Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
You can even make it where those profile things can only be changed by admins. Wink

K50  

K50
Admin
Actually, they will be pictures with very small resolutions fitting in there. The MOTM should still be in text, but the medals can be pictures. That was my plan.

And obviously select people already have seen the medals Smile

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
blakesterville (Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:14 pm) wrote:By the way, I am currently preparing reward fields for the profiles here. Currently, I am working to set a field in the profile that only moderators can change, labeled as "peoples choice:", similar to the MOTM field. Please give me time to get these fields right. I am also working to fix the colors for them. For example, you can see what is in the "MOTM" field, but not the "MOTM:" part of it because that part is white, which is the background color. I am working on that also, so please give me time to get it right. (Don't expect to see the new field until the winners are announced. It doesn't show up unless there is a value for it. )

I other words, I am fixing color problems with the fields and also I am preparing for the the awards to be announced.

EDIT: The colors have been changed now. I'm not sure if grey will work, but I want to give it a try.

Also, please send in your nominations! I've sent in ten so far.

I must congradulate you blakesterville, I've been trying to change those color fields for years.
also yes lets leave the MOTM field as text only.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
K50: I'm not sure how this will work as far as images. What resolution are the medals supposed to be? (I'm trying to set this up. )

As of writing this post, the field is set up as a text field. (Please tell me if you are able to edit it on any given user. I think that moderators should be able to (according to the admin panel), but I'm not actually sure if it is talking about just admins or moderators too, so if not, please let me know and we can work something else out. )

Mayorm: To change the colors of profile fields, go to the users and groups setting in the admin panel, and on one of the panels on the left side of the screen should be "profiles". Click that, and then click the gold gear for any given profile setting, and just to the right of the "name" field is a color. Click that color to change it. It took me a while to figure out how to do it.

Another note: do you think that grey will work for them, or should we try something else?

K50  

K50
Admin
Blakesterville the medals I have planned would be 20 pixels wide and 30 tall. I can change that if you would like, however Smile

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I think that'l work.

K50  

K50
Admin
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
K50: Can you please PM me the actual image you want in the awards field? I have everything set up, but I still need the actual image.

EDIT: By the way, there have been some problems setting up the profile fields how we want it done. Please forgive us if some inconveniences pop of with profile settings. I'm working on this the best that I can and hope to have it done soon.

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Please don't mind my double post, but the winners of SMPCA (Simmania People's Choice) Awards have their profiles edited to show the number of awards that they have won. K50 only showed me how many awards the winners won, but not which ones. You'll have to wait for K50 to announce the actual results, but they are ready to be announced.

K50: By the way, I found a way to use all three icons, but where each user gets only one medal. If you look on the profile, I also found a way to put the value in there too. Things have gone better than I thought they would. You are good to go on posting the results.

Everyone else: Me and K50 have been talking about this whole profile thing for quite some time. It has been difficult, and it is mostly my fault too (I've been really good at misunderstanding things). Sorry about the delay.

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
blakesterville nice work on the profile fields, I feel sorry that I didn't do much to help. Sad

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Don't feel sorry about it. It was just one way to help here, where I wouldn't be doing something huge at the site.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum