Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 10 of 15]

226The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-10-27, 20:18

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Nice! Razz

227The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-10-29, 15:09

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow great updates on elloria thomas. Again a nice modern are of Cattala in contrast to the traditional rural areas. Smile

228The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-10-30, 08:59

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Thank you both very much. That was exactly what I was going for mayorm - Elloria is supposed to be a modern, western town but since it's on the border regions with arguably the oldest province in Cattala, I had to get that aristocratic charm of Old Cattala in there. Smile

229The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-11-04, 17:19

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-01

Welcome to Roumeli Province, in the far south-east of Cattala. This is a brand new province that we haven’t explored before, so I hope you enjoy it.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-02

Roumeli is a completely separate island to Cattala, and has developed quite differently. Guila is quite a dense city compared to other regions, but also has many newer buildings and developments mixed in with the old.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-03

However much of the town remains old and here we can see the town’s central square and it’s original station from on top of the city’s cathedral.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-04

As I said earlier, parts of Guila are modern and recently developed. This apartment complex was very controversial as it was built in the historic centre of the city in the 1970s. Despite this, it has remained and is seen as another part of the city now, not a sore thumb.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-05

Parts of old Guila were once a monastery, and the Chiesa Theatre was a central part of the religious order’s community. It’s now become a theatre and restaurant.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-06

The hub of the city is it’s canal front commercial areas, including the central plaza featured here. The town’s main shops are based here, and on a summer evening the canal and shops are buzzing with people seeking refuge from the heat and swimming in the canal is commonplace.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-07

Here’s an overview of the old town centre, including the railway line, some of the shops and the edge of the theatre. This update is dedicated to my old friend and Roumeli’s original creator DC. If there’s anywhere else that you would like to go please post a request and we’ll go there.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Guila-ent01-08

230The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-11-04, 18:34

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Cool Town! Razz I love your canals <3

231The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2011-11-26, 23:09

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
The town looks great Very Happy I like the pond and canal

232The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-03-24, 15:55

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Church%2004

No photo editing. No trimming. Pure, Cattala.

Welcome to the Holy Church of Calora, at the heart of the Realm's divine faith. Behind these walls reside the most powerful men in Cattala, that can empower a revolution or wipe out a government. This city has the ability to cast a cloud over the whole country.

In such a majestic and significant city, I deemed it vital that I spent such a lengthy period of time on what is really a small area. That's why I won't be updating Cattala again for many, many moons until I am absolutely certain that it is ready for publication.
I've built cities, towns, ports and villages, but until I feel it's the best it can be, I don't want to rush out updates like I have done in the past.
So I hope you will stay, and wait, for the return of Cattala. I'm sorry it may be a long time coming, but rest assured - it will be worth it.

Thank you for your patience,

Thomas

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Church%2005

233The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-03-24, 16:30

Guitarmansuperstar  

Guitarmansuperstar
City Planner
City Planner
Cattala is looking spectacular Smile I like it better in unedited form

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

234The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-03-24, 16:45

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
Wow.. well.. that's spectacular. Stunning work, I love it.

235The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-03-25, 19:28

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Exceptional work Thomas! Very Happy

236The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-03-28, 14:52

K50  

K50
Admin
That looks pretty nice for not being edited Smile And take your time on it, it took me ages to build my latest city which I just posted the day before yesterday, and I am just that little bit more proud of the extra time I put on it. Patience truly pays off and I'm sure your finished product will be exceptional.

But of course, I also put in three teasers, which I suggest you try out to keep letting people you know you're still around Razz

237The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-03-29, 22:13

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Nice! Razz

The town looks old Razz

238The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-06-26, 09:08

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
[centre]The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-01

Replies

Thank you Guitarmansuperstar, samerton and mayorm!
K50: Thanks. Please select "scroll" regarding teasers. Razz
111222333444: It's only about 500 years old... So. Not too old! Razz

Welcome back to Cattala. Over the past few months I've been restructuring and rebuilding my City Journal, starting with Celeste, the capital city of Cattala.

One of the busiest places in Celeste is the Celeste Centrale station. I think you can guess what that translates as. The station is the third-busiest in Cattala and forms part of the Railway Triangle between Jennai, Calora and the capital, the three notable cities in Cattala.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-04

As day turns to evening, let's visit a place with a view of the city's defining feature - the Fiume Celestica, a river that once flowed through the heart of the city. I say once, because in the 19th century the river was dammed upstream and a canal network was built around the city, diverting the flow of the river and stopping the frequent winter floods that plagued the city.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-03

Now to a new part of the city, one I never built in the original version of Celeste. The Stadio di Lady Eliza forms the centrepiece of an urban renewal project near the railway station that has taken more than three decades to complete. A sea of glass and steel dominates the area, with modern apartments and office blocks looming over the old city.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-02

That heart being, Alder Hill. The area was once renowned for its aristocratic residents and the theatres that they frequented. Here's a prime example, located on the corner of a busy shopping road that leads up the the park at the centre of the enclave, which is surrounded by the Fiume Celestica.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-05

The British renamed the city centre when they colonised the island in 1815, after a row of trees that lined the streets of the Parisian style city. The city has a clear definition between the homes of the wealthy and those who served them - most maids and butlers resided in the cramped upper floors of buildings or in separate buildings altogether. In this part of Celeste, the affluent lived across the river to the working classes. Now, even the servants quarters are upmarket homes and designer shops.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-06

These days Alder Hill is most famous for its boutique stores, government offices and the Parliament building. Both the National Assembly and the Senato del Regno are based in Parliament, with various ministerial offices occupying upper floors of the landmark. Across the park is the largest police station in the realm, the Celeste Metropolitan Police headquarters, built in the 18th century.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-U18-07

To end today, an overview of the Alder Hill area at night. I hope to have further updates soon, but I can't make any guarantees.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Celeste-nightscape[/centre]

239The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-06-26, 10:37

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Wow, amazing work! I like the background information on the storyline, the cities are fantastic too! Very Happy

http://simopsis.com

240The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-06-26, 12:21

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Crying or Very sad SO BEAUTIFUL!

Its great to see an update of Cattala, (I was beginning to think you forgot about us over here).

I love the story, all the shops, and the way you make the modern areas blend with the historical ones. Great work Very Happy

Now the best part is, I get to go read and see it again at AIN Razz

241The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-06-26, 15:15

K50  

K50
Admin
You've outdone yourself with that one Thomas. I'd love to see it in the daytime Smile

242The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-06-28, 02:44

SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Wow, I'm very speechless Jaw Drop

I'ts Amazing! Very Happy

243The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-01, 23:30

SimLink  

SimLink
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Fantastic work, looks amazing! Very Happy

http://simopsis.com

244The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-08, 15:33

titanicbuff  

titanicbuff
Resident
Resident
Fantastic Work

http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/index.php

245The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-16, 08:44

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
mayorm: I could never forget this place! You're in my bookmarks bar! Cattala updates are available at most major Simcity websites. (sounds like an advert now)
k50: Thank you - and I'll see what I can do. Razz
111222333444: Haha, thanks very much. I'm glad you liked it!
sim Link: Thank you! For both comments! Laughing
titanicbuff: Thanks!

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-01

Summer has returned, which means it's time to visit the breadbasket of Cattala once more. Last year we focused on Ontano island, in the south east of Cattala, quite a lot, but this time we're moving further north into the mainland.
Lessito is the biggest province in terms of area, covering all of the eastern lands of the mainland and stretching into the north as well. Despite this, it is the most sparsely population region, with no substantial cities and a rural heartland full of villages and hamlets communities.

Today we're stopping by the Darna comuni, which is straddled by the A5 road from San Pietro to the Ontano Bridge. Darna services is one of the larger ones along the road, which is popular with holidaymakers going from the city to the beaches of the east.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-02

Recently the government has announced a large investment in the infrastructure of rural areas like Darna. This bridge is being rebuilt to cope better with flooding and more traffic, as it formed a bottleneck at peak times and was regularly closed in the winter, cutting off many hamlets from the a-road.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-03

The village of Yewell is a small community outside of Darna, north of the busy carriageway. Here, a secondary road is the easiest way to travel from the village to the rest of the province. Farm life dominates this little place, with sprawling orchards and vineyards as far as the eye can see. In summer, the town is buzzing with workers picking fruit and taking it off to market and warehouses.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-04

Yewell is fortunate enough to have its own industrial buildings to store fruit and vegetables in, before they get taken to the shops of the country and the shipyards for sale overseas. This year, the storage facilities will be overflowing with juicy grapes which will soon be taken to Jennai for brewing into some of the country's most delicious wines.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-05

Besides its heritage for wine making, Yewell's other claim to fame is the Saint Martin's Retreat Centre, where young people from the cities come on pilgrimage to rest, relax and develop spiritually and emotionally. It's a very popular venue for school retreats and a way for urban children to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-06

But not everything is rosy and perfect in Lessito...

The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Darna-U01-07

As you'll find out in the next update.

246The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-16, 12:48

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Great update Thomas Very Happy

I love how you make the countryside Smile Very realistic with that service plaza too, reminds me of when I lived in Pennsylvania, near the Amish country. Smile I'm excited to see the next update after that cliff hanger too

247The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-16, 15:13

K50  

K50
Admin
You made a bridge construction look good, how is there something bad coming? Razz

248The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-16, 17:01

thomas  

thomas
Renting
Renting
Because of the resizing on these forums, the hint at what is coming is missing, so I recommend opening the pictures in another tab, full size. Smile

Next update I'll try and make sure they're at the right size... is the limit 800 wide?

249The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-17, 00:32

forthwall  

forthwall
Visitor
Visitor
Excellent Update Thomas

250The United Kingdom of Cattala - Page 10 Empty Re: The United Kingdom of Cattala 2012-07-17, 04:12

K50  

K50
Admin
thomas wrote:Next update I'll try and make sure they're at the right size... is the limit 800 wide?
Your pictures are about to 870 pixels when they get chopped on my end. We're doing a site upgrade though so the forums might be re-sizing soon. I'd just keep what you're doing, don't stress it too much. Sorry for the inconvenience Smile

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum