Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-09-29, 20:15

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I thought this is a necessary post to make here. Let this be a lesson to those who would be wanting a SC5.

What EA left out of the game they let us put into the game. Of course 90% of the SC4 tools out there are non-Maxis, they gave us the LE and BAT so that we could load new stuff to the game, that is if we had the skill. And those that are skilled to do it have done it for us. And to think of wanting a new game after that is a mere insult to Maxis and our custom content creators.

We are a community, all of us, me, you, and all the hundreds of thousands of people active in the SC5 community. Allthough we are different sites and people, when you look at where we have come so far, we are seen as a whole. We have taken the game so much further, and I mean so much further than Maxis did. We have thought things up that, gee, Maxis hadn't even thought of!!! And if you want a SC5, Don't kid yourself!!! WE are the SC5. Not to mention there will be no "official" one.

See, the custom content creators are the "programmers", as well as those who "put it on the market (STEX, LEX, etc...)
And then the rest of the active SC4 community, the ones that just help eachother out, we ask questions, we get help, someone else asks for help, and we help, we're like the "Tech Support". And that applies to anyone active in the SC4 community who is willing to help.

We all make a team.

That is my opinion and thought.

2WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-09-29, 20:57

mayorm  

mayorm
SC4 insomniac
SC4 insomniac
Crying or Very sad beautiful, we are indeed SC5.

3WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-09-29, 21:01

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
Here is an addition to that. Copied the post from Simtrop so if it seems disorganized please bear with me.

Well, that's true as long as you can grasp hold of EA's practices. In all actuality, like you said, EA isn't the one to blame. We owe these custom content makers moolah for the virtual expansion packs, and I cannot do that, I hate to say, yet. I'd kick ST $30 bucks if I could for the continuity of all this. Unfortunately, my parents may be highly against that. Razz

As a matter of fact, I would bet EA's executives are sitting back laughing in our face. They, as well as any, and I mean any business, is chasing the almighty dollar. They can spend as much moolah as they want trying to program a new game, and they do it allright, without fail. REGARDLESS of whether or not they sell or not, they are going to make money anyway they can.

To all of you who don't know, Maxis is dead. So when you try and refer to Maxis making a new SC game, you are bound to be corrected. There is a 1% chance that they will make a SC5 IMO, and if that 1% is taken, and we do see a SC5 on the market, you wouldn't see Maxis written all over it.

I offer my apologies if I am getting too worked up.

4WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-10-05, 17:49

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
Well, there are a lot of projects that have attempted to build new city simulators. I tend to be optimistic and I think I would be for the idea of starting another one, but I think I am a little too ambitious. If the members of Simmania like that idea, we might be able to start, but seriously, I don't think the chances of that are high.

5WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-10-05, 18:05

Skimbo  

Skimbo
Gets tons of email
Gets tons of email
SC6 , please, SCS (some things inside are marked as SC5) is some *self censured* no one needs to play.

http://Tigrar.deviantart.com

6WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-10-06, 17:08

Blake  

Blake
Hides from the paparazzi
Hides from the paparazzi
I've heard enough bad words about it for me not to buy SCS. Twisted Evil

7WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-11-05, 22:48

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
blakesterville wrote:I've heard enough bad words about it for me not to buy SCS. Twisted Evil

Agreed. Smile

8WERE The next SimCity!!! Empty Re: WERE The next SimCity!!! 2010-11-06, 16:38

samerton  

samerton
Frequently mentioned in the media
Frequently mentioned in the media
blakesterville wrote:I've heard enough bad words about it for me not to buy SCS. Twisted Evil
Joshriddle_1234 wrote:Agreed. Smile

It's honestly not that bad. You should try it.. it's quite a good game.

Sponsored content  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum