Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why santa cannot be real Empty Why santa cannot be real 2010-12-10, 18:00

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Got a long story here so... yeah... Razz

First of my rants about Christmas is Santa. I mean, good grief! Who on earth would believe some fat man in a giant red robe flys in a cart or whatever powered by flying reindeer, with a giant sack on his back? Several issues with that assumption. 1, is there is no way possible that a person can fly around the world in the range of one night. 2, there are two billion persons under the age of 18 on the face of the world. However since he doesn't visit kids of certain religions such as muslim or hindi, this reduces the workload of Santa. According to the previous census, there are approximately 3.5 children in each household. That means there are a good 108 million homes, that do not include kids of the exempt religions. He has approximately 30 hours of Christmas eve to use, considering how it is night on one area of earth and then day on the other. Doing the math, this totals approx 970 visits each second, which is approx 58200 each minute, and 3,492,000 each hour. Meaning he would have approximately one millisecond (1/1000 of a second) to climb down the chimney, throw the presents under the trees, stop, eat his cookies, and drink his milk, climb back up the chimney, get inside the sleigh, say ho ho ho, and take off again. Assuming that each of these 108 million stops across the earth is normally distributed, and accepting the fact that each stop at each house with at least one child that has been nice takes 1 millisecond would mean that he would be going 650 miles a second, or 3000 times the speed of sound. Well, the speed of sound is 761 MPH give or take, and when you times that by 3000, you come up to 2,283,000 MPH give or take. Now, assume that each kid gets a 2 lb present. Well, assuming that 15% of the kids have been naughty and don't get anything, that means that the payload on the sleigh is 500,000 tons, NOT including santa, reindeer, or their equipment. Assuming that a flying reindeer can haul 10 times as much as a "conventional" deer that you almost run into at night on the road in the middle of the forest and your headlights are shining on him. Santa, even still, couldn't get by 10 or 11, try 360,000. This increases the payload even more! 600,000 tons going at 650 miles per second would be like a spacecraft reentering earth which creates tons and tons of enormous air resistance. So basically, within a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny time frame, the front reindeer would burst into giant fireballs and then explode exposing the reindeer behind them creating terribly loud sonic booms in their wake, and all this would happen in 5 milliseconds (5/1000 of a second), which means that santa and his crew would die after visiting only 5 homes. Cmon santa, there's more!! Get going!

So that is why santa cannot exist.

Last edited by Joshriddle_1234 on 2010-12-10, 18:16; edited 1 time in total

2Why santa cannot be real Empty Re: Why santa cannot be real 2010-12-10, 18:15

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
To me, the first thought of the idea of "Santa" tells me that he does not exist. Although doing the math might seem like a fun thing to work out, who needs to do the math to figure this out?

What's really awkward is pretending that he does exist around little kids. What I really want to do is say "OK little kids. SANTA does not exist", but I don't simply because these kids want to believe that Santa exists and I don't want to spoil anything. Most kids find out that their parents put the presents under the tree by the age of eight. So... I just sort of let them believe in Santa until they find out for themselves.

3Why santa cannot be real Empty Re: Why santa cannot be real 2010-12-10, 18:22

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
blakesterville wrote:To me, the first thought of the idea of "Santa" tells me that he does not exist. Although doing the math might seem like a fun thing to work out, who needs to do the math to figure this out?

What's really awkward is pretending that he does exist around little kids. What I really want to do is say "OK little kids. SANTA does not exist", but I don't simply because these kids want to believe that Santa exists and I don't want to spoil anything. Most kids find out that their parents put the presents under the tree by the age of eight. So... I just sort of let them believe in Santa until they find out for themselves.

Well, yeah, I once had a friend when I was a lot younger who was nine years old and believes in santa still. That was just... strange.. I told him it isn't real, he wouldn't believe us!

But around a little 4-5 year old... no... I wouldn't tell him.

I also remember an incident where some 5yo in the neighborhood got upset when the neighbor said that Santa ran into their backyard and dropped off presents but never got him anything. That burned me up like mad to see neighbors acting like that.

So, ho ho ho. santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

4Why santa cannot be real Empty Re: Why santa cannot be real 2010-12-11, 15:52

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
affraid

Joshriddle Santa isn't real!?

AHHHH! Everything I know about Christmas has been ruined!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Exclamation Exclamation Crying or Very sad

jk lol!

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum