northgate-Jul29121229871699

Above you saw the city's beautiful downtown for the early days. The downtown is more built-up now than it was, but still hasn't lost that beauty.

North Gate Northgate-Aug3251230391635

North Gate Northgate-Sep10191229878546

Those are other views of downtown.

If you want more pictures from this stage in history, I've got 'em, but I think I'd rather focus on moving forward into the next stage of history for this city.

Enjoy!

2North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-29, 18:20

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Good job, but I would turn off the UDI symbols Wink

3North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-29, 18:22

Bruce  

Bruce
Renting
Renting
Good start, but I agree with cheesy, turn off the UDI icons, hide menus, hide pause stuff, and get some CC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

4North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-30, 05:33

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
Nearly no CC, especially a slopemod would do a great job.

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

5North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-30, 16:35

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks for the comments, guys!

I know I'm not to this point yet, but I think I'll give a sneak peak of the city much later in history. (This is not current, just later in history.)This is not an update, and the next update will probably not show the city this far yet, but I can't help myself.

North Gate DowntownCentralIntersection75

As far as UDI indicators, I really wish I would have taken the pics with those off. This was several years ago, back when I was working on a ridiculously slow computer and was totally addicted to the game. (Like really really addicted. )

6North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-30, 16:37

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
nice but still too much maxis content

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

7North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-30, 16:44

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks for the suggestion, Skimbo. Again, I cannot change any of this because I am not at the current stage in this city's history, but I will try to install more custom content soon. Of course, we'll have to to wait for that in this CJ, though, because I'm still far from the current stage.

8North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-30, 16:49

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Very nice updates. I love your cities with all the maxis content. Very Happy

9North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-01-30, 18:45

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks for your comment, Mayorm. I'm considering skipping ahead sooner than I had originally intended because a lot of people don't seem to like it as it is now. Thanks for your comment. Very Happy

10North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-02-04, 12:13

yoda87  

yoda87
Visitor
Visitor
Very nice city. I love a good vanilla CJ. Very Happy

Also don't get discouraged by comments, if there is one thing I have noticed from reading CJs, whenever peoplr say "please disreguard the UDI" or "I forgot to turn off the grid" thats always what the comments are about. Wich is why I don't have any CJs or DDs.

11North Gate Empty Re: North Gate 2011-02-04, 16:29

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Thanks Yoda. Very Happy

Also, WELCOME BACK!!! You've been gone so long! You, I and Crochhunter were the first members here other than Mayorm himself.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]